• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Metropolis is Suing Voldemort
5 5

761 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, mackenzie999 said:

I imagine from now on all new CGC employees will be expected to sign some sort of non-compete (if they're not already).

What makes you think Steve didn't?

3 minutes ago, mackenzie999 said:

I imagine from now on all new CGC employees will be expected to sign some sort of non-compete (if they're not already).

I'm pretty sure Steve had one. When he left CGC he went to work for the Hero Alliance for a few months, then to Heritage before starting this phase of his journey.

The ones I've done are usually only a few months. A key person might have two years. There really isn't one set standard. For many jobs, they are hard to enforce. Judges tend to allow people to work and make a living. You really need to show that you will be harmed by that person working in the particular field. That's in NY, courts other places may be different.

4 minutes ago, shadroch said:

The ones I've done are usually only a few months. A key person might have two years. There really isn't one set standard. For many jobs, they are hard to enforce. Judges tend to allow people to work and make a living. You really need to show that you will be harmed by that person working in the particular field. That's in NY, courts other places may be different.

Tough to say given the peculiarities of the job. 2 years sounds right but that is a long time for a global non compete. 

1 hour ago, 1Cool said:

They took 4% from CGC and 3% from PGX.  After 4 years I'd think most start up competitors would want to grab more of the pie but I don't have any data to support what is expected.

I would as well.  And that apparent 7% market share is a recent peak.  As recently as just a few months ago it was much less than that even. 

You're not going to be able to stay in business for long with that unless you're working in some dude's basement like PGX supposedly does.  

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

2 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

I would as well.  And that apparent 7% market share is a recent peak.  As recently as just a few months ago it was much less than that even. 

You'e not to be able to stay in business for long with that.   

-J.

What an absolutely asinine thing to say. In the first place, we are looking at a small portion of the overall market. 

In the second place, when does market share have to do with business viability. What percent of the desktop market does Apple have? What percent of the car market does Mazda have? Is either of those companies in trouble? PGX is around for 15 years, in the same field, with less percent of the market. Does Lone Star have 7% of the comic market? Does Dark Horse have 7% marketshare? Any of those companies closing anytime soon?

The word chucklehead comes to mind. 

14 minutes ago, shadroch said:

What an absolutely asinine thing to say. In the first place, we are looking at a small portion of the overall market. 

In the second place, when does market share have to do with business viability. What percent of the desktop market does Apple have? What percent of the car market does Mazda have? Is either of those companies in trouble? PGX is around for 15 years, in the same field, with less percent of the market. Does Lone Star have 7% of the comic market? Does Dark Horse have 7% marketshare? Any of those companies closing anytime soon?

The word chucklehead comes to mind. 

Apples and oranges.  

7% is pathetic given the upfront capital and inevitable large and reoccurring business expenses that no doubt went into even getting the thing started.  

Hence why PGX is still able to stay afloat with as little as 2% market share and Voldy went bankrupt and liquidated with 7% (again, not good).

Oh and I only need two more of you to respond to complete my "most insufferable, condescending know- it-all boardie" bingo card now (with continuing apoogies to Mr.McKnowitall).  :banana:

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

Large and reoccurring expenses? You mean like buying planes and hiring thousands of employees? Kind of like what Jet Blue had to do yet here we are many years later and the company is flourishing with just a 5% market share. 

4 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

Apples and oranges.  

7% is pathetic given the upfront capital and inevitable large and reoccurring business expenses that no doubt went into even getting the thing started.  

Hence why PGX is still able to stay afloat with as little as 2% market share and Voldy went bankrupt and liquidated with 7% (again, not good).

Oh and I only need two more of you to respond to complete my "insufferable, condescending know- it-all" bingo card now (with continuing apoogies to Mr.McKnowitall).  :banana:

-J.

As you keep saying this, without the slightest proof, I can't help but conclude you have a very strange relationship with the truth. 

3 minutes ago, shadroch said:

As you keep saying this, without the slightest proof, I can't help but conclude you have a very strange relationship with the truth. 

As I've already said, that is the most reasonable conclusion to be reached based on the overwhelming evidence that is currently available publicly.  

But sure, if you feel comfortable buying and owning the slabs of a company that struggled the entire time of its existence until it finally had to participate in an "asset sale" once it became "insolvent", more power to you.  Me, I like companies that don't do those things.  (thumbsu

-J.

6 minutes ago, shadroch said:

How do you not already know this? Have you managed to avoid all of his posts for the past 4.5 years?

Also, why are people jumping to conclusions based on eBay offerings? The grading companies don't care how much of their product is on eBay, they care how many comics are being sent to their offices. That's the real market share.

2 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

How do you not already know this? Have you managed to avoid all of his posts for the past 4.5 years?

Also, why are people jumping to conclusions based on eBay offerings? The grading companies don't care how much of their product is on eBay, they care how many comics are being sent to their offices. That's the real market share.

Honestly, I don't know if I ever paid attention to this guy before. I mistook him for a rationale person for a bit. My bad.

4 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

Yesss..  Now I can check off the RMA/Lazyboy/Darkstar/etc. slot on my bingo card.  

Just one more to go.  ;)

-J.

1 minute ago, Jaydogrules said:

Smart man.  :)

-J.

I was just using that as an example. I don't have anything invested so I have no other reason to say you're wrong except that your speculation is incorrect.