• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,092 posts in this topic

On 3/15/2022 at 7:39 PM, szav said:

Here it is, found it.  If the number 1 alone goes for 7k....what does the Superman with Car go for?....Guessing we'll see that up for auction next?

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/superman-homemade-golden-age-stories-bound-volumes-dc-1938-40-condition-average-vg-total-5-items-/a/7073-91227.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

This buyer liquidated part of the collection.  Last I heard he still had the SUpes/Car and wasn't;t parting with it

On 3/15/2022 at 8:49 PM, Chicago Boy said:

This is amazing !  This has got to be a new record already for a 2.5.  You are so close to  100k a point. 

I’m shocked too. I guess it helped that the new Batman movie just came out 

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

On 3/15/2022 at 6:49 PM, Chicago Boy said:

This is amazing !  This has got to be a new record already for a 2.5.  You are so close to  100k a point. 

Wasn’t it over $100K a point though? 2.5 so $250K would be 2.5 points worth. Went for $270K, so that’s $20K over $100K per point.

On 3/15/2022 at 7:22 PM, Chicago Boy said:
On 3/15/2022 at 7:21 PM, Surfing Alien said:

Congrats! Killer ending. I'm sure finally acknowledging the "no dot" helped :whistle:

I saw they added that.  The Boards strike again !

Yes, big congrats to Clark and his daughter and certainly well deserved as he's clearly one of the super nice guys on these boards here. :applause:

Glad to see that CC was able to add that "no dot" notation in on such short notice as it's always best to have potential bidders who are fully informed since this is always the ideal situation to have for all interested parties involved.  (thumbsu

On 3/15/2022 at 10:56 PM, lou_fine said:

Yes, big congrats to Clark and his daughter and certainly well deserved as he's clearly one of the super nice guys on these boards here. :applause:

Glad to see that CC was able to add that "no dot" notation in on such short notice as it's always best to have potential bidders who are fully informed since this is always the ideal situation to have for all interested parties involved.  (thumbsu

yah wow!  so whats my cut?  I'll be good with just a laurel and hearty handshake!  Or just a tip o the hat!  (assuming I was the first to point it out that is...)

On 3/15/2022 at 10:59 PM, Aman619 said:

yah wow!  so whats my cut?  I'll be good with just a laurel and hearty handshake!  Or just a tip o the hat!  (assuming I was the first to point it out that is...)

Aman, you pointed it out first, but it took @lou_finemessaging my dumb self to act. To their credit, CC immediately made the change. So a tip of the hat to you guys both. And I cannot forget @woowoo

image.gif

you got a great price!  period or no period!  Funny how a book waxes and wanes in the hobby... Bat 1 used to be like a "common" minor big key.  But its gotten a lot more excitement these past years!  Cap 1 suffers from a similar ailment... the 7.0 has been sitting on 170K for a long time.  But should get a few more bids Id think.

On 3/15/2022 at 10:02 PM, Chicago Boy said:

Zen, what's the coverless complete Tec 27 gonna fetch at Heritage??

100-125k   

potential of 150k if not on this one  the next Complete coverless will hit this mark