• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BLACK PANTHER 2 directed by Ryan Coogler (TBD)
8 8

829 posts in this topic

People are running with this speculation and... it kind of makes sense.

He also speculates that the introduction of Namor and Atlantis in Wakanda Forever could tie into Killmonger's return."Remember, Killmonger was buried at sea... The Atlanteans could have recovered his body."

- Erik Voss

I have seen this mentioned a few times over the last few months as a way to bring back Michael B Jordan. 

On 7/28/2022 at 10:10 AM, fantastic_four said:

Interesting tidbit I just found about Namor--when Bill Everett created the character in 1939 he was trying to come up with unique character names by taking well-known words and reversing them.  "Namor" was a result of him reversing the name of the Roman empire.

On 7/28/2022 at 11:36 AM, Bosco685 said:

In all these years of appreciating the character, I had never read this influence until now.

Never knew that either. Learn something new everyday. 

‘Tlālōcān was reserved for those who had drowned or had otherwise been killed by manifestations of water, such as by flood, by diseases associated with water, or in storms by strikes of lightning.’

I see what they’re going for, but it’s a level of the underworld and not a direct comparison to Atlantis. 

On 7/29/2022 at 8:01 AM, Ken Aldred said:

At least they’ve had the sense not to go with this comic book accurate look for him…

787737.jpg

LOL I said the same thing somewhere else.  There was someone complaining that they needed to use the way he looked in the original comic books and nothing else.   

You sure about that ?

I want this to be a good movie. I enjoyed the first Black Panther movie.

So hopefully some of these major character changes play out smoother than it appears. But unfortunately, Phase IV has shown me the secret sauce has changed substantially.

:wishluck:

Is anyone familiar with the storyline from the comics where Atlantis and Wakanda had some sort of conflict?  I'm curious about the reasons they conflicted in the comics as a general indicator for where they may (or may not) go in the film.

On 7/29/2022 at 10:52 AM, fantastic_four said:

Is anyone familiar with the storyline from the comics where Atlantis and Wakanda had some sort of conflict?  I'm curious about the reasons they conflicted in the comics as a general indicator for where they may (or may not) go in the film.

This is a good read:

Black Panther and Namor: A Tale of Two Kings

On 7/29/2022 at 11:54 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

That was a good read and I can see why they are paired off in the movies.

Was there a chronological list that you or anyone else found that gives a reading order for events?  I have Marvel Unlimited and that could be my entertainment for a week. 

On 7/29/2022 at 12:05 PM, Buzzetta said:

That was a good read and I can see why they are paired off in the movies.

Was there a chronological list that you or anyone else found that gives a reading order for events?  I have Marvel Unlimited and that could be my entertainment for a week.

A great question. This isn't comprehensive whatsoever, but some of the key elements are in:

1. Black Panther (1998) [#27]
  2. Black Panther (2005) [#21]
  3. Avengers (2012) [#40]
  4. Avengers vs X-Men (2012) [#8]
  5. New Avengers (2013) [#9]

I'm struggling to find a list of all the issues that include Wakanda vs Atlantis stuff. There are some clues in the Marvel article that I've included in brackets. The feud bled over into 2006's Civil War, and 2015's Secret Wars, too.

On 7/29/2022 at 11:54 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

You just reminded me of something. When Chadwick Boseman passed away, ComiXology offered free copies of many Black Panther comic books for FREE.

Black_Panther.thumb.PNG.1043340d56bfe556a858a91671fab6dd.PNG

Now under my Amazon Kindle account. I'll have to see if I lucked out and grabbed those books. :wishluck:

1) I've always wondered what association Marvel had with Black Panther & the # 52, given that he appeared in Fantastic Four # 52, Avengers # 52 and Daredevil # 52.

2) "Legos" is currently trending on Twitter because the Wakanda Forever Lego toy set reportedly reveals who takes up the mantle of the new Black Panther in the film (as shown in the final shot of the trailer).

Warning - thar there be spoilers...

On 8/2/2022 at 1:45 PM, Gatsby77 said:

1) I've always wondered what association Marvel had with Black Panther & the # 52, given that he appeared in Fantastic Four # 52, Avengers # 52 and Daredevil # 52.

The only thing that I can come up with is the episode of Suspense called "Black Panther" that debuted in 1952. Otherwise, coincidence?

I always thought that at least the original Black Panther costume design was inspired by Batman. When FF 52 was on the stands, Batman was the biggest sensation in show biz. The figure on the cover looks somewhat Batmanish. I've always wondered if that was just a coincidence.

On 8/3/2022 at 12:21 AM, Larryw7 said:

I always thought that at least the original Black Panther costume design was inspired by Batman. When FF 52 was on the stands, Batman was the biggest sensation in show biz. The figure on the cover looks somewhat Batmanish. I've always wondered if that was just a coincidence.

With the cape and all? There's no way it's coincidence.

lego leaks revealed who the new black panther is.

Just a warning if you don't want any spoilers, stay away from any product reveals from Hasbro or Lego.