• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Omnibus, Absolute, Deluxe, and HC Thread
19 19

2,504 posts in this topic

Invincible Compendium volume 2 hardcover arrived today. I read tonight! 

Edit: Third page in, and Dynamo 5 have a cameo! Alright, I love it already! Now there's a book that deserves an omnibus. 

Second Edit: WOW, #50 was fantastic. Best issue so far! What a climax. 

Third Edit: #60, another great one, and Dynamo 5 and Joe Casey's Youngblood cameo in the same panel. What a treat! Seriously! 

Edited by Cat

On 11/5/2023 at 9:49 AM, Dave2739 said:

This is fun. Reprints 1-34 and the first annual.

IMG_3519.jpg

I am an omnibus collector but will most likely pass on this one.  However, that cover brings back a lot of memories for what was my favorite time for comicbook reading.  I was in college at the time and started going to the local comicbook store every Friday for new books.  I read them all and loved the stories back then.  What a great time for comicbooks....the mid to late eighties!  Enjoy your new book!

On 11/6/2023 at 4:47 AM, Cat said:

Invincible Compendium volume 2 hardcover arrived today. I read tonight! 

Edit: Third page in, and Dynamo 5 have a cameo! Alright, I love it already! Now there's a book that deserves an omnibus. 

Second Edit: WOW, #50 was fantastic. Best issue so far! What a climax. 

Just wait.  It gets better.

Also, the new season started on Amazon

On 11/7/2023 at 7:31 AM, WolverineX said:

@Cat  MCS had like 7 copies of Invincible 1 a month ago.  Look how many are left

https://www.mycomicshop.com/search?tid=454991

Geez that's a fast-moving book. Makes sense with season 2 having just started though, and Omni-Man being announced as a playable character for Mortal Kombat 1. 

Seeing I can now add photos again, I took some photos of both compendiums for anyone interested in them. I'm just missing the third, which I don't believe is out yet. Hopefully it's not too long a wait, as I'm sure I'll be dying to see how this ends. 

*Note I cover all my books that can't be Brodarted in a UV plastic for protection. That's the reflections you see in a few spots. 

20231107_133525.thumb.jpg.831857fe04ce6aad5c7f952016006cb9.jpg20231107_133550.thumb.jpg.776aa85933af6db9313504609e086088.jpg20231107_133616.thumb.jpg.7b568dbaa825500af893bdc598f55cb6.jpg

Edited by Cat

On 11/6/2023 at 10:47 PM, Cat said:

Geez that's a fast-moving book. Makes sense with season 2 having just started though, and Omni-Man being announced as a playable character for Mortal Kombat 1. 

Seeing I can now add photos again, I took some photos of both compendiums for anyone interested in them. I'm just missing the third, which I don't believe is out yet. Hopefully it's not too long a wait, as I'm sure I'll be dying to see how this ends. 

*Note I cover all my books that can't be Brodarted in a UV plastic for protection. That's the reflections you see in a few spots. 

20231107_133525.thumb.jpg.831857fe04ce6aad5c7f952016006cb9.jpg20231107_133550.thumb.jpg.776aa85933af6db9313504609e086088.jpg20231107_133616.thumb.jpg.7b568dbaa825500af893bdc598f55cb6.jpg

Nice those are hardcover, I only have the paperback versions

On 11/7/2023 at 11:47 AM, Cat said:

do you use a book rest when you read them?

On 11/6/2023 at 11:41 PM, ganni said:

Or a crane?? :eek:

On 11/7/2023 at 2:10 PM, WolverineX said:

Nice those are hardcover, I only have the paperback versions

Yeah, they've got 2023 print dates, and are first prints, but volume 1 was sold out everywhere I could find except for my LCS. I believe it's just the first 2 that have been printed so far. 

On 11/7/2023 at 2:41 PM, ganni said:

No I don't. I also sometimes fall asleep reading them, meaning I occasionally wake up with them on my face. Not terrible comfortable. These ones are comfortable enough to read in bed, nothing like say, the JSA Omnis, which are a nightmare. 

Holy hell. Sorry to go OT, but damn, Invincible #60 was crazy. I updated my previous post straight away to post how happy I was to see a Dynamo 5/ Joe Casey's Youngblood together in a cameo panel (even though his YB wasn't all that great, it's a shame Invincible never got to meet the latest incarnation, that was such a good run of comics, seriously). But holy hell, what an issue. 

I can't believe they 

Spoiler

Killed who they did. He was one of my favourite characters too. One hell of a death scene though. 

Spoiler for those who know who I'm talking about. Massive spoiler ahead, way ahead of the show

Spoiler

Rex Splode. What a way to go out. 

Edit: #63- What the :censored:ing :censored:. They didn't just.....did they???

Noooooooooo!!!!  I need some sleep damnit. It's past 4am and my sleeping tablets are starting to kick in, and I'm fighting them like crazy, I can't leave things here! 

Edit 2: MASSIVE SPOILER: #64

Spoiler

Omg Kirkman Phoenixed her. That was freaking awesome, and so unexpected. Damn, I wish I'd picked up this book sooner. 

Edited by Cat

On 11/5/2023 at 9:49 AM, Dave2739 said:

This is fun. Reprints 1-34 and the first annual.

IMG_3519.jpg

I am actually pretty excited about this one, but there's been so much coming out lately, and the holidays coming up, so I haven't had as much extra money. I'm torn between waiting for it to be clearanced, and being afraid that it may sell out because they didn't print a lot to begin with. Can't imagine it was a huge seller. Hopefully it will hang in there a bit longer, or have a price drop soon!

On 11/7/2023 at 1:39 PM, F For Fake said:

I am actually pretty excited about this one, but there's been so much coming out lately, and the holidays coming up, so I haven't had as much extra money. I'm torn between waiting for it to be clearanced, and being afraid that it may sell out because they didn't print a lot to begin with. Can't imagine it was a huge seller. Hopefully it will hang in there a bit longer, or have a price drop soon!

I've really been enjoying it. And since this is reprinting a series that was essentially nothing but house ads, unlike other omnis, this one reprints each issue cover to cover. Very "time capsule" like.

On 11/7/2023 at 4:19 PM, Cat said:

Yeah, they've got 2023 print dates, and are first prints, but volume 1 was sold out everywhere I could find except for my LCS. I believe it's just the first 2 that have been printed so far. 

Just to update this, volume 3 is actually out next week. My LCS's initial shipment is already spoken for, so I'll have to wait for their restock, which will be a few weeks. 

Aaaaargh! I can't wait that long. 

On 11/8/2023 at 9:57 PM, Cat said:

Just to update this, volume 3 is actually out next week. My LCS's initial shipment is already spoken for, so I'll have to wait for their restock, which will be a few weeks. 

Aaaaargh! I can't wait that long. 

I just ordered the Compendium 1 HC which seems to be on back order, but will also order 2 and 3 this weekend. Can't wait to read through these.

On 11/9/2023 at 3:45 PM, captainzombie said:

I just ordered the Compendium 1 HC which seems to be on back order, but will also order 2 and 3 this weekend. Can't wait to read through these.

Hope you enjoy them. Get ready for a fun ride! Just keep in mind it does take a few issues to get things going, so stick with it. 

On 11/9/2023 at 1:39 AM, Cat said:

Hope you enjoy them. Get ready for a fun ride! Just keep in mind it does take a few issues to get things going, so stick with it. 

Thank you! I do have the Invincible 1 facsimile that came out over the summer which I didn't have time to read due to my book backlog. I took a few minutes last night to read it and some really awesome stuff. Since I have watched the TV show, this first issue is adapted to the show. I can't wait to get these compendiums to read through.

I still can't get over how the first cameo appearance of invincible in noble causes #3 is so cheap.

I'd say a hulk 180&181, but it's not even

close, like no one knows about it.

@Cat @WolverineX @captainzombie

On 11/10/2023 at 12:44 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I still can't get over how the first cameo appearance of invincible in noble causes #3 is so cheap.

I'd say a hulk 180&181, but it's not even

close, like no one knows about it.

@Cat @WolverineX @captainzombie

That's actually a book I've always wanted too, as I love Jay Faerber, he did Dynamo 5, which I rate so highly. Thanks for the tip, Addy! 

On 11/10/2023 at 2:00 AM, WolverineX said:

time for you to watch the show

It sure is. It's on my to-do list. I get to experience JK Simmons as Omni Man in Mortal Kombat 1 now, so I get a taster of it in a way.