• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,092 posts in this topic

On 2/23/2022 at 10:57 AM, jimbo_7071 said:

Nothing would surprise me in this market.

We're seeing rag copies of books selling for more than what high-grade copies were selling for just a few years ago.

I'm tempted to sell some books because I think there will be a correction at some point, but the only books that I have that are worth anything would be too difficult to replace. I'd also have to use a fair percentage of the proceeds to cover the taxes on the profits.

I get the replacement issue for sure. I say sell though. No better time than the present with this market.

Stock market off 15% will keep some potential buyers out of the running, but perhaps bring in new money people looking to put their money into collectibles.  Duh, right?  I'm really curious if the current auctions are going to keep the same high numbers we saw before our current market woes

On 2/23/2022 at 11:54 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Stock market off 15% will keep some potential buyers out of the running, but perhaps bring in new money people looking to put their money into collectibles.  Duh, right?  I'm really curious if the current auctions are going to keep the same high numbers we saw before our current market woes

Well, at times like these with the bear mauling its way through the equity stock markets, although we often hear the phrase that comic books are not real investments in the true sense of the word, all I can say is that most comic book collectors are probably pretty happy right about now that they are a bit diversified and do indeed have a portion of their retirement portfolio invested into the comic books.  (thumbsu

That is, unless they've got it all invested in the likes of recent hot to trot books like Eternals, MSH 13, SME 15, Spidey 361, etc. and other movie related hyped books brought at the top of market which have all taken a huge drop, similar in vein to some of the profitless former high flying tech stocks on the Nasdaq which have already cratered by some 60% to 80% from their recent all-time highs.  :tonofbricks:

On 2/19/2022 at 11:12 AM, RareHighGrade said:

The fact that they don't calculate the total cost including premium during bidding is a big turnoff for me.  When I'm bidding, I don't want to have to consult my calculator each time there's a new bid.  If Heritage can provide that minor service, CC should be able to as well.  The only rationale I can come up with for not doing this is one that reflects negatively on the auction house. 

I can see how this would be an irritant. I can calculate a 15% premium in my head in about a second, so it doesn't bother me, but I realize that most people aren't like that, and Heritage doing the math for them is a big plus. What I found more of a concern with comiconnect was the inconsistency, with some lots having a premium and some not. At least the 15% premium notice shows up with the thumbnails, but having to doublecheck to see if it is there or not before throwing down a bid is annoying.

On 1/30/2022 at 7:18 AM, comicjack said:

Two copies coming in the next month i'm sure this one will hit some new highs :luhv:

360317933_greatstuff2.thumb.jpg.f7e1b03111daf891a493352d09e872aa.jpg

This copy came out of the census and out of the auction let the pressing and funny stuff begin :cry:

On 3/12/2022 at 2:37 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

I know a boardie owns this, can’t remember who. I honestly had no idea what this might go for. I kinda want to be impressed it’s already over $3K with several days left, but I probably shouldn’t be lol.

2232E44D-D195-4E0F-BCCE-E9F19C0D2AB3.jpeg

Ugh! Gag me with a spoon.

:sick:

On 3/12/2022 at 2:51 PM, Gotham Kid said:

that's the before

this will be the after when the Meyers win it

s-l1600.jpg

You're on the right track, but need to think bigger. You can squeeze two or three Extensive 9.6s out of that piece!

On 3/15/2022 at 8:39 PM, szav said:

Here it is, found it.  If the number 1 alone goes for 7k....what does the Superman with Car go for?....Guessing we'll see that up for auction next?

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/superman-homemade-golden-age-stories-bound-volumes-dc-1938-40-condition-average-vg-total-5-items-/a/7073-91227.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

Sky’s the limit!!!

Thinking 50k-80k