• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,092 posts in this topic

On 3/14/2023 at 8:35 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:
On 3/14/2023 at 8:06 PM, woowoo said:

The rusted staples killed it but not a bad price. 

Agreed

Me three as the rust on the staples was far too obvious and way too visible. :frown:

It's so much more than just that big number on the top left hand corner of the slab sometimes. (thumbsu

Edited by lou_fine

wow ! 126k for the copy of Action 1 (wasnt even aware there was an additional 15% BP)

wonder if they also used those small fragments or the dot ComicConnect auctioned off some time ago

gives a whole new meaning to frankenbook

Edited by Gotham Kid

Although some might see this sale as a bit of a disappointment considering that Vinnie himself styated that a CGC 6.5 graded copy had sold for some $35K back in November in a private transaction, still seems surprsing to me at least that a 8.5 graded by the bous across the street which we can't post here would still be able to fetch $24,999:  :whatthe:  (thumbsu

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/986960

el-sorpredente-hombre-arana-128.png

Especially since I believe the high prices that some of these foreign copies are now bringing in will result in more copies coming into the marketplace going forward which might see prices trending downwards if this actually does take place.  hm  (shrug)

Edited by lou_fine

On 3/15/2023 at 2:24 AM, Gotham Kid said:

wow ! 126k for the copy of Action 1 (wasnt even aware there was an additional 15% BP)

wonder if they also used those small fragments or the dot ComicConnect auctioned off some time ago

gives a whole new meaning to frankenbook

:flipbait:

Well, another day and another round of auctions here, with the big boy himself stepping up to the plate for his turn at bat later this evening:  (thumbsu

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/988064

cap1.2368.jpg

Seems like this copy here has been stuck at its current hammer bid of $211,069 (i.e. or almost $243K with the 15% BP juice in there) and will be interesting to see if it can pull in some additional bids to move even further ahead of the CL $201K copy and to see if it can hopefully make it to the $300K milestone threshold.:popcorn: :taptaptap:  :taptaptap:

In what Vinnie is now promoting on the CC website as a Clash of the Pre-Code Horror Titans, it looks like this one here in all its glorious blood dripping and stunning colors has finally moved ahead of Venus 19 since it's the first one to come up to bat later today while Venus gets to rest on deck for a couple more days:  :cloud9:

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/982253

cri1.708.jpg

Already sitting at what I thought was a rather stunning $58K, but I guess not really since Vinnie points out that a CGC 8.5 graded copy had sold for $52,800 back in Novemeber of 2022 which was then followed up by a CGC 9.0 graded copy being auctioned off for $72K a couple months later in January of 2023.  :whatthe:

On 3/15/2023 at 10:57 AM, lou_fine said:

Well, another day and another round of auctions here, with the big boy himself stepping up to the plate for his turn at bat later this evening:  (thumbsu

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/988064

cap1.2368.jpg

Seems like this copy here has been stuck at its current hammer bid of $211,069 (i.e. or almost $243K with the 15% BP juice in there) and will be interesting to see if it can pull in some additional bids to move even further ahead of the CL $201K copy and to see if it can hopefully make it to the $300K milestone threshold.:popcorn: :taptaptap:  :taptaptap:

4 years ago, just before the pandemic, CC had a 7.0 hammer at $243k, and this one is almost there

Caught in a constant stream of 3 minute extensions, the wanker outbid me by $2k. I blinked first.

This was back when I had money 

ACDC5C2C-A347-4ACB-AFCB-A3447743F6F6.jpeg

B8251C30-4EB5-4972-8193-D7758EE8A3C1.png

Edited by GreatCaesarsGhost

On 3/15/2023 at 9:12 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

4 years ago, just before the pandemic, CC had a 7.0 hammer at $270k, and this one is almost there

Not sure if this is the one you are referring to or not, but if it is, it looks like it finished up at $243K which is certainly right up there for 7.0 copy then:  (thumbsu

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/706816

cap1.1760a.jpg

Ineresting to note that prices for the CGC 7.0 graded copies seem to take a bit of a short term hit during the pandemic with Heritage only being able to fetch $186K for a copy in May of 2020 before making more than a full recovery with a rather fugly 7.0 copy selling for $312K in May of 2022 after CC had successfully auctioned off their 7.0 copy for almost $340K a couple of months earlier in March of 2022.  :applause:

Edited by lou_fine

On 3/15/2023 at 7:08 AM, comicjack said:

:flipbait:

I don't think the No. 1 fragment was part of the original cover pieces but Id gather it was from the same owner.  He sold the no. 1 to a board but at that point kept the super, car, guy on his knees, and tire

Oh wow.....................looks like another chance here to see how one of the Promise Collection retreads do in their second go round here:  :popcorn:

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/982247

blo2.126.jpg

Gotta admit that I absolutely love the seemingly "fresh off the printing press" stunning colors of this classic "damsel to the rescue of a man in distress" cover.  (:  lol

But somehow I still highly doubt if it will be able to do any better than the All-American 91 or the other Promise Collection books which came back for a second try on Heritage as the overwhelming majority of them all ended up taking quite a big hit as compared to what they managed to fetched on their initial first go round.  :tonofbricks: :(

Edited by lou_fine

On 3/15/2023 at 11:11 AM, lou_fine said:

Oh wow.....................looks like another chance here to see how one of the Promise Collection retreads do in their second go round here:  :popcorn:

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/982247

blo2.126.jpg

Gotta admit that I absolutely love the seemingly "fresh off the printing press" stunning colors of this classic "damsel to the rescue of a man in distress" cover.  (:  lol

But somehow I still highly doubt if it will be able to do any better than the All-American 91 or the other Promise Collection books which came back for a second try on Heritage as the overwhelming majority of them all ended up taking quite a big hit as compared to what they managed to fetched on their initial first go round.  :tonofbricks: :(

Based on the image, this book looks spectacular.  I have only seen one Promise book in person and I have to say it was amazing.  Now the boardee that owned it isn’t a # chaser so he bought a book that had great eye appeal in addition to having a big number.

On 3/15/2023 at 10:27 AM, batman_fan said:

Based on the image, this book looks spectacular.  I have only seen one Promise book in person and I have to say it was amazing.  Now the boardee that owned it isn’t a # chaser so he bought a book that had great eye appeal in addition to having a big number.

Like I've always said, it's all really a case of to each their own............but being a long time collector well before the age of certification, what I see when I look at the Promise Coolection books, what I see are their stunning and seemingly "fresh off the printing press" colors and it's really much more to do with visual eye appeal, as opposed to that big and some times controversial and possibly over inflated number on the top left hand corner of the slab.  :luhv:

On 3/15/2023 at 11:58 AM, Professor K said:

Seems to be about the scarcest pre 1938 series to find. Comics Mag 1-6 and Funny Pages 7-11. I'm sure you've seen the Berk 9.0 , 38K in 2017. 

Well, if it's the Berk 9.0 grsaded copy, then I imagine you must be referring to this copy right here:  (thumbsu  :cloud9:

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/714729

com13.30a.jpg

Single highest graded by a wide margin at CGC 9.0 with the next two highest graded at CGC 7.5 and CGC 6.5 before the remaining 7 Universal copies takes a much further drop down to CGC 3.5 and below.  So, definitely not easy to find in any condition, let alone in high grade.  hm