• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BLACK PANTHER 2 directed by Ryan Coogler (TBD)
8 8

829 posts in this topic

Just saw the trailer and honestly, first time I've seen/imagined the ankle wings and guess that's how it would work. Did have the Harry Potter "golden snitch" buzzing noise going through my mind. :grin:

Have the feeling they are going to milk the emotional angle on many sides as much as they can on this one. 

On 10/3/2022 at 4:01 PM, media_junkie said:

Ok, so in the trailer the queen lady is implying that the only reason Atlantis hasn't attacked the "surface world" over the last thousands of years is because of the Blank Panter?  Seriously?  Did I catch that right?

She did mumble under her breath, "And dang Universal!"

:shiftyeyes:

I think there’s going to be a big misfire on WF. The marketing is extremely disjointed, all over the place and lacks any sort of coherence. I don’t know if that’s a reflection of the film, but it’s not generally a good thing when $100M (guessing) in marketing can’t convey the general premise concisely.

It seems very much like a DC movie: too many differing ideas, visuals, expressions and overwrought points they are going to try to wedge into one film. It looks completely different from Black Panther, which was an amazingly balanced movie. 

On 10/21/2022 at 12:42 PM, Dr. Balls said:

I think there’s going to be a big misfire on WF. The marketing is extremely disjointed, all over the place and lacks any sort of coherence. I don’t know if that’s a reflection of the film, but it’s not generally a good thing when $100M (guessing) in marketing can’t convey the general premise concisely.

It seems very much like a DC movie: too many differing ideas, visuals, expressions and overwrought points they are going to try to wedge into one film. It looks completely different from Black Panther, which was an amazingly balanced movie. 

That's what happens when you make a pointless movie with no stars, and no characters people know and/or care about.  

-J.