• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,092 posts in this topic

On 3/15/2023 at 3:51 PM, lou_fine said:

Wow, when I see not only a price point of $1,300 on this book here, but the fact that it has actually sold at higher amounts in the recent past even with seemingly a gazillion copies out there, it makes me think that I should really have my copy squashed, graded, and slabbed for sale here:  :banana:  :whee:

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/990659

fan10.19.jpg

Sadly, the only problem being that I have absolutely zero idea of where my copy would be residing at all in my collection.  :frustrated:  doh!  :censored:

Is there really a gazillion copies of this out there? The publishing company that printed this issue went out of business shortly after it came out. Couldn’t have been a big print run right? There’s around 500 copies on the CGC census, which doesn’t seem like a lot for a book from the late 70’s. Granted there are a readily available amount of issues to buy online, but that could be more due to lack of market interest than how many are actually available. I mean it sells for a solid price, but doesn’t seem like the most popular book to own. I’ve certainly never heard someone say, “Damn I got to get that Fantasy Quarterly 1 into my collection!” Haha.

On 3/15/2023 at 1:34 PM, lou_fine said:

Well, I've never been charged sales tax on anything at all from CC, CL, or HA.  :applause:

But then, I imagine that's simply because I don't live in the good old U.S. of A. and instead sometimes have to pay that egregious Customs duties when the books cross the border. :frustrated:  :censored:

Yes, Tax in California. I won the Marvel Mystery 2 when I had a few too many. I told my girlfriend that this book will go for around 15k. I than Bid 10k to show her and the 3 min timer went to zero :whatthe: and bang I won at 9,389 than the bill was 10,234.01 that's 845.01 tax :makepoint: I am glad now even Tho I don't collect Timley's. I bought this 5-2-2020 for little over 10k with Tax 1st link. 2nd link went for 12,330.30 

ComicConnect - MARVEL MYSTERY #2 - CGC VG+: 4.5

ComicConnect - MARVEL MYSTERY #2 - CGC FA/GD: 1.5

I might make money on this one.:bigsmile:

On 3/15/2023 at 1:55 PM, lou_fine said:

And to our dear fellow boardie @Gotham Kid who seems to be caught in a connumdrum deciding between trying to corner the market on his fave "rare" variant version of Ultimate Fallout 4 and these 2 pre-Robin 'Tec books here:  (shrug)  lol

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/982260

det1.19793_1.jpg

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/982262

det1.19794.jpg

Looks like it's going to end up being a big toss up between these 3 in their ensuring battle :slapfight: :slapfight:  for top dog supremacy in Peter's heart with the Nova Scotia pedigree copy of 'Tec 30 sitting atop for now at $22K and the Crimson Avenger 'Tec 34 trailing far behind at only $14.5K, with the Ultimate Fallout 4 :p squashed right in the middle at a current hammer bid of $17.5K or already just a shade over $20K with the 15% BP juice in there.  meh  :popcorn:  :taptaptap:

I know that Peter would love Ultimate Fallout 4 or a nice 3.5 Fantasy 15 over this non-Batman cover Tec 30 and 34 :deadhorse:

On 3/15/2023 at 5:52 PM, woowoo said:

Yes, Tax in California. I won the Marvel Mystery 2 when I had a few too many. I told my girlfriend that this book will go for around 15k. I than Bid 10k to show her and the 3 min timer went to zero :whatthe: and bang I won at 9,389 than the bill was 10,234.01 that's 845.01 tax :makepoint: I am glad now even Tho I don't collect Timley's. I bought this 5-2-2020 for little over 10k with Tax 1st link. 2nd link went for 12,330.30 

ComicConnect - MARVEL MYSTERY #2 - CGC VG+: 4.5

ComicConnect - MARVEL MYSTERY #2 - CGC FA/GD: 1.5

I might make money on this one.:bigsmile:

@GreatCaesarsGhostI still have that 845.01 credit with CC prices are just all way too much for the books I want but they are going down.

On 3/15/2023 at 5:31 PM, Gotham Kid said:
On 3/15/2023 at 5:28 PM, Dark Knight said:

The Promise Tec #43 sold for $2,383.  Previously sold for $1,800.  A win for the consignor :banana:

Tec 43 cover :x

Aahhhhh.....................you guys must be referring to this CGC 4.0 VG graded copy here with the little numerical masking tape on the cover:  (thumbsu

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/991236

det1.20081.jpg

Probably really shouldn't be that much of a surprise since all of the overblown Heritage hype was focused much more on the books with the big big and sometimes possibly over inflated numbers on the top hand corner of the slab.  This may have resulted in much higher than normal prices being realized on these particular higher graded copies during their initial first go round.  hm

It would would seem to appear that with less attention and hence less of the crazy money paid on the lower graded Promise books, this might have made it easier to sell these particular lower graded copies for more on their second go round.  (shrug)

Edited by lou_fine

On 3/15/2023 at 7:55 PM, woowoo said:

I know that Peter would love Ultimate Fallout 4 or a nice 3.5 Fantasy 15 over this non-Batman cover Tec 30 and 34 :deadhorse:

Herage had an ultimate fall out 4non display in Chicago tonight 9.8 estimated auction price of 4ok WTF

On 3/15/2023 at 9:48 PM, Chicago Boy said:
On 3/15/2023 at 5:55 PM, woowoo said:

Herage had an ultimate fall out 4non display in Chicago tonight 9.8 estimated auction price of 4ok WTF

Why............were you shocked that they didn't have a slightly higher estimated auction price on it considering it's still trending upwards since they sold one for $40.8K back in June of 2022 and another one for $43.2K in January of this year?  :devil:  lol

Unless it was one of those defaced Signature copies since that 9.8 graded copy with the yellow label sold for only $$32.4K in the same auction as the $43.2 Universal sale.  Looks like that was a mighty expensive signature have scrawled on the front cover to the tune of some $11K:  :p  doh!

https://comics.ha.com/itm/modern-age-1980-present-/ultimate-fallout-4-variant-edition-signature-series-marvel-2011-cgc-nm-mt-98-white-pages/a/7338-92126.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

Modern Age (1980-Present):Superhero, Ultimate Fallout #4 Variant Edition - Signature Series (Marvel, 2011) CGC NM/MT 9.8 White pages....

On 3/15/2023 at 5:14 PM, Dark Knight said:

A little over $90k for the CSS #22 CGC 9.4 :whatthe:PCH books getting a lot of respect!

Definitely, but somehow wondering if they (i.e. CC and consignor) were hoping for it to hit 6-figures considering the 9.0 copy had sold for $72K.  hm

Then again, I guess we will have to wait to see what the CGC 9.2 graded copy goes for at Heritage at the end of this month. :popcorn:  :taptaptap:   :taptaptap:

On 3/15/2023 at 12:16 PM, lou_fine said:
On 3/15/2023 at 11:58 AM, Professor K said:

Seems to be about the scarcest pre 1938 series to find. Comics Mag 1-6 and Funny Pages 7-11. I'm sure you've seen the Berk 9.0 , 38K in 2017. 

Well, if it's the Berk 9.0 grsaded copy, then I imagine you must be referring to this copy right here:  (thumbsu  :cloud9:

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/714729

com13.30a.jpg

Seems I got sent to the CGC sin bin for awhile there until I bent over and acknowledged my wrongdoings when I mistakenly posted a small pic of a 1.8 slabbed copy of this book graded by those nasty nasty boys from across the street that had sold for a piddly miniscule $8K earlier today.  :devil:  lol

Definitely okay though to post a pic of this CGC 9.0 graded beauty of a copy that sold back in 2017 for the earth shattering amount of $38K . :bigsmile:

Edited by lou_fine

Another day, another round of CC auctions although from a GA POV, appears to be pretty much a yawner as compared to past 2 days. (shrug)

Looks like the Mad 1 and the Sensation 1 are their two biggies for the day, which can't really compared to Bat 1 and Cap 1.  zzz

Then again, there does appear to be a few little GA nuggets in there that are still on the low side for now while the fat lady is resting her voice. :bigsmile:

On 3/16/2023 at 9:48 AM, lou_fine said:

Another day, another round of CC auctions although from a GA POV, appears to be pretty much a yawner as compared to past 2 days. (shrug)

Looks like the Mad 1 and the Sensation 1 are their two biggies for the day, which can't really compared to Bat 1 and Cap 1.  zzz

Then again, there does appear to be a few little GA nuggets in there that are still on the low side for now while the fat lady is resting her voice. :bigsmile:

And Pep 22

On 3/16/2023 at 12:48 PM, lou_fine said:

Looks like the Mad 1 and the Sensation 1 are their two biggies for the day, which can't really compared to Bat 1 and Cap 1.  

Those books are interesting to people who have copies or hope to buy copies; I don't watch books like that because I don't swim in that end of the pool and don't ever plan to.

On 3/16/2023 at 10:57 AM, BLUECHIPCOLLECTIBLES said:

And Pep 22

I was actually looking at this one here last night and wondering if potential bidders might bid a bit higher with possible resto removal in mind:  hm

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/885416

pep1.1193.jpg

Especially since the slight restoration is apparently limited to only a small amount of glue on the cover and interior.  Then again, there's the Slightly Brittle pages, so who really knows.  (shrug)

On 3/16/2023 at 12:48 PM, lou_fine said:

Master 21 in decent shape with nice paper and no ugly dust shadow is a rare offering.  The Supe 14 in 8.0 just sold on HA and may be a reasonable barometer of the GA market.  I forget what else stood out to me in this day's auction.