• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Adventures in the Dollar Box
9 9

1,637 posts in this topic

On 3/13/2023 at 10:38 PM, WolverineX said:

Where do you live? Alaska?

Haha.  There's a gaming/electronics store near me that takes trade-ins, including comic books.  They obviously have no interest in the comics other than re-selling them (I've head them offer $20 for like two long boxes worth of comics to someone trading in before), they put them all out for $1 and always have a buy-one-get-one-free thing going on.  Every now and then there will be issues that are marked up - like $10 for Cable #1 or $15/$25 for some random comic just because it's old.

On 2/17/2023 at 5:06 PM, Qalyar said:

That's a pretty sharp Superman 123 GitD cover for a book that spent time in the dollar bin gulags (also probably the lowest FMV of the four, even it it's the coolest looking).

I was out of the hobby when Supes 123 came out, didn’t know it was a gimmick cover. Still has some glow left (haven’t checked any of those GitD books in decades).

On 5/4/2023 at 4:20 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

$2 a piece

IMG_20230504_160209613.jpg

IMG_20230503_110437561~2.jpg

I know that Howard the duck is a first print and a variant, lol

Spoiler

cause I was there when it came out, but there is little to know listings that I can see on eBay haha. It's only about 7.5 but for $2!

Ah snap. It is vol 4 I just remember the LCS having them when I bought gwenpool :(

Same with the Batman, only about 7.5, but it can press out if anyone was willing to about 8.5/9.0

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 5/4/2023 at 5:41 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I know that Howard the duck is a first print and a variant, lol

Reveal hidden contents

cause I was there when it came out, but there is little to know listings that I can see on eBay haha. It's only about 7.5 but for $2!

Ah snap. It is vol 4 I just remember the LCS having them when I bought gwenpool :(

Same with the Batman, only about 7.5, but it can press out if anyone was willing to about 8.5/9.0

Ah snap. It is vol 4 I just remember the LCS having them when I bought gwenpool