• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Omnibus, Absolute, Deluxe, and HC Thread
19 19

2,515 posts in this topic

On 10/30/2023 at 2:35 PM, Cat said:

Finished Invincible Compendium volume 1. Freaking loved it. Compendium 2 and an Invincible figure are on their way to me as we speak. I can't wait to continue the story. I just dislike Oliver. Something bad could happen to him and I wouldn't care. Cruel I know. 

You will like Oliver.  

On 10/31/2023 at 1:36 PM, WolverineX said:

You will like Oliver.  

Oh okay, cryptic. Where I left off he's just 

Spoiler

Helped Mark on a mission for the first time, though Mark didn't know about it, he wasn't unhappy with the results. 

It's more the way he's drawn I don't like, I guess. But as he's getting older he's losing that fat head look, so I should warm up to him more. 

And just to show how good my LCS is, I ordered the volume 2 Compendium at about 4am this morning, and it's already shipped and on its way to me. They always treat me really well. Weeks with Transformers titles, I'm the first customer they do, just so they can get my books out quickest, for example. Cannot recommend Minotaur in Melbourne enough. 

I also ordered an Invincible figure, because I'm a figure collector, and he was sold out everywhere else. I like the charscter enough to have him in my collection somewhere. I'd love to get an Eve to go with him, but she looks a bit off compared to the comics, and apparently the show. 

On 10/31/2023 at 2:18 AM, Cat said:

Reveal hidden contents

Helped Mark on a mission for the first time, though Mark didn't know about it, he wasn't unhappy with the results. 

It's more the way he's drawn I don't like, I guess. But as he's getting older he's losing that fat head look, so I should warm up to him more. 

And just to show how good my LCS is, I ordered the volume 2 Compendium at about 4am this morning, and it's already shipped and on its way to me. They always treat me really well. Weeks with Transformers titles, I'm the first customer they do, just so they can get my books out quickest, for example. Cannot recommend Minotaur in Melbourne enough. 

I also ordered an Invincible figure, because I'm a figure collector, and he was sold out everywhere else. I like the charscter enough to have him in my collection somewhere. I'd love to get an Eve to go with him, but she looks a bit off compared to the comics, and apparently the show. 

nice! what figure? why don't you pick up an issue 1?

On 10/31/2023 at 8:13 PM, WolverineX said:

nice! what figure? why don't you pick up an issue 1?

The figure is Diamond Select's Invincible 7inch Invincible. They've done a fair few of the cast of the show, but there's really no difference to the designs, so they work well as comic versions too, and were designed by Cory Walker. I can't post a pic I'm sorry, my UI is bugged and I can't post pics at the moment. Here it is on Amazon to give you an idea. https://www.amazon.com/DIAMOND-SELECT-TOYS-Invincible-Action/dp/B08S6Q4Z91

How much is issue 1 going for? 

Edited by Cat

On 10/31/2023 at 9:09 AM, Cat said:

The figure is Diamond Select's Invincible 7inch Invincible. They've done a fair few of the cast of the show, but there's really no difference to the designs, so they work well as comic versions too, and were designed by Cory Walker. I can't post a pic I'm sorry, my UI is bugged and I can't post pics at the moment. Here it is on Amazon to give you an idea. https://www.amazon.com/DIAMOND-SELECT-TOYS-Invincible-Action/dp/B08S6Q4Z91

Next you will be jonesing to get a Invincible #1 CGC 9.8. :) I think this is such an awesome modern book to own. I know another poster above didn't care for TWD #1, but I think both books are modern books that would be worth people putting their money in when compared to all the other modern junk out there.

On 11/1/2023 at 12:27 AM, captainzombie said:

Next you will be jonesing to get a Invincible #1 CGC 9.8. :) I think this is such an awesome modern book to own. I know another poster above didn't care for TWD #1, but I think both books are modern books that would be worth people putting their money in when compared to all the other modern junk out there.

That has been on my mind! It's just probably the worst time to buy with the show going on and all that, I'm assuming? 

On 10/31/2023 at 9:30 AM, Cat said:

That has been on my mind! It's just probably the worst time to buy with the show going on and all that, I'm assuming? 

Yes, probably is, but also now is the time too where people are trying to offload books so if you can do some research via GPA Analysis and find the right price you can still make out well.

On 10/31/2023 at 3:04 PM, F For Fake said:

Some good stuff showed up this weekend. First up, the Batman Adventures Omni. To my mind, these are some of the best Batman comics ever made, maybe my favorite Batman title of all time. They are my ideal superhero comic: self-contained stories that aren't needlessly weighed down by decades of slavish continuity, and stories that are "safe" for children but sophisticated enough to appeal to adults. Batman The Animated Series is the single best distillation of the character and his world, and the comics carry on that tradition quite nicely. Iconic character designs, the perfect melding of all of Batman's traits (the detective, the adventurer, the playboy, the supernaturalist, the superhero) in stories that manage to strike a fine balance with his personality. When is the last time you read a mainstream DC Batman comic book where Batman seemed like someone you'd actually want to hang out with? At some point the decision was made that Batman is going to be a , no matter what, and I have yet to see why that take is appealing and so enduring. This comic series has none of that, and is all the better for it. Desperately hope that they'll collect the remaining books in this line, and it seems likely.

Next up, the most recent Tomb of Dracula MMW dropped last week, and was on sale at 50% off (plus repeat buyer discount), so I scooped that up, suddenly realizing I'd also never picked up the second volume! So, that was corrected, and they arrived just in time for some spooky Hallow-reading.

Last is this DC's 1st Issue Special HC. I'd been interested in this one since it dropped, but it was kind of a thin volume for the price tag. IST had it on clearance for about $16, which made it more palatable. 

IMG_6324.JPG

IMG_6325.JPG

IMG_6326.JPG

IMG_6327.JPG

IMG_6321.JPG

IMG_6322.JPG

IMG_6323.JPG

IMG_6327.JPG

Nice selection.

The First Issue Special volume is an interesting mix of stories and genres.  Some better than others, but you can’t argue with the variety.

Fun book.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 10/31/2023 at 12:09 PM, Ken Aldred said:

Nice selection.

The First Issue Special volume is an interesting mix of stories and genres.  Some better than others, but you can’t argue with the variety.

Fun book.

Thanks! And yes, I'm glad I picked up the First Issue book. I was curious when it was released, but for whatever reason I let it slide, and then sort of forgot about it. When I saw it pop up on sale, I had to grab it. Looking forward to cracking it open!

On 10/31/2023 at 10:09 AM, Cat said:

9.8s are 3500 but lower grades are cheaper.. I think that the show is planned to have eight seasons so you should just probably pick up a copy in between a season when the hype dies down or you may be waiting for a while.

On 10/31/2023 at 1:18 AM, Cat said:

Reveal hidden contents

Since I haven't read Invincible at all, but have watched the show on Amazon, does the show follow the comics for the most part? Being a Walking Dead fan, they changed so much from the comic books in the show. 

I was thinking of starting to pickup the hardcover compendiums for Invincible, they look really nice.

On 11/3/2023 at 6:45 PM, ganni said:

What type of book rest do you use when reading the heavy ones?:popcorn:

I have decided to stop buying huge omnis because they are so uncomfortable to read.

I'm selling my new huge Aliens omnibuses and I bought the small OOP Dark Horse omnis as a replacement... just because they are so much easier to read.

On 11/4/2023 at 10:26 AM, captainzombie said:

Since I haven't read Invincible at all, but have watched the show on Amazon, does the show follow the comics for the most part? Being a Walking Dead fan, they changed so much from the comic books in the show. 

I was thinking of starting to pickup the hardcover compendiums for Invincible, they look really nice.

I haven't watched the show yet, so can't help you there, unfortunately. I can tell you some minor thing has changed. Omni-Man is in Mortal Kombat 1, and they've assured fans he'll have his 'famous' train fatality. After reading omnibus 1, all I can say is "what train fatality?" 

On 11/3/2023 at 10:16 PM, Cat said:

I haven't watched the show yet, so can't help you there, unfortunately. I can tell you some minor thing has changed. Omni-Man is in Mortal Kombat 1, and they've assured fans he'll have his 'famous' train fatality. After reading omnibus 1, all I can say is "what train fatality?" 

Thanks, it is good to know you didn't watch the show yet. You should check out when you can, its really good. I'll probably order Omnibus 1 this week and cool that you can still find the hardcover versions.

On 10/31/2023 at 8:04 AM, F For Fake said:

Some good stuff showed up this weekend. First up, the Batman Adventures Omni. To my mind, these are some of the best Batman comics ever made, maybe my favorite Batman title of all time. They are my ideal superhero comic: self-contained stories that aren't needlessly weighed down by decades of slavish continuity, and stories that are "safe" for children but sophisticated enough to appeal to adults. Batman The Animated Series is the single best distillation of the character and his world, and the comics carry on that tradition quite nicely. Iconic character designs, the perfect melding of all of Batman's traits (the detective, the adventurer, the playboy, the supernaturalist, the superhero) in stories that manage to strike a fine balance with his personality. When is the last time you read a mainstream DC Batman comic book where Batman seemed like someone you'd actually want to hang out with? At some point the decision was made that Batman is going to be a , no matter what, and I have yet to see why that take is appealing and so enduring. This comic series has none of that, and is all the better for it. Desperately hope that they'll collect the remaining books in this line, and it seems likely.

Next up, the most recent Tomb of Dracula MMW dropped last week, and was on sale at 50% off (plus repeat buyer discount), so I scooped that up, suddenly realizing I'd also never picked up the second volume! So, that was corrected, and they arrived just in time for some spooky Hallow-reading.

Last is this DC's 1st Issue Special HC. I'd been interested in this one since it dropped, but it was kind of a thin volume for the price tag. IST had it on clearance for about $16, which made it more palatable. 

IMG_6324.JPG

IMG_6325.JPG

IMG_6326.JPG

IMG_6327.JPG

IMG_6321.JPG

IMG_6322.JPG

IMG_6323.JPG

IMG_6327.JPG

Man that TOD 2 drop must have been only 1 day, I was waiting for it and missed it.  I remember TOD 1 was 15 or 30 and I stupidly missed it. Some times I wait until there are several to combine for shipping - and then they disappear. Hope the TODs (any) come up again on the discount list.