• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Adventures in the Dollar Box
9 9

1,637 posts in this topic

On 7/3/2022 at 9:34 AM, ThatNerdyCanuck said:

AMAZING Weird series or read.

One of the best series I have ever read. Was absolutely blown away by the story and the humor, and POYO is the GOAT. 

It delve into the Poyo or chicken story too much, but it was fun for the one story I've read. "This here ear piece is loaded with GPS and vital statistics, you kill us, they'll swarm you before we hit the ground!" Paraphrasing but lol was fun :x 

On 7/3/2022 at 9:19 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

It delve into the Poyo or chicken story too much, but it was fun for the one story I've read. "This here ear piece is loaded with GPS and vital statistics, you kill us, they'll swarm you before we hit the ground!" Paraphrasing but lol was fun :x 

If you read the whole series (60 issues) Poyo doesn't play an overwhelming role. He has just enough appearances and cameos that it fits wonderfully in the bizarre world they've created!

On 7/11/2022 at 5:38 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Was walking by a local game shop and noticed these roasting in the sun.  See anything worth a dollar?:insane:

6E6A5C26-79B0-4A5D-975E-A9C1DB0B5E25.thumb.jpeg.ac106e8fa74b511541d130a52da42225.jpeg

They're all dollar reprints, so not really. :cheers:

On 7/11/2022 at 6:12 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Best to let them soak up the sun for the rest of the summer.  Then I’ll scoop up all the sun-fade variants :cloud9:

They might be good reads, like the invincible was the 1st "full" appearance,.

On 7/11/2022 at 5:38 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

Was walking by a local game shop and noticed these roasting in the sun.  See anything worth a dollar?:insane:

6E6A5C26-79B0-4A5D-975E-A9C1DB0B5E25.thumb.jpeg.ac106e8fa74b511541d130a52da42225.jpeg

I'm trying to put together a run of the 6 different printings (so far) of the Image Firsts Spawn #1. I'm speccing that the print runs are a fraction of what the regular series is selling based on Comichron preorders of the first few. The red band on the side indicates 6th printing. Still it'll take time & distance for those to become $15 books. But Spawn collectors love weird chit like that 

On 7/21/2022 at 5:25 PM, Beastfeast said:

Right time, right place on these.  Walked into this sorta comic shop, sorta junk shop just as the owner was buying a collection.  He didn't even look at what was in the boxes - just pointed at them and said, "You can check these out.  let me know if you find anything cool."  These are what I pulled out.  Half were $1 and half were $.50.  When he was looking at the books and pricing them, he apologized for having to charge me $5 on a black bagged Superman 75 - which was the most expensive book.  Small towns are crazy, man.  

PCdNjkR.jpg

zGM6vVk.jpg

j6h49vB.jpg

great haul :golfclap:

On 7/21/2022 at 8:25 PM, Beastfeast said:

Right time, right place on these.  Walked into this sorta comic shop, sorta junk shop just as the owner was buying a collection.  He didn't even look at what was in the boxes - just pointed at them and said, "You can check these out.  let me know if you find anything cool."  These are what I pulled out.  Half were $1 and half were $.50.  When he was looking at the books and pricing them, he apologized for having to charge me $5 on a black bagged Superman 75 - which was the most expensive book.  Small towns are crazy, man.  

PCdNjkR.jpg

zGM6vVk.jpg

j6h49vB.jpg

I hate you

On 7/21/2022 at 7:25 PM, Beastfeast said:

PCdNjkR.jpg

zGM6vVk.jpg

j6h49vB.jpg

Where do you live again? I am planning my next vacation.

On 7/21/2022 at 7:25 PM, Beastfeast said:

PCdNjkR.jpg

zGM6vVk.jpg

j6h49vB.jpg

Apparently I should be on the East Coast of Florida instead of the West Coast next year. I was in Destin this past week. 

On 7/21/2022 at 9:31 PM, fastballspecial said:

Apparently I should be on the East Coast of Florida instead of the West Coast next year. I was in Destin this past week. 

I used to have great luck in Panama City and some small places around there but Hurricane Michael literally destroyed the flea market and the shops that are still open are a shells of their former selves.  

Jacksonville is one of those great comic buying cities in that it's relatively large, has multiple Navy bases, a revolving door of tech workers.  There aren't a ton of people digging so competition isn't as gnarly as bigger metros.  The dealers that are present either are only after vintage stock or are old enough to think anything printed since the late 80s is worthless.  The biggest problem is that there are a LOT of comic shops (Coliseum has 4 locations alone) so landing collections is tough because they're being funneled to them.  

The last 6 months have been really nice but I've had times where I didn't find ANYTHING for months and months.  You guys who are prolific diggers know the drill.