• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Karloff, Dell, TV horror and more.....
4 4

5,021 posts in this topic

when i was a kid my mom would make my brother and i go to the grocery store shopping every week..

it seemed as if it took forever , i certainly don't think my mom was in any hurry lol 

the only fun thing about it was that we got to pick out our own box of cereal from the cereal isle - now that was pure heaven as a kid !! often times when choosing which cereal i would pick would come down to which one had the best prize !!! (my favorite prize was the 3D baseball and football cards from the early 70's 

as shown

Butkus

1970cf2.jpg
1970 Corn Flakes Cereal Box = $25.00

Willie Mays

1970cf+a.jpg1970 Corn Flakes Cereal Box = $25.00

Edited by 1950's war comics

according to the description ,.. this Superman back cereal box is one of the best !!

1950s+Corn+Flakes+Superman+Cereal+Box++=+$300.00.JPG
Best of the group. 1955 Corn Flakes Superman Cereal Box  = $350.00 this is an exceptional box, very very desirable. worth way more than my value. one of the top boxes you could buy. 

i never even knew there was a Spiderman cereal ,...

i pretty much stopped eating cereal about 10 years ago although i occasionally buy a box of Grape Nuts or granola cereal still....

2004+Kellogg's+Spiderman+2+Movie+Cereal+Box.JPG
2004 Spiderman 2 Movie Cereal Box = $5 to $10.00

The Woody Woodpecker swimmer advertised on the back of the box seems cool , i think i have seen them around before..

believe it or not as kids we used to put lots of sugar on top of the our bowls of Rice Krispies (as if there was not enough sugar in the first place lol )

1965krk1.jpg1965 Rice Krispies Cereal Box = $250 to $350.00

same thing with Special K..

it was supposed to be a somewhat " healthy " cereal back in the day... but after we piled heaping tablespoons of sugar on top of each bowl i doubt there were any health benefits left lol 

Special K - first produced 1955

1976Special+K+Cereal+Box.JPG
1976 Special K Kellogg's Cereal Box = $15.00

i hated Grape Nuts as a kid but as i got older i learned to let the cereal soak for awhile and get soft and then i really like em !!!

also known to be one of the " Healthier " cereals

the outdoorsman and natural food enthusiast Euell Gibbons was made famous by his grape nuts commercials like this one ....

Super Sugar Crisp ....

as if just average amounts of sugar wasn't enough lol 

also had a distinctive taste and got stuck to your teeth ....

later on they changed the name to " Super Golden Crisp" as not to scare the mothers away from buying the extra sugar version lol 

1967ssc2.jpg
1967 Post Sugar Crisp Cereal Box = $100.00

1990SUPER+GOLDEN+CRISP.JPG
1990 Golden Crisp cereal box = $5 to $10.00

2 hours ago, peewee22 said:

Best cereal premiums ever. I see them every day.

129.jpg

130.jpg

What is it with you and food? Everytime my doctor says to diet you come up with all sorts of goodness, you fiend 1950's! As for the U.K we had our Dr Who Batman Star trek cereals. I love those monster heads.

6deece6d33c041b03c27096a7574ddf2.jpg

ST_SW.jpg

cereal_uk.jpg

m055ny6Gobj-deea9ERyezA.jpg

s-l1000.jpg

On 10/4/2018 at 8:06 AM, tv horror said:

It most certainly is and Mr Weaver is a great guy and writer he even put me on his acknowledgements page in his "the Veil" book all about Karloff's TV series. 

7b01eba67f87a1d4bbb74d2db1b98438.jpg

Yeah Tom Weaver is cool and a absolute great author. He hangs out over here and chimes in time to time about Universal Monsters.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/monsterkidclassichorrorforum/