• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BLACK PANTHER 2 directed by Ryan Coogler (TBD)
8 8

829 posts in this topic

On 7/24/2022 at 7:22 AM, Buzzetta said:

Trailer nails it... 

I am beside myself how good this looks and hopefully steers phase four back to something that is jaw dropping.

Isn’t this the last film in Phase Four? There’s no saving it. Hopefully BP2 stands alone with minimal connections to this lackluster run.

Ryan Coogler’s a very good director.

The film has potential.

Hopefully, with a decent story and dialogue to work with we’ll see him halt the decline in quality in Marvel films over the last year or so.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 7/4/2022 at 11:17 AM, ganni said:

The Golden Rule.....

Disney's Atlantis will be the source material

Not Marvel's  Atlantis

atlantisthelostempire.thumb.jpg.03d272ebc0dc8eafe2a81c4aa3036a90.jpg

That’s a relief, rather than Apocalypto.

On 7/24/2022 at 10:12 AM, herc2000 said:

How can this actor as Namor compete with Aquaman, absolutely ridiculous

I liked Jason Momoa as Aquaman.  He had a sense of humour in the role, without that being quite as forced as Thor’s has been.

If Namor’s as arrogant and narcissistic as he is in the comics, I can’t see that interpretation working well at all. Even positioned as a villain against Wakanda, he’d be irritating.

Edited by Ken Aldred

Namor looks good, not sure what everyones issue is with him, as the design looks far more interesting than the majority of his comic appearances while still being having the important details (and he needs some sort of visual changes to make him stand out from Aquaman at this point). 

Namor was never someone I took as a threat at-a-glance, any intimidation and character was all based on his high and mighty attitude and ego - which we have to wait and see if the the actor could convey.

I got chills watching this trailer.  The sensitivity to Boseman's death, the use of music, the GORGEOUS cinematography...
I usually find MCU fare to be mediocre at best, but Black Panther was my #2 favorite of their output, and the new trailer gave me high hopes for the sequel.    

On 7/24/2022 at 2:12 AM, herc2000 said:

Namor casting is terrible, looks like nothing like the comic book character, sell your Namor 1's and FF 4's while you can!

How can this actor as Namor compete with Aquaman, absolutely ridiculous, what's with the nose piece, dad bod etc etc

Don't get why they did not just recast Black Panther, Chadwick was good as Black Panther, but he is not Black Panther.

Another one to avoid watching :-(

Indeed.  

I predict this movie makes about $500 million LESS than the first one due to the foolishly over emotional and short sighted decision to not simply wait a little while and recast the role.  I've read they are in fact recasting for the third one (assuming the franchise survives), but still....

Actors are not the characters they portray and do not own the roles.  Such a stupid move by Disney and Feige and one I suspect they will regret (one among many bad decisions in phase 4).

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

Are you people watching the same trailer I’m watching? This looks dope. Sorry Namor doesn’t look  exactly like the cover of SM #1. He’s got wings on his feet in the birth scene and a green speedo. He looks very.good IMO. Attuma also looks great. And if that’s Shuri with the claws at the end sooo good! People just be thankful that we have these gorgeous movies in our lifetime and stop nitpicking. 

"Trailer Namor" looks way more like "Comic Namor" than "Love & Thunder Thor" looks like "Comic Thor".  Just saying.

I love the Namor from the comics, and was a little disappointed when I heard about the change for the movie, but....  after seeing this powerful trailer I'm on board and will embrace the change.

"Everything is going to be all right."

On 7/24/2022 at 6:06 PM, Key Largo Comics said:

Are you people watching the same trailer I’m watching? This looks dope. Sorry Namor doesn’t look  exactly like the cover of SM #1. He’s got wings on his feet in the birth scene and a green speedo. He looks very.good IMO. Attuma also looks great. And if that’s Shuri with the claws at the end sooo good! People just be thankful that we have these gorgeous movies in our lifetime and stop nitpicking. 

If you're weighing the merits of a barking critic, go back and read the Inhumans TV thread; howls of laughter will ensue after reading how that was going to change television. :roflmao:

Edited by paperheart

On 7/24/2022 at 8:44 PM, gadzukes said:

"Trailer Namor" looks way more like "Comic Namor" than "Love & Thunder Thor" looks like "Comic Thor".  Just saying.

I love the Namor from the comics, and was a little disappointed when I heard about the change for the movie, but....  after seeing this powerful trailer I'm on board and will embrace the change.

"Everything is going to be all right."

Same here. I was surprised when they first announced the Latin American origins but will fully reserve judgement until I actually see the movie. Namor is my favorite Marvel character and hope they do him justice.