• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Omnibus, Absolute, Deluxe, and HC Thread
19 19

2,492 posts in this topic

On 12/2/2023 at 1:34 AM, bronze_rules said:

Great haul! Let me get this straight, did they actually partially ship your order? I have never ever had them do that. If I order 50 items and one is on backorder for a year - that's how long I get to wait for them to ship all of them. It's horrific to me.

Yes, that is correct! I was surprised, as I'd only had that happen once before, and I hadn't messaged them about it or anything. Three books are still sitting there unpicked, but the rest of the stuff shipped out suddenly in two separate shipments. Have you contacted them about the order that's hung up? I have had to do that a couple of times in the past, messaged them and suddenly, miraculously, the books shipped out. 

On 12/2/2023 at 12:45 PM, F For Fake said:

Yes, that is correct! I was surprised, as I'd only had that happen once before, and I hadn't messaged them about it or anything. Three books are still sitting there unpicked, but the rest of the stuff shipped out suddenly in two separate shipments. Have you contacted them about the order that's hung up? I have had to do that a couple of times in the past, messaged them and suddenly, miraculously, the books shipped out. 

You are charmed! Not only have they historically made me wait until every single item was ready (not kidding about year - one time I waited that long for EC AE and several other new titles), but they rarely answered any emails - and when they did, they basically said too bad. So now if I have any thought about a hot or scarce item, I do my best to just pay separate shipping. And I've given them inordinate amounts of money over the years.

On 12/3/2023 at 1:53 PM, Chip Cataldo said:

Got the Taschen X-Men in today! Boy I love those huge hardcover tomes. Just waiting on the Frazetta and then I think I'm done this year even though I've got a couple things on my watch list. 

Screenshot_20231202_225221_Gallery.jpg

How big are the Taschen's? Are they Absolute size? How many issues to they contain (specifically the X-Men one)? Cheers Chip, you've got me interested. 

On 12/2/2023 at 6:00 PM, bronze_rules said:

You are charmed! Not only have they historically made me wait until every single item was ready (not kidding about year - one time I waited that long for EC AE and several other new titles), but they rarely answered any emails - and when they did, they basically said too bad. So now if I have any thought about a hot or scarce item, I do my best to just pay separate shipping. And I've given them inordinate amounts of money over the years.

Man, that stinks, I’m sorry. I have heard complaints about IST’s customer service over the years, but so far I have been lucky. That’s nuts that they won’t work with you on things that should be easy to resolve.

On 12/2/2023 at 11:38 PM, Cat said:

How big are the Taschen's? Are they Absolute size? How many issues to they contain (specifically the X-Men one)? Cheers Chip, you've got me interested. 

They are bigger than Absolutes. They typically have approximately 20 issues, but include some of the ads and letters pages etc. They're very nice.

On 12/2/2023 at 11:38 PM, Cat said:

I told my Dad last night if someone ever broke into the house just grab one of the Taschens and wallop him with it. It'll separate his head from his neck. Lol.

On 12/4/2023 at 1:12 AM, Dave2739 said:

They are bigger than Absolutes. They typically have approximately 20 issues, but include some of the ads and letters pages etc. They're very nice.

Ooh that does sound nice. The art must look amazing at that size (no I don't have any of the IDW Artist Editions for comparison). 

On 12/6/2023 at 11:24 PM, Chip Cataldo said:

Got this today! It's wonderful, and just as massive as the Marvel books. Can't wait to go through it on my next day off. IMG_20231206_231849.thumb.jpg.9356caef60ac26fac5e683024b54afcc.jpg

Let’s see some pics and a review!

On 12/4/2023 at 8:40 AM, WolverineX said:

Dude, these books are massive.  Got to read carefully.

Btw, here's the new guy in fortnite.

I did a reread of Dynamo 5, one of my favourite Image books, one I haven't reread in years. They appeared in Invincible, and it turns out him and Omni-Man actually cross over with Dynamo 5 too! They're in the 5th volume miniseries, Sins Of The Father. Highly recommend it. They don't do much, but the series is still a very worthwhile read. Mostly by Jay Faerber and Mahmud Asrar. 

On 12/9/2023 at 9:31 PM, Dave2739 said:

Couple of new Taschen big boys on the shelf.

IMG_3616.jpeg

Always love seeing those shelves!

On 12/13/2023 at 12:45 AM, Cat said:

I did a reread of Dynamo 5, one of my favourite Image books, one I haven't reread in years. They appeared in Invincible, and it turns out him and Omni-Man actually cross over with Dynamo 5 too! They're in the 5th volume miniseries, Sins Of The Father. Highly recommend it. They don't do much, but the series is still a very worthwhile read. Mostly by Jay Faerber and Mahmud Asrar. 

Interesting.  I'll add it to my wishlist.

Btw, Lego has made it into fortnite and it's fun!

Also Turtles are being released this week :)

On 12/14/2023 at 12:35 AM, WolverineX said:

Interesting.  I'll add it to my wishlist.

Btw, Lego has made it into fortnite and it's fun!

Also Turtles are being released this week :)

Yeah I saw the TMNT, I noticed they even have Leonardo his IDW scar through his eye. Really nice attention to detail.