• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ComicConnect's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
21 21

4,092 posts in this topic

On 2/25/2023 at 11:12 AM, skypinkblu said:

If I could afford one, I would love a "same old"  Bat 1, Cap 1, Sups 1, Whiz 1, Action 1, lol...AF15, I've already owned, so it's not as interesting to me.

Wouldn't we all, the only problem being as you had correctly stated in your post up above....................."If I could afford one."  :(

Now, when it comes to the ones which they've highlighted such as a low grade Action 10, a mid-grade Kamen GGA Blue Beetle cover, or even HG copies of an early Lou Fine Fox cover or a All-Star book, now that's definitely much more achievable for most of us here without the deep deep pockets.  (thumbsu :takeit:

On 2/26/2023 at 3:21 AM, lou_fine said:

Well, nothing to see here FOR NOW as the "fat lady' hasn't even entered the buildng yet, let alone gotten onto the stage to test out her windpipes.  :taptaptap:

Seriously though, both of these early bids won't be anywhere close to where the books are going to finished up at.  You also have to take other factors into account such as grade dates (i.e. soft grading time periods vs. tight grading time periods), visual appearances of the books, etc.   But bottom-line, these early bids still pretty much mean zilch for now.  (shrug)

Who are you, and what have you done with lou_fine?

Hey @Gotham Kid;

A courtesy heads up to a long time fellow boardie here just in case you wanted to grab another copy of this book in your attempt to corner the market on this rare HTF book:  :takeit:

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/989009

ult43.58_1.jpg

A steal of a deal at only $5,700 plus the 15% BP juice, and now I fully understand why you sold off a couple of your pre-Robin 'Tec books.  (:  lol

Edited by lou_fine

On 2/26/2023 at 12:40 PM, lou_fine said:

Hey @Gotham Kid;

A courtesy heads up to you in case you want to grab another copy of this book in your attempt to corner the market on this rare HTF book:  :takeit:

ult43.58_1.jpg

A steal of a deal at only $5,700 plus the 15% BP juice, and now I fully understand why you sold off a couple of your pre-Robin 'Tec books.  (:  lol

:gossip: what does HTF mean @lou_fine is it the fat lady singing?it aint over till the fat lady sings - YouTube

On 2/26/2023 at 8:40 PM, lou_fine said:

Hey @Gotham Kid;

A courtesy heads up to a long time fellow boardie here just in case you wanted to grab another copy of this book in your attempt to corner the market on this rare HTF book:  :takeit:

ult43.58_1.jpg

Thanks Dean. My end goal is to corner the market indeed. I cannot get enough of this book.

Once I have them all will light up one massive bonfire. :whee:

Edited by Gotham Kid

On 2/26/2023 at 1:36 PM, Gotham Kid said:

My end goal is to corner the market indeed. I cannot get enough of this book.

Once I have them all will light up one massive bonfire. :whee:

Aha, I knew it..................................there is madness to your plan after all.  (thumbsu

Burn them all save for just one last remaining copy for yourself and you'll have:  lol

ONE MILLION DOLLARS - Dr. Evil - quickmeme

Edited by lou_fine

On 2/26/2023 at 9:50 PM, lou_fine said:

Aha, I knew it..................................there is madness to your plan after all.  (thumbsu

Burn them all save for just one last remaining copy for yourself and you'll have:  lol

ONE MILLION DOLLARS - Dr. Evil - quickmeme

no .. no .. no

I will not want to keep any. I want them ALL to burn.

I will live with their memory.

Edited by Gotham Kid

On 2/26/2023 at 6:18 PM, RareHighGrade said:

It's truly absurd that the bidding on books like Tec 30 and 34 is currently only slightly above the bid for this modern book. I suspect it will be a long time before anyone will again see an 8.0 Tec 30 or 34 for sale.  The modern book, on the other hand, will have hundreds of copies available every day of the year.

Well that's due to the relative scarcity of the run. this would be a great time to invest in this modern milestone.

Miles Morales-Modern Milestone, little sublimal marketing happening there? 

Oh wow this is actually a really interesting Action 1. When I first saw it, just thought it was a conserved coverless copy. It is missing the centerfold, but just like with a Superman 1 that had this done, some parts of the cover are actually real Action 1 cover parts. Including the most important part, Supes holding up the car. Will be really interesting to see what it sells for. My personal guess, somewhere in the $175K-$200K mark.

https://www.comicconnect.com/item/978736?tzf=1#description

7C016069-9EB8-4BFF-8AC3-6F4EA4F57692.jpeg

On 3/3/2023 at 9:48 AM, LDarkseid1 said:

Oh wow this is actually a really interesting Action 1. When I first saw it, just thought it was a conserved coverless copy. It is missing the centerfold, but just like with a Superman 1 that had this done, some parts of the cover are actually real Action 1 cover parts. Including the most important part, Supes holding up the car. Will be really interesting to see what it sells for. My personal guess, somewhere in the $175K-$200K mark.

Without seeing it in person it is hard to judge. I think “conserved” is a bit of a stretch. Might be worth that for the original parts still there. Even, I who can live with incomplete, coverless and restored books would be hard pressed to hold on to it in my pc…

On 3/3/2023 at 11:48 AM, LDarkseid1 said:

I’ve had a hard time evaluating this myself. Leaf casting was done to the pages, so it’s impossible to know how much is real and how much isn’t. 

this is not the usual case where the restoration is confined to the cover.

don’t get me wrong: I’d love to have it. I just don’t have any hammer predictions 

Yeah honestly, I don’t think the conservation is going to affect the book‘s sale much. For a coverless copy, I think it’s actually a partial benefit, not to the extent it would sell for more than a copy without the work done of course. But yeah, just don’t think it will hurt it as much as other circumstances. And the original cover pieces is a massive draw. Let us all not forget that the solo graded #1 from the cover sold for a whopping $7K by itself. We’re talking the entire middle part with Superman holding the car is real, as well as some other small pieces. If the #1 can sell for almost $10K, then Supes holding the car is worth a HELL OF ALOT MORE!

On 3/3/2023 at 10:08 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

I’ve had a hard time evaluating this myself. Leaf casting was done to the pages, so it’s impossible to know how much is real and how much isn’t. 

this is not the usual case where the restoration is confined to the cover.

don’t get me wrong: I’d love to have it. I just don’t have any hammer predictions 

Yeah would be nice if they showed photos of how much was leaf casted.

Edited by LDarkseid1