• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Karloff, Dell, TV horror and more.....
4 4

5,021 posts in this topic

On 9/4/2018 at 8:16 PM, 1950's war comics said:

the mummy Soaky is just too cool not to post again,and his head looks just like Karloff...                        and the cobra at his feet adds a nice touch

Image result for mummy soakie                             Image result for mummy soakie

These Soakys are cool but very prone to paint loss as well as cracking around the neck.

On 9/1/2018 at 11:51 AM, tv horror said:

Charles Laughton could chew the scenery if he got a chance and so could Robert Newton. I wonder what the dialog would be between them.

Laughton: Flog that man Mr Christian!

Newton: ARrrrrrrrrrrr Me bones do shake when ye speak like that.

Laughton: My dear sir you are a scurvy knave be done with you.

Newton: ARrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ye be right as alway captain.

images (1).jpg

images (2).jpg

images.jpg

Has there been a better pirate than one played by Robert Newton?

as i have mentioned a few times through out this thread , the Mission Impossible TV show is probably my favorite show of all time ...

i saw the new movie recently (part VI i believe) and while mildly entertaining , by the time the movie was over i had a killer headache, just waaaay too much over the top action with chase scene after chase scene way to many fight scenes,,.. false endings and more , ...

the worst thing about the movies is that they could take one of the TV show plots and they would actually have a good movie lol 

Image result for mission impossible comic book

Edited by 1950's war comics

I am reciting an original plot from the tv show from memory to give one a good idea of how densely plotted the tv show could be

a brilliant East German interrogator with knowledge of a possible impending Russian nuclear strike was captured by the West Germans many months ago , the West Germans have been unable to break him because he knows all of the interrogation methods,.. your mission is to capture him from the West Germans and  break him in within next 24 hours

Image result for mission impossible comic

they broke the interrogator by drugging him and reversing the roles so that now he was trying to break and extract information from Martin Landau ,.. information that only he knew himself, with knowledge that if he did not get the information immediately that he would then be executed (as Communist countries were known to do to those that failed on their job lol )

During the original TV series run ,. strong man Peter Lupus (known as Willy) was the strong silent type ,... in fact so silent that i read that college campuses 

would have drinking games where each participant would have to take a drink (probably hard liquor too lol )  anytime that Willy spoke on screen lol 

Image result for peter lupus mission impossible intro

In the first Mission Impossible episode (named: "Pilot")

Willy carried two large suitcases into a vault,... one of them had then team member and safe cracker extraordinaire Wally Cox

inside of the suitcase....

sort of like todays big shows of Cirque Du Soleil 

Image result for mission impossible pilot wally cox Image result for mission impossible pilot wally cox

On 9/19/2018 at 1:01 AM, 1950's war comics said:

In the first Mission Impossible episode (named: "Pilot")

Willy carried two large suitcases into a vault,... one of them had then team member and safe cracker extraordinaire Wally Cox

inside of the suitcase....

sort of like todays big shows of Cirque Du Soleil 

Image result for mission impossible pilot wally cox Image result for mission impossible pilot wally cox

I remember him as Hiram Holliday. Seems best known now for the little bit of scandal about him and Marlon Brando!!