• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ross Andru's Amazing Spider-Man Club
9 9

2,748 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, MattTheDuck said:

Although Frank plays similar character, it's almost certainly "The Detective," which is set in New York City and environs.  "Lady in Cement" is set primarily in Miami.

We have a winner! The Detective had a few scenes shot in Far Rockaway and the one I posted was one if those.

On 7/17/2021 at 2:32 PM, Spider-Variant said:

And of course, by Ross Andru thread tradition, the other half of @Get Marwood & I 's half-eaten Twinkie.  

I've eaten it :eek:

On 7/20/2021 at 5:33 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

I've eaten it :eek:

(I know, but I have to tell them that's it's still in play, so posters will guess at these award winning trivia questions.)

Edited by Spider-Variant

On 7/20/2021 at 1:40 PM, Spider-Variant said:

(I know, but I have to tell them that's it's still in play, so poster will guess at these award winning trivia questions.)

tenor.gif.845285c8260988156ebea209cdecc480.gif

We have drifted so far out to sea, hopefully this will head us back to shore.

Page 31 of Amazing Spider-Man 134.

Finished original art by Ross Andru, Frank Giacoia, and Dave Hunt on the left.

Xerox of Dave Hunt's background inks over Ross's pencils on the right.

The notes below the bottom panel reads "Leg and Arm Temp Paralyzed.  Spidey Summons Up His Last.."  and "Spidey's Spent".

The sequence of production must have been Penciler, Letterer, Background Inker, Inker.  

I really think Dave Hunt and Frank Giacoia inking Ross was the best combination.

image.thumb.png.262bb7794fe88a841567ee07a364dfbc.png

On 7/21/2021 at 12:51 PM, Spider-Variant said:

The notes below the bottom panel reads "Leg and Arm Temp Paralyzed.  Spidey Summons Up His Last.."  and "Spidey's Spent".

The sequence of production must have been Penciler, Letterer, Background Inker, Inker.  

I really think Dave Hunt and Frank Giacoia inking Ross was the best combination.

The Tarantula ‼️‼️‼️👍 movie coming soon lol 

On 7/21/2021 at 5:51 PM, Spider-Variant said:

I always thought that "FAK!" was an odd choice of sound affect for the Tarantulas kick. I mean, what the FAK were they thinking there?

On 7/21/2021 at 1:54 PM, FoggyNelson said:

The Tarantula ‼️‼️‼️👍 movie coming soon lol 

I actually really liked the Tarantula but he's a villian that should have lasted about two panels worth of Spider-man's beat down.

On 7/21/2021 at 5:21 PM, Spider-Variant said:

Hey @Get Marwood & I, today Mark's the third anniversary of the creation of this thread.  We've been bantering back and forth for 3 years.  

Then it's worth it to post lol

Cheers :tink:

I was at a movie or I'd have posted earlier  :)

On 7/21/2021 at 11:21 PM, Spider-Variant said:

Hey @Get Marwood & I, today Mark's the third anniversary of the creation of this thread.  We've been bantering back and forth for 3 years.  

Cor, has it been that long? Three years of Ross Ramblings. I'm on the road today, observing an anniversary of my own, otherwise I'd have made more of it. Just stopped for coffee. We didn't do too badly, between us, did we? 

On 7/22/2021 at 12:11 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

Cor, has it been that long? Three years of Ross Ramblings. I'm on the road today, observing an anniversary of my own, otherwise I'd have made more of it. Just stopped for coffee. We didn't do too badly, between us, did we? 

No sir, I'd say we and the rest of the regular posters did alright in highlighting the work of our favorite Spider-Man artist whilst having a few laughs along the way.  

:banana: