• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BLACK PANTHER 2 directed by Ryan Coogler (TBD)
8 8

829 posts in this topic

Why does Attuma have a hammerhead shark skull on his head in the trailer?  On the one hand it would seem to be a pretty cool idea, but on the other hand sharks don't have bones so it doesn't make any sense.  ???  I guess we have to assume it's not real bones but something that was made from something solid to look like shark cartilage?  (shrug)

FYZyaKdX0AEOFKw.jpg

On 9/27/2022 at 7:22 AM, thegiftedone45 said:

3 hours wow...

Ugh.

I suppose the latest line of thinking in Feige's office now is-  "If you liked Batman at 3 hours, you'll absolutely LOVE three hours of nothing but superfluous comic relief and side characters that nobody cares about".  :eyeroll:

This is one pointless, misguided , shameless, blatant money grab of a movie that I am actively hoping flops.

#notchallanoticket

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

Long run time, but there's going to have to be some initial exposition on the death of T'Challa, grief period, before the story moves on in a new direction.

Edited by Ken Aldred

I am torn on this one. On one hand, I hope it does poorly at the box office so DIS/Marvel gets back to producing quality films again. On the other hand, I hope it is successful so DIS/Marvel keeps developing more 2nd and 3rd tier properties that we can profit from.

On 10/3/2022 at 11:12 AM, D84 said:

Wait, Namor can fly?

He can!

Apparently that's what makes him a "mutant."  The other stuff (strength/water-breathing) is just being Atlantean.  

On 10/3/2022 at 10:19 AM, Axelrod said:

He can!

Apparently that's what makes him a "mutant."  The other stuff (strength/water-breathing) is just being Atlantean.  

I gotta be honest, watching those ankle wings flap made me laugh out loud.

They need to add the Jetsons noise while he flies.

The story of how Marvel Studios/Disney worked out the Namor film distribution rights behind the scenes and then surprised the audience with his involvement will be interesting.

Universal must have realized by himself the box office would have had to deal with the Aquaman comparison. So what deal did they cut, knowing MS wanted him back?

On 10/3/2022 at 9:29 AM, Jaydogrules said:

Yuck. 

This ridiculous poster just proved my point above. 

I mean seriously, who cares about any of these characters??

#notchallanoticket

-J.

If it's a good movie, who cares? There's lots of bad movies about characters people care about, what's so bad about small characters getting a chance at a good arc?