• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,092 posts in this topic

On 3/15/2022 at 9:11 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:
On 3/15/2022 at 8:59 PM, Aman619 said:

yah wow!  so whats my cut?  I'll be good with just a laurel and hearty handshake!  Or just a tip o the hat!  (assuming I was the first to point it out that is...)

Aman, you pointed it out first, but it took @lou_finemessaging my dumb self to act. To their credit, CC immediately made the change. So a tip of the hat to you guys both. And I cannot forget @woowoo

Yes, definite kudos to Aman for being the first one here to spot this scarcer "no dot" variant version for your Bat 1 and point it out to all of us. :applause:

Just a bit surprised that Vinnie and Fishler didn't spot this right off the bat, but glad to hear that they made the change right pronto when notified. (thumbsu

:idea:  Clark, second word of advice here..............hope you kept that little dot that you scraped off on the Bat 1 instead of tossing it.  After today's Action 1 "No.1" auction, you can double down by sending that dot back into CGC for slabbing now and I am sure that CC will be able to cut you another cheque for it by the time it's all said and done.  lol  :takeit:

Edited by lou_fine

On 3/16/2022 at 4:38 AM, zen514 said:

100-125k   

with that PQ ? Hopefully the Tec 37 8.5 will hit that, and it's listed far above the cvrless 27.

In terms of auction estimates (high to low), Heritage lists it under the FF #2 and #3 in 9.4 (dunno how much those go for)

But who knows, perhaps it might go against Heritage's own estimates.

Edited by Gotham Kid

On 3/15/2022 at 9:41 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

Wasn’t it over $100K a point though? 2.5 so $250K would be 2.5 points worth. Went for $270K, so that’s $20K over $100K per point.

Yes you’re right. I think at the time of the above posting it was sitting lower, before the last minute run up 

On 3/15/2022 at 11:15 PM, Aman619 said:

Cap 1 suffers from a similar ailment... the 7.0 has been sitting on 170K for a long time.  But should get a few more bids Id think.

Yes, I expect spirited bidding at the end.  The unknown factor to me is how the marketplace reacts to the small bit of glue on the cover.  Will they care?  Will it effect bidding?

This would be a $240k book prior to the pandemic crazytown prices.  During these crazytown pandemic prices, I would have thought $300k - $350k.

Time will tell . . .

I'm sure this has been discussed before, so apologies, but what is the deal with the 15% buyer's premium on some books and not others? 

I can't see any rhyme or reason to it. Is it indeed the case that some books have it and not others, or do all books have a BP but only some of the descriptions mention it?

Here's one random example of what I'm seeing... yellow highlight added for emphasis.

508074228_ScreenShot2022-03-16at9_01_24AM.png.500d3780861f8da2a3d6c0f380dc93e9.png

On 3/16/2022 at 9:09 AM, Point Five said:

The terms and conditions state some books have it and not others, so I guess that's the answer. Really confusing IMO.

pretty sure it's the decision of the owners of the books. https://bleedingcool.com/comics/comicconnect-announces-auction-premium-option-change-for-sellers/

On 3/16/2022 at 2:11 AM, Gotham Kid said:

with that PQ ? Hopefully the Tec 37 8.5 will hit that, and it's listed far above the cvrless 27.

In terms of auction estimates (high to low), Heritage lists it under the FF #2 and #3 in 9.4 (dunno how much those go for)

But who knows, perhaps it might go against Heritage's own estimates.

Where do you put the cut off for "good " PQ on a book of this magnitude? 150k would not suprise me.  I don't think I'm telling tales out of school that there were offers when this book was on eBay of 115-120k and things have only gotten crazier.  Personally, I have no problem with the PQ but then again I wouldn't with brittle either on this bad boy

Edited by Chicago Boy

On 3/16/2022 at 12:30 PM, Professor K said:

Can't wait to see which sells for more- The Detective 33 4.0 or the 35 4.0 . The 35 has a slight lead at 29k(33 with bp) with the 33 closing in at 24k (27.6 with bp). Some tape inside the cover may hurt the 33 but I still like it better.

33 should win

Edited by Gotham Kid

On 3/16/2022 at 8:30 AM, Professor K said:

Can't wait to see which sells for more- The Detective 33 4.0 or the 35 4.0 . The 35 has a slight lead at 29k(33 with bp) with the 33 closing in at 24k (27.6 with bp). Some tape inside the cover may hurt the 33 but I still like it better.

On 3/16/2022 at 10:52 AM, Gotham Kid said:

33 should win

As they reach the home stretch they're neck to neck at 39k w/bp.