• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,092 posts in this topic

On 3/15/2023 at 1:27 PM, WolverineX said:

Does comic connect charge sales tax on all states now or only some states?  

Well, I've never been charged sales tax on anything at all from CC, CL, or HA.  :applause:

But then, I imagine that's simply because I don't live in the good old U.S. of A. and instead sometimes have to pay that egregious Customs duties when the books cross the border. :frustrated:  :censored:

On 3/15/2023 at 4:34 PM, lou_fine said:

Well, I've never been charged sales tax on anything at all from CC, CL, or HA.  :applause:

But then, I imagine that's simply because I don't live in the good old U.S. of A. and instead sometimes have to pay that egregious Customs duties when the books cross the border. :frustrated:  :censored:

Interesting. I wonder if anyone from the USA can chime in.  I haven't bought from CC in years and wondering what they do now.  .

And to our dear fellow boardie @Gotham Kid who seems to be caught in a connumdrum deciding between trying to corner the market on his fave "rare" variant version of Ultimate Fallout 4 and these 2 pre-Robin 'Tec books here:  (shrug)  lol

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/982260

det1.19793_1.jpg

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/982262

det1.19794.jpg

Looks like it's going to end up being a big toss up between these 3 in their ensuring battle :slapfight: :slapfight:  for top dog supremacy in Peter's heart with the Nova Scotia pedigree copy of 'Tec 30 sitting atop for now at $22K and the Crimson Avenger 'Tec 34 trailing far behind at only $14.5K, with the Ultimate Fallout 4 :p squashed right in the middle at a current hammer bid of $17.5K or already just a shade over $20K with the 15% BP juice in there.  meh  :popcorn:  :taptaptap:

All kidding aside and seriously though, when it comes to the 'Tec books on this go round here, I guess I would really need to scour the bargain basement section when it comes to my potential shopping list: (: :(  

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/971895

det1.19488_1.jpg

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/984971

det1.19841.jpg

Unfortunately, I highly doubt they will be staying around this current $2K and below bidding level by the time the 3-minute bell rings.  Especially when you are looking at one of the top higher grade copy of a nicely presenting 'Tec 82 with both the Heritage and CC archives indicating the only higher grade to come to market being the single highest graded CGC 9.2 graded Alfred Pennyworth Rockford copy of 'Tec 82.  hm  :luhv:

As for that 'Tec 128, a nice Joker cover seemingly residing on the lower floors of Wayne Tower while the earlier Joker covers are on the higher floors with both 'Tec 62 and 'Tec 69 occupying the top floor penthouse suite. :bigsmile:

Rather a bit surprised that the Frazetta Famous Funnies haven't made much of a movement at all, with this one here still being the highest priced one for now even though I believe it was at this exact same $2,150 during the first few days of the auction here:  :whatthe:

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/989018

fam1.1447.jpg

Of course, not too sure about the current market prices on these books in this type of condition, although it looks like Heritage did auctioned off a CGC 3.5 graded copy for $3,600 just this past Sunday.  (shrug)

Looks like if you are into the early Fox books, your choice is rather limited in this current round of auctions here as you can shoot for either the rather nicely presenting CGC 5.0 graded copy of Mystery Men 6 due to close tomorrow on CC, the relatively lower CGC 3.0 graded copy of the classic cover Wonderworld 7 which is already sitting at $6K in the upcoming Heritage Signature Auction with weeks to go :whatthe:, or this relatively higher graded copy of Fantastic 2:  :luhv:

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/971894

fan2.241_2.jpg

Definitely not a dreamy grail like the Fantastic 3 with its much more in demand classic robot cover, but looks like this one here has only 2 higher graded copies with the only higher graded copy ever coming to market being the single highest graded CGC 9.0 graded Jon Berk Church copy that sold back in 2017.  Looks like the Heritage archives indicates their hghest graded copy was only a CGC 4.5 graded copy and that was all the way back in 2006.  :whatthe:

Somehow, I highly doubt we will be seeing the Church copy make a reappearance anytime soon, and also possibly the same with any other higher condition copies yet to be graded.  hm  (shrug)

Not sure where this rather visually appealing copy will end up finishing at in a few short hours from now, but my personal bet is that it will be seeing some extended 3-minute incremental action if it remains at this seemingly bargain bid of only $3,400 when the fat lady gets up to sing her grand finale tune.:popcorn:  :taptaptap:  :taptaptap:

Edited by lou_fine

Wow, when I see not only a price point of $1,300 on this book here, but the fact that it has actually sold at higher amounts in the recent past even with seemingly a gazillion copies out there, it makes me think that I should really have my copy squashed, graded, and slabbed for sale here:  :banana:  :whee:

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/990659

fan10.19.jpg

Sadly, the only problem being that I have absolutely zero idea of where my copy would be residing at all in my collection.  :frustrated:  doh!  :censored:

Edited by lou_fine

On 3/15/2023 at 10:11 AM, lou_fine said:

Oh wow.....................looks like another chance here to see how one of the Promise Collection retreads do in their second go round here:  :popcorn:

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/982247

blo2.126.jpg

Gotta admit that I absolutely love the seemingly "fresh off the printing press" stunning colors of this classic "damsel to the rescue of a man in distress" cover.  (:  lol

But somehow I still highly doubt if it will be able to do any better than the All-American 91 or the other Promise Collection books which came back for a second try on Heritage as the overwhelming majority of them all ended up taking quite a big hit as compared to what they managed to fetched on their initial first go round.  :tonofbricks: :(

Sadly, but I imagine rather not really that surprising, the second round drubbing continues to take place on the Promise Collection retreads as this one here managed to fetch only $10K or a 49.5% drop from it's initial auction result of some $19,800.  :tonofbricks:  :(  

Looks like a even slightly worst percentage performance as compared to the Promise Collection copy of All-American 91 from yesterday which dropped from $8,700 to only $4,830 for a percentage of only some 44.5%.  :(

On 3/15/2023 at 8:57 AM, lou_fine said:

Seems like this copy here has been stuck at its current hammer bid of $211,069 (i.e. or almost $243K with the 15% BP juice in there) and will be interesting to see if it can pull in some additional bids to move even further ahead of the CL $201K copy and to see if it can hopefully make it to the $300K milestone threshold.:popcorn: :taptaptap:  :taptaptap:

Well, big congrats to the consignor here as it looks like we got our answer as this copy finished up with a hammer bid of $261K or just a shade over the $300K milestone thresdhold mark once the 15% BP juice is added in there.  :applause:

Edited by lou_fine

On 3/15/2023 at 4:40 PM, lou_fine said:

Well, big congrats to the consignor here as it looks like we gout our answer as this copy finished up with a hammer bid of $261K or just a shade over the $300K milestone thresdhold mark once the 15% BP juice is added in there.  :applause:

With a $100k difference, I would rather have the CL copy

On 3/15/2023 at 4:43 PM, Dark Knight said:
On 3/15/2023 at 4:40 PM, lou_fine said:

Well, big congrats to the consignor here as it looks like we gout our answer as this copy finished up with a hammer bid of $261K or just a shade over the $300K milestone thresdhold mark once the 15% BP juice is added in there.  :applause:

My thinking is that the winning bidder for the CL copy simply got lucky as they probably had a much higher max bid in there, but nobody else wanted to play the game of tossing in a last minute blind Hail Mary bid, especially when the CC copy was knowingly available and they could make a more fully informed bidding decision.  hm  (shrug)

On 3/15/2023 at 4:50 PM, lou_fine said:

My thinking is that the winning bidder for the CL copy simply got lucky as they probably had a much higher max bid in there, but nobody else wanted to play the game of tossing in a last minute blind Hail Mary bid, especially when the CC copy was knowingly available and they could make a more fully informed bidding decision.  hm  (shrug)

Possibly, but we are unable to reveal if the winning bidder did really in fact have a higher max bid. Only ones who know are the winning bidder themself or CL. The winning bid stood there for what 3-4 days? To me it makes more sense, with all that time remaining, to just bid the next increment up until you are the highest bidder and then play it out in the final few minutes and seconds of the last day.  There was plenty of time for anyone to toss a bid up and see what happens. A great deal to the winner that's for sure!

On 3/15/2023 at 5:22 PM, Gotham Kid said:
On 3/15/2023 at 4:43 PM, Dark Knight said:

+1

My bet is that the winning bidder had a higher max bid in place, so there would NOT have been a $100K difference if somebody else had decided to toss in a competing bid.  hm  (shrug)