• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,092 posts in this topic

Have always love this almost 3-D like Simon & Kirby classic cover since I have a penchant for the color Green when it comes to cover colors:  :luhv:

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/989707

adv1.9846.jpg

Will be interesting to see where this nicely presenting copy here finishes up at since it seems to have fallen out of favor over the years, as evident by its current hammer bid of only $1,650 with only another hour and half before the 3-minute bell rings. :popcorn:  :taptaptap:

On 3/13/2023 at 7:38 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

I remember that one.   :acclaim:Same exact grade, too, so we will know a little sumthin sumthin about the current market in a minute here

856E8067-B381-43B3-9FA4-CD1F17747A41.jpeg

Since it's still sitting at only $122K for now with another 4 hours to go until the fat lady stands up to ring the 3-minute bell and get ready to sing, all I can say is that's still a whole lot of ground to try to make up here. :popcorn:  :taptaptap:   :taptaptap:

Depending upon where it closes at, it's quite possible that looking back a few years from now, collectors might be saying that this was actually a good buying opportunity to pick up a Bat 1 and one that they had regretfully missed out on.  hm  (shrug)

Edited by lou_fine

On 3/14/2023 at 4:52 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

Slightly coverless action 1 is at $62K with 2 hours left. Starting to think you might be right @Gotham Kid and not a 6 fig book. Maybe the conservation is hurting it more than I thought it would.

This is my favorite book in th auction .  How can this NOT go for 6 figures???  The pieces on the front alone are worth 50-100k imo

It will also be interesting to see where this Promise Collection retread finishes up at since the overwhelming majority of them have not done too well on their second go round with Heritage:  :popcorn:

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/986584

all4.1029_2.jpg

Unless there's a lot more action with this one here in the next hour, it looks like it might also end up suffering the same fate as the other Promise books that have gone back to Heritage for a second shot.  :taptaptap:  :taptaptap:

On 3/14/2023 at 4:33 PM, LDarkseid1 said:
On 3/14/2023 at 3:53 PM, Gotham Kid said:

then bid it up to 6 figs and take it home

I'd bid it up if I had the money.

You actully DON'T need money, as I always received emails from them saying they are willing to take consignments in advance for your bids. :bigsmile:

Edited by lou_fine

On 3/14/2023 at 3:43 PM, Chicago Boy said:

This is my favorite book in th auction .  How can this NOT go for 6 figures???  The pieces on the front alone are worth 50-100k imo

Yeah I mean I honestly figured all the unrestored independent front cover pieces would be worth at least $40K-$50K or more.

Edited by LDarkseid1

On 3/14/2023 at 6:32 PM, lou_fine said:

Have always love this almost 3-D like Simon & Kirby classic cover since I have a penchant for the color Green when it comes to cover colors:  :luhv:

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/989707

adv1.9846.jpg

Will be interesting to see where this nicely presenting copy here finishes up at since it seems to have fallen out of favor over the years, as evident by its current hammer bid of only $1,650 with only another hour and half before the 3-minute bell rings. :popcorn:  :taptaptap:

This book definitely deserves more love then it gets.