• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Omnibus, Absolute, Deluxe, and HC Thread
19 19

2,515 posts in this topic

On 10/19/2023 at 9:02 AM, F For Fake said:

IST has been quietly putting some stuff on sale at 60% off. I picked these up:

Defenders omni Vol 2 - I'm glad I held off on this one, I've had it on my wishlist for a while, but $40 was the incentive to grab it now!

https://www.instocktrades.com/products/dec220918/defenders-omnibus-hc-vol-02-milgrom-cvr

https://www.instocktrades.com/products/dec220919/defenders-omnibus-hc-vol-02-kane-dm-var

Absolute Dark Knights Death Metal for $40 

https://www.instocktrades.com/products/nov227135/absolute-dark-nights-death-metal-hc

X-Men Avengers Onslaught Omni $50

https://www.instocktrades.com/products/jun210825/x-men-avengers-onslaught-omnibus-hc-new-ptg

Absolute Three Jokers just came out, but is already at 60%/$40

https://www.instocktrades.com/products/oct227167/absolute-batman-three-jokers-hc-(mr)

Happy hunting! This time of year they tend to start clearancing stuff out, I guess in preparation for holidays, so it's worth it to me to check the site every day, search "HC", and then sort the results by discount. The best deals pop up that way. 

Thanks for the tip.

On 10/19/2023 at 9:19 AM, Dave2739 said:

Thanks for the tip.

Anytime! I try to remember to pop over here and share anything that's worth sharing. It's been a while since they added many new titles to the deep discount, so hopefully this signals that more are on the way!

I received the first Invincible Compendium today. Really looking forward to this one. I haven't seen the show, but have been interested in the book for years now, it's just one of those ones I never got around to. With Omni-Man one of the upcoming characters debuting in the Mortal Kombat 1 Kombat Pack 1, I figured now was a great time to learn about the character. 

I knew I wanted the compendiums, but everywhere was sold out of them... Except my LCS, who had it listed as a possibly orderable item. Two days later they had it in (great service) and they express posted it to me at no charge (love them) and voila, it arrived today. Nice and chunky, good print quality, I'm looking forward to getting this one after I finish reading my current novel. 

Anyone else read it? Is it as good as I'm hoping? 

On 10/23/2023 at 9:26 PM, Cat said:

I received the first Invincible Compendium today. Really looking forward to this one. I haven't seen the show, but have been interested in the book for years now, it's just one of those ones I never got around to. With Omni-Man one of the upcoming characters debuting in the Mortal Kombat 1 Kombat Pack 1, I figured now was a great time to learn about the character. 

I knew I wanted the compendiums, but everywhere was sold out of them... Except my LCS, who had it listed as a possibly orderable item. Two days later they had it in (great service) and they express posted it to me at no charge (love them) and voila, it arrived today. Nice and chunky, good print quality, I'm looking forward to getting this one after I finish reading my current novel. 

First 100 issues were very good.  Very enjoyable series overall.

On 10/24/2023 at 11:26 AM, Cat said:

everything is good.  ends well too

On 10/23/2023 at 10:26 PM, Cat said:

The show is very good and since I've never read the books either, it has me interested here in the near future to start picking up the Compendiums.

Batman Adventures Omni is back in stock at IST (at the moment, at least) for those that missed it the first time. Was a pretty much instant sellout, came back in briefly. I'd imagine this is one they'll keep in print, but you never know.

https://www.instocktrades.com/products/may237279/batman-adventures-omnibus-hc

On 10/25/2023 at 8:32 AM, F For Fake said:

Sale books have started arriving. I didn't know much about that Absolute Death Metal when I picked it up, but it's a really nice package. The slip has a textured feel, very neat design.

IMG_6229.JPG

IMG_6230.JPG

IMG_6231.JPG

IMG_6232.JPG

If it is the "Death Metal" that I'm thinking of? You'll love the villain turned into a baby lol I don't want to spoil it much, and I tried googling to see if it was in "absolute" 'death metal'.

Still glad you got a deal, and it should be fun regardless. It still amazes me  that I can see series like death metal so long at the LCS, and for it to wind up in a book less than an inch thick lol I mean it may be bigger, I think it is time compared to matter :insane: 

wonderfultoys.gif&ehk=etwX2%2BP1FPZAYVmj

On 10/25/2023 at 9:46 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

If it is the "Death Metal" that I'm thinking of? You'll love the villain turned into a baby lol I don't want to spoil it much, and I tried googling to see if it was in "absolute" 'death metal'.

Still glad you got a deal, and it should be fun regardless. It still amazes me  that I can see series like death metal so long at the LCS, and for it to wind up in a book less than an inch thick lol I mean it may be bigger, I think it is time compared to matter :insane: 

wonderfultoys.gif&ehk=etwX2%2BP1FPZAYVmj

yeah, I think that's the same thing! I read the first series, the Dark Knights Metal, or whatever it was called, but by the time this series came along, I'd pretty much stopped reading moderns. But this was a nice looking presentation, so for the price I figured I'd give it a shot!

On 10/19/2023 at 6:02 AM, F For Fake said:

IST has been quietly putting some stuff on sale at 60% off. I picked these up:

Defenders omni Vol 2 - I'm glad I held off on this one, I've had it on my wishlist for a while, but $40 was the incentive to grab it now!

https://www.instocktrades.com/products/dec220918/defenders-omnibus-hc-vol-02-milgrom-cvr

https://www.instocktrades.com/products/dec220919/defenders-omnibus-hc-vol-02-kane-dm-var

Absolute Dark Knights Death Metal for $40 

https://www.instocktrades.com/products/nov227135/absolute-dark-nights-death-metal-hc

X-Men Avengers Onslaught Omni $50

https://www.instocktrades.com/products/jun210825/x-men-avengers-onslaught-omnibus-hc-new-ptg

Absolute Three Jokers just came out, but is already at 60%/$40

https://www.instocktrades.com/products/oct227167/absolute-batman-three-jokers-hc-(mr)

Happy hunting! This time of year they tend to start clearancing stuff out, I guess in preparation for holidays, so it's worth it to me to check the site every day, search "HC", and then sort the results by discount. The best deals pop up that way. 

pulled the trigger on $30 mmws thinking it couldn't last forever. Now they dropped to 26.:cry: And I gambled the Defenders 2 omni would drop even further -- NOT.

Edited by bronze_rules

On 10/24/2023 at 2:39 PM, WolverineX said:

everything is good.  ends well too

You guys were absolutely right. It's a very enjoyable series so far. One quick question that Google failed me on: why is Angstrom Levy's number plate '4SKINS'?

I mean...... huh? If his goal is to circumcise Mark, I'm noping the hell out of this series. 

20231028_033604.thumb.jpg.ab81438d0e1bdf8272ce9e5398203c5f.jpg

Edited by Cat

On 10/30/2023 at 6:35 PM, Cat said:

Finished Invincible Compendium volume 1. Freaking loved it. Compendium 2 and an Invincible figure are on their way to me as we speak. I can't wait to continue the story. I just dislike Oliver. Something bad could happen to him and I wouldn't care. Cruel I know. 

Great series, beginning to end.

On 10/31/2023 at 8:44 AM, Ken Aldred said:

Great series, beginning to end.

Thanks, good to know it maintains the quality of the first. It was one of my favourite reads in a long time, not counting Strange Adventures. 

On 10/30/2023 at 8:12 PM, Cat said:

Thanks, good to know it maintains the quality of the first. It was one of my favourite reads in a long time, not counting Strange Adventures. 

Can't wait to hear the rest of your thoughts on the series as you keep progressing through the comps. I still have to read this series and hope to do so in the next year. Right now I've started the Batman Road to No Man's Land and on to No Man's Land. I want to re-read Batman New 52 and then never read the Dark Knights Metal series. Once I am done with these, will start to look at Invincible.

On 10/31/2023 at 11:18 AM, captainzombie said:

Can't wait to hear the rest of your thoughts on the series as you keep progressing through the comps. I still have to read this series and hope to do so in the next year. Right now I've started the Batman Road to No Man's Land and on to No Man's Land. I want to re-read Batman New 52 and then never read the Dark Knights Metal series. Once I am done with these, will start to look at Invincible.

Put it this way, I was sad when I finished the comoendium. The book had really found its identity compared to the start, when it was still top tier, but seemed more... off the cuff, in hindsight. Making references like saying its a family book, now the gloves are off a bit. It's found itself. It's okay with the fact it's a bit bloody every now and then, for instance. It really reads to me like a modern Spider-Man, just as I think Dynamo 5 is a modern Marvel comic take too. It's a shame the two never met, as I'd love to have seen them in action together, despite the fact Dynamo 5 was a much smaller book that time has forgot. 

Anyway, Invincible is timeless stuff for a modern audience. And it does it well. Very well. Superhero soap opera at its finest. 

On 10/30/2023 at 10:00 PM, Cat said:

Put it this way, I was sad when I finished the comoendium. The book had really found its identity compared to the start, when it was still top tier, but seemed more... off the cuff, in hindsight. Making references like saying its a family book, now the gloves are off a bit. It's found itself. It's okay with the fact it's a bit bloody every now and then, for instance. It really reads to me like a modern Spider-Man, just as I think Dynamo 5 is a modern Marvel comic take too. It's a shame the two never met, as I'd love to have seen them in action together, despite the fact Dynamo 5 was a much smaller book that time has forgot. 

Anyway, Invincible is timeless stuff for a modern audience. And it does it well. Very well. Superhero soap opera at its finest. 

I know that's why I rather have an invincible 1 then a Walking Dead 1. absolutely incredible stuff