• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BLACK PANTHER 2 directed by Ryan Coogler (TBD)
8 8

829 posts in this topic

Is there any explanation given for the origin change for Namor rather than trying to tap into the Latin market? Namor is my favorite Marvel character and patiently have been waiting for his inclusion into the MCU for years. Yes, other characters have had changes but this is pretty wholesale and why? Just why?

On 7/3/2022 at 8:12 PM, rexinnih said:

Is there any explanation given for the origin change for Namor rather than trying to tap into the Latin market? Namor is my favorite Marvel character and patiently have been waiting for his inclusion into the MCU for years. Yes, other characters have had changes but this is pretty wholesale and why? Just why?

Aquaman and helping general audiences to get over the hump of Atlantis.

On 7/3/2022 at 5:20 PM, Bosco685 said:

Thanks for reposting. Reading a bit more, still more details to come but basing Atlantis culture on Mayan culture will be interesting. They better not make him a warm and fuzzy nice guy. 

On 7/3/2022 at 8:12 PM, rexinnih said:

I can get over the fact that they are making a "location" change of Atlantis off the Coast of Central America but Atlantis is it's own unique culture so I'm not sure why they have to make Atlantis, Aztec'n / Mayan like... 

In light of recent alleged Black Panther 2 leaks revealing the first look at Namor, Huerta takes to his official social media to respond. In his tweet, the actor posts a photo of SpongeBob's Mermaid Man with the translated caption "Tenoch images are leaked..." Clearly, he is poking fun at this unofficial reveal of his own underwater character.