• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Omnibus, Absolute, Deluxe, and HC Thread
19 19

2,503 posts in this topic

Invincible #132 spoilers 

Spoiler

"Being a hero is :censored:". Probably my favourite moment of the series so far, besides the first time Eve Phoenixed out. 

RIP Oliver, a very complicated character. I took a sneak peek at the next issue (I've allocated myself a set number of issues per night, and tonight's ended with 132) and I saw that he was an undercover agent the whole time, so that's fully redeemed him at least. Still, that's one less Viltrumite to fight the upcoming final battle, and that's a big deal. 

I've only got two more nights' worth of issues left. I'm both happy and sad about this, as I can't wait to see how it ends, but I really don't want this story to be over. I want to keep reading about these characters. Just 12 issues to finish off Rex and Thragg doesn't seem like enough. 

On 11/27/2023 at 11:42 PM, Chip Cataldo said:

I received my Arthur Adams Retrospective HC art book in the mail today. This was a Kickstarter that I backed in May and I decided to get the signed limited edition cover (500) with all the trimmings. It came with a signed envelope and 5 prints, one signed. It also included a couple of neat bookmarks. Very slick package, which you'd expect from Flesk Publications. Very happy with this and look forward to hopefully having some time next week to sit down with it and enjoy. (Note - tried getting the third image upright, to no avail.) 

IMG_20231127_230842.jpg

IMG_20231127_231025.jpg

IMG_20231127_230905.jpg

Lots of attributes here.

A couple of new things hit the IST clearance list. I don't need them, but you might!

Avengers Omnibus Vol 5 (this just came out a month or two ago) is 65% off $35

https://www.instocktrades.com/products/mar230943/avengers-omnibus-hc-vol-05

Transformers IDW Coll Phase 3 Vol 1 down to $17.99 (and since Skybound has the license now, once these IDW hc's are gone, they're GONE gone)

https://www.instocktrades.com/products/apr210684/transformers-idw-coll-phase-3-hc-vol-01

On 12/2/2023 at 12:17 AM, F For Fake said:

My haul from the IST Black Friday sale arrived yesterday, two impressively large boxes. I may have gone a little nuts, but while there weren't any CRAZY deals, the fact is that the added holiday discounts plus repeat buyer discount made many of these the cheapest they have ever been, or likely will ever be. So, it seemed like the best opportunity to knock some books off of my checklist.

For whatever reason, Avengers 2 & 4, and Batman and Robin Eternal did not ship, and in fact, haven't even been "picked" yet. I'll give it a few more days before inquiring. In the meantime, this is plenty to deal with.

NO MORE BOOKS FOR ME UNTIL THE NEW YEAR! AND THEN SOME! 

IMG_6782.JPG

IMG_6783.JPG

IMG_6784.JPG

IMG_6785.JPG

IMG_6786.JPG

IMG_6787.JPG

IMG_6788.JPG

Enjoy Strange Adventures, it's VERY good. 

On 12/1/2023 at 3:31 PM, Cat said:

I've now finished Invincible. Very sad it's over, as I was having such a great time reading it. Hopefully the Invincible Universe Compendium containing the Atom Eve and Rex Splode mini, and the Guarding The Globe series will be close enough to fill the gap. That's on its way to me. 

Thanks to those who recommended the series to me. It was so worth it. 

Watch the show!!

On 12/2/2023 at 6:50 AM, WolverineX said:

Watch the show!!

That's absolutely next on the agenda. I didn't want to start while I was still reading because I didn't want to get character voices into my head (it kinda happened a bit with Nolan thanks to MK1). Now I'm free to start. 

On 12/1/2023 at 4:51 PM, Cat said:

That's absolutely next on the agenda. I didn't want to start while I was still reading because I didn't want to get character voices into my head (it kinda happened a bit with Nolan thanks to MK1). Now I'm free to start. 

Nice.  Btw, Peter Griffen is going to be released next into Fortnite lol 

On 12/2/2023 at 8:46 AM, WolverineX said:

Nice.  Btw, Peter Griffen is going to be released next into Fortnite lol 

Now my head hurts. How the heck are they going to make him fit the standard body style? They had to slim Optimus Prime right down, what chance does Peter have? 

On 12/2/2023 at 10:35 AM, ganni said:

When the time comes the next generation of really big omnibus is out.  Will you buy and replace your present collections?:popcorn:

big-book-feature1.thumb.png.b2aab8b5da26fe9c2a4d16a80bb59dc2.png

That's going to hurt even more when I drop it on my face, half asleep. 

On 12/1/2023 at 6:17 AM, F For Fake said:

My haul from the IST Black Friday sale arrived yesterday, two impressively large boxes. I may have gone a little nuts, but while there weren't any CRAZY deals, the fact is that the added holiday discounts plus repeat buyer discount made many of these the cheapest they have ever been, or likely will ever be. So, it seemed like the best opportunity to knock some books off of my checklist.

For whatever reason, Avengers 2 & 4, and Batman and Robin Eternal did not ship, and in fact, haven't even been "picked" yet. I'll give it a few more days before inquiring. In the meantime, this is plenty to deal with.

NO MORE BOOKS FOR ME UNTIL THE NEW YEAR! AND THEN SOME! 

IMG_6782.JPG

IMG_6783.JPG

IMG_6784.JPG

IMG_6785.JPG

IMG_6786.JPG

IMG_6787.JPG

IMG_6788.JPG

Great haul! Let me get this straight, did they actually partially ship your order? I have never ever had them do that. If I order 50 items and one is on backorder for a year - that's how long I get to wait for them to ship all of them. It's horrific to me.

Edited by bronze_rules

On 12/2/2023 at 6:50 AM, WolverineX said:

Watch the show!!

Watched the first half of season one. Great stuff. Very different so much as order as events, plus some characters are very different (Amber is such a different character in particular, and I don't mean physically). It's definitely its own thing, not afraid to change things around, it stands on its own. I like that about it. It seems like a great interpretation so far. 

On 12/2/2023 at 6:35 AM, Cat said:

Watched the first half of season one. Great stuff. Very different so much as order as events, plus some characters are very different (Amber is such a different character in particular, and I don't mean physically). It's definitely its own thing, not afraid to change things around, it stands on its own. I like that about it. It seems like a great interpretation so far. 

oh yeah amber is awful the first season and amazing the second. .. just wait

On 12/2/2023 at 10:07 PM, WolverineX said:

oh yeah amber is awful the first season and amazing the second. .. just wait

Okay, thanks for the heads up. Conversely, because of who she is, I can't imagine this Amber going through some of the other Amber's stories.