• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR (SPOILERS)
5 5

365 posts in this topic

SO here is a question. DId anyone notice the Infinity Guantlet was all burned /damaged after he killed half of everyone. Is it still even working? Or does it still have the full power. He was still able to leave/teleport using the space stone. So at least we know that works.

Edited by Rip

28 minutes ago, Rip said:

SO here is a question. DId anyone notice the Infinity Guantlet was all burned /damaged after he killed half of everyone. Is it still even working? Or does it still have the full power. He was still able to leave/teleport using the space stone. So at least we know that works.

Yeah I saw that and wondered as well.

Keep in mind the opening Wakanda scene we saw for months wasn't in this picture. There was no Hulk.

Love the Spider Armor even more then I expected. 

I am surprised some people on this board either haven't read IG or didn't understand what the Gauntlet can do.

I too wonder about the rest of the Asgardians. You would think they would have put up more of a fight.

I will go back and see this again.

1 hour ago, Rip said:

My theory is that the dwarf that forged it built in an inherent flaw in the gauntlet.

14 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

My theory is that the dwarf that forged it built in an inherent flaw in the gauntlet.

That theory wouldn't hold because the stones are where the power comes from, not the gauntlet. Even though the gauntlet was burnt out at the end of the film the stones are still intact, plus he could use the stones to remake the gauntlet. 

7 minutes ago, Chip Cataldo said:

That theory wouldn't hold because the stones are where the power comes from, not the gauntlet. Even though the gauntlet was burnt out at the end of the film the stones are still intact, plus he could use the stones to remake the gauntlet. 

The Gauntlet allows him to wield the the power of the stones in unison.  The stones are so powerful that they would destroy a mortal just by touching it (as seen in GotG).  Thanos is likely strong enough to physically hold 2, maybe 3 stones without getting incinerated, but to wield all 6 without dying most likely requires a device (like the Gauntlet).

16 hours ago, Gatsby77 said:

I always assumed that Captain Marvel will take the place of Warlock in the next movie.

Even though he was directly referenced in Guardians 2.

Given that he wasn't mentioned at all here, he'd be too much of a deus ex machina to intro and be given such a pivotal role to in Part 2 alone.

Agreed. I'd love to see Warlock and Surfer in the next one but it would be difficult to fit them in the story at this point.

I just saw it for the second time, in IMAX 3D. My 2D local theater- $8.00 The bigger Cinema- $22.00!!!!!!! I didn’t have a water and spent $5.00 on one too!!! 

Ok, after I got over that, seeing it in IMAX 3D is the way to see the movie. If you’re not a 3D guy/gal, see it in IMAX. It was a different experience- I saw every last frame. Truly incredible. Just take a breath when paying. Just a few comments:

1. A mic or wire was hanging down from the top when Thor was on the Guardians ship, lying down. I could’ve been seeing things, but that’s what it looked like. 

2. Scarlet Witch fully lost her accent a few times. 

3. At the end, Thanos is limping a bit- I think he was shaken up from the stormbreaker. The gauntlet was definitely torn up. Like others said, he does need the gauntlet to wield the stones- or does he? 

4. I have to read IG again, as this seems very different. As someone had suggested, Ms. Marvel will be the Adam Warlock in the next movie. They may introduce him as well. I’m excited for it either way. 

I liked spidey irritating Thanos to the point he called him "insect". :) Also another comic reference being called the mad Titan. :) As to Warlock, hopefully he will be introduced in Phase 4. 

53 minutes ago, SpideyFein said:

3. At the end, Thanos is limping a bit- I think he was shaken up from the stormbreaker. The gauntlet was definitely torn up. Like others said, he does need the gauntlet to wield the stones- or does he? 

Thanos is limping and the whole left side of his body is charred.

51 minutes ago, fett said:

As to Warlock, hopefully he will be introduced in Phase 4. 

According to James Gunn, Warlock won't appear until GotGv3, and even then that hasn't been 100% decided yet apparently.

5 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

Thanos is limping and the whole left side of his body is charred.

According to James Gunn, Warlock won't appear until GotGv3, and even then that hasn't been 100% decided yet apparently.

I hate that. He *needs* to be introduced ASAP. 

On 4/28/2018 at 9:56 AM, Callaway29 said:

Saw last night. Very little to gripe about...other than having to wait for the second half of the movie and knowing the deaths are temp, especially watching BP go. That was too much of an “in your face” moment and took everyone out of the moment. In my opinion they should have found a way to keep us guessing on whether the deaths will be reversed or not...

I went early this evening. I was surprised that the theater was pretty empty. 

Loved the movie, but I don't know much of the Infinity story, so it was a little confusing. I

Where did it say they were definitely coming back? I guessed that they were from Dr Strange's reversal about saving Tony...but I didn't seen anything definite.

There was just so much stuff going on I'll have to go see it again.

2 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

Where did it say they were definitely coming back? I guessed that they were from Dr Strange's reversal about saving Tony...but I didn't seen anything definite.

Asides from the fact that many of those characters have forthcoming sequels, I think the speculation on their return is largely based on the events that occurred in the comic.

9 hours ago, Bird said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they stick to the comics and Nebula is the one to first get the Gauntlet from Thanos. She'll reverse everything immediately to spite Thanos and will get her sister back in a big movie moment.

Tony is clearly the key though. When Dr Strange made his speech about the protecting the gem over Tony and/or Peter it struck me immediately as out of character (I am a big Doc guy and overall loved him in this movie) but then when you see that they needed something to contrast with his decision to give the Gem to Thanos it makes movie sense. Doc was awesome in this movie I thought, powerful enough to do well against Thanos even though he had 4 gems by then. He was kicking names and taking azz.

Strange's solo fight against Thanos was jaw dropping.  His opening spell started off so simply, just a red firey/lightning arch hitting one rock.  I was like, okay Strange, you can do better than that.  Then the ball starts creating a chain from one rock to the next.  From that, to the mirror shield, to the matter manipulation, to the doppelganger spell and chains.  The good Doc pulled out all the stops.

7 hours ago, Chip Cataldo said:

there's a chance they might change the rules on that IMO. The full gauntlet couldn't stop Thor's axe, so the material the gauntlet and axe are made from may be immune to the stones or at the very least resistant. Either way I have complete faith the Russo Bros. will deliver. :) Though I do hope they do something to vindicate the Hulk. I know Thanos is Thanos and all but this is the Hulk, he gets stronger the angrier he gets, Hulk is the strongest one there is. :) He got his butt kicked and they made it seem like he was afraid to come back out of Banner the entire film. 

Edited by fett