• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Omnibus, Absolute, Deluxe, and HC Thread
19 19

2,490 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Angel of Death said:

I ordered from them once or twice. I don't typically go looking on their site often, though.

I sometimes forget to give them a look, just because I’m usually looking to buy something specific, and their site is more like a treasure hunt. But when they do have something I need, it’s pretty much always a great deal. I bought movies from them for years before I even thought about checking out the books.

I've bought two in the last few weeks: Morrison's JLA, and the DC He-Man omnibus, which includes He-Man Vs The ThunderCats. He-Man should be fun, I haven't read all this material, whereas JLA was one for the collection, and it was fairly cheap. 

Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus Vol 5 is available for pre-order at cheap graphic novels.com

https://www.cheapgraphicnovels.com/spider-man-amazing-spider-man-omnibus-vol-05-hc-dm-kane-cvr.html

Edited by Jeffro.

On 5/17/2021 at 8:28 PM, F For Fake said:

It’s been a while since I sang the praises of hamiltonbook.com, but if they aren’t on your list of places to check for deals, you’ve gotta add them! Inventory fluctuates wildly based on what sort of closesouts and deals they can find, but I’ve found tons of bargains there over the years. Plus, shipping is safe, fast and cheap, and customer service is terrific.

It’d been a while since I checked them out, but I was delighted to find these last week. $14.99 for this hardcover slipcase box set of Pete Bagge’s Neat Stuff, which has a $60 msrp, and $15 for the DC Mignola HC, which is a $40 book. Also picked up some cheap ($10 and less) Alien books!

Over the years I’ve bought tons of Absolutes and Omnis for under $30, archives for under $10, etc. Comic selection is pretty thin right now, but it’s worth checking every week.

Thanks for mentioning this site. I had no idea. 

On 5/17/2021 at 8:28 PM, F For Fake said:

It’s been a while since I sang the praises of hamiltonbook.com, but if they aren’t on your list of places to check for deals, you’ve gotta add them! Inventory fluctuates wildly based on what sort of closesouts and deals they can find, but I’ve found tons of bargains there over the years. Plus, shipping is safe, fast and cheap, and customer service is terrific.

It’d been a while since I checked them out, but I was delighted to find these last week. $14.99 for this hardcover slipcase box set of Pete Bagge’s Neat Stuff, which has a $60 msrp, and $15 for the DC Mignola HC, which is a $40 book. Also picked up some cheap ($10 and less) Alien books!

Over the years I’ve bought tons of Absolutes and Omnis for under $30, archives for under $10, etc. Comic selection is pretty thin right now, but it’s worth checking every week.

And if anyone is interested in that Neat Stuff set, they still had three in stock last time I checked! 

3F9F48F6-B632-448D-9FF3-A814641BD8F0.jpeg

D0ED0C77-EA62-442C-B6A7-05A91A9CBB15.jpeg

4E0AF83E-810C-417B-810C-C601B71A40C3.jpeg

4F7312FC-911A-43AE-9242-D34BEFA7406A.jpeg

09370B03-89A5-421A-969E-532A16CFE1A9.jpeg

Looks like a great resource - thank you for sharing!

Has anyone ever read all of Prince Valiant?  As a kid I had always been fascinated by the incredible artwork in the newspaper strips but never felt able to jump into it.  Seems like an interesting (and somewhat daunting) undertaking, and there are a few volumes available on Hamilton Books.  Curious if it's worth taking on.

On 7/9/2021 at 6:28 PM, Jeffro. said:

Thanks for mentioning this site. I had no idea. 

My pleasure! I found them years ago thanks to the Blu-ray.com forums, as they get a lot of great movie deals. Their movie buyer is a forum member and does a great job of interacting with buyers.

Comic selections are hit or miss, but they do occasionally get some really nice, cheap stuff. Shipping is cheap and they pack pretty well, at least better than Amazon, for sure.

I missed out on Uncanny X-Men Volume 4 Omnibus because I wasn't paying attention, but thanks to a US friend was able to take advantage of a great deal on Amazon US and got it for under retail. It's at his place in Virginia, safely awaiting extraction to Australia. I got lucky on this one. 

Now if only I could get this lucky with the Fantastic Four Epic Collection: The New Fantastic Four. Missed out on that that one too, and now it's going for anywhere from 130-180USD. Hopefully Marvel will reprint that, as I thought the idea with Epics was to keep them in stock? Hopefully.