• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,092 posts in this topic

On 3/18/2022 at 11:33 PM, rjpb said:

I want to thank CC bidders for shooting their wad before the auction got near the end of the alphabet

942708042_ScreenShot2022-03-18at8_30_24PM.thumb.png.9845c59152049456fa8a1e5678b927b1.png

Wow, that's awesome! I had a feeling some cool stuff would fall through the cracks. (Particularly when half the books are in extended bidding at the same time... it's completely chaotic.)

On 3/18/2022 at 11:09 AM, mwotka said:

Results wise, I agree there were certainly some strong numbers, esp for early Timelys and key books. 

Watched some of the results at the start of today's auction and I would definitely have to agree with you in terms of some of the Subby books. (thumbsu

Not sure if the current war in Ukraine might have raised the profile a bit, but this Subby 3 with the Churchill war cover sold for a very strong price: :applause: :luhv:

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/939867

sub1.815.jpg

Sold for just over $7K or almost 4.5X condition guide and more than 4X what equivalent graded were selling for a few years ago and also well more than double what they had sold for back in 2020.  :Rocket:

On 3/19/2022 at 1:30 AM, lou_fine said:

Watched some of the results at the start of today's auction and I would definitely have to agree with you in terms of some of the Subby books. (thumbsu

Not sure if the current war in Ukraine might have raised the profile a bit, but this Subby 3 with the Churchill war cover sold for a very strong price: :applause: :luhv:

sub1.815.jpg

Sold for just over $7K or almost 4.5X condition guide and more than 4X what equivalent graded were selling for a few years ago and also well more than double what they had sold for back in 2020.  :Rocket:

I think the high price was driven by the "Norm's" stamp.

On 3/19/2022 at 12:30 AM, lou_fine said:

sub1.815.jpg

I doubt the current “conflict” had much to do with it. Just the current never ending price increases occurring in the hobby.

Long out of my wheelhouse but I believe it to be a pretty scarce issue in high demand. Timely experts, feel free to weigh in.

I am holding on to my mostly low grade Timelys for dear life. I will never be able to replace them if I were to sell. 

On 3/19/2022 at 1:05 PM, Robot Man said:

I doubt the current “conflict” had much to do with it. Just the current never ending price increases occurring in the hobby.

Long out of my wheelhouse but I believe it to be a pretty scarce issue in high demand. Timely experts, feel free to weigh in.

I am holding on to my mostly low grade Timelys for dear life. I will never be able to replace them if I were to sell. 

I agree. Timely’s are so scarce amd doest take alot of demande to boost prices. Regret selling my 1.0  bkue Subbie 9 for 1k in march 2020. Covid scared me lol Paper Hands

On 4/7/2022 at 7:18 PM, podboy66 said:

Mail call from the last CC auction.  Picked up the Flash and the Heroic from the Metro website in the process.  The Heroic is the Rockford copy.

FF64E01B-8AFD-4AE9-ADE2-3BE1EC653648.jpeg

Vern, dominating as usual (worship)

On 4/7/2022 at 9:18 PM, podboy66 said:

Mail call from the last CC auction.  Picked up the Flash and the Heroic from the Metro website in the process.  The Heroic is the Rockford copy.

FF64E01B-8AFD-4AE9-ADE2-3BE1EC653648.jpeg

I remember searching high and low for a Flash 56. We all were. And you’ve got it in 9.4!

On 4/25/2022 at 4:24 AM, Dark Knight said:

The Supes 1 had a $1 million price tag when it was displayed at WonderCon. Let's see if it meets the price in auction. 

Haven't you heard Brian ? 1Mil sales are now the norm. Heck, even the Strawberry Shortcake 1 9.8, posted in Gold the other day, is heading to that mark at galloping speeds. We'll ALL soon be screwed out of buying comics. :sorry:

Edited by Gotham Kid