• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Omnibus, Absolute, Deluxe, and HC Thread
19 19

2,482 posts in this topic

On 11/9/2021 at 2:45 AM, rfhbv100 said:

Well, for some reason I had to sell my CGC collection. Since then, however, prices for many keys have risen dramatically and continue to rise. Therefore, to wait out this period (and I hope that such a strong increase in prices will end someday), I decided to return to collecting omnibus and absolute. And here are the first books that managed to come to me:

20211109_120755.jpg

Scott’s SS is such a fun read. I’ve been looking for a not so overpriced copy for ages.

On 11/9/2021 at 5:41 PM, piper said:

Scott’s SS is such a fun read. I’ve been looking for a not so overpriced copy for ages.

Yes, excellent reading, I recently read it myself. I was lucky, and considering that in my country the prices for this book started at $ 150, I managed to get it for just 85. That's at the pre-order price, hehe. True, the book is just a little shabby.

On 12/12/2021 at 8:58 AM, srezvan said:

Here's a photo of some of my Black Friday, etc. purchases. Books from Amazon, InStockTrades, MCS, and Target have arrived. Still waiting on eBay and Hermes Press (Phantom HCs). 

20211211_071710.thumb.jpg.8e710e59bbabebdba19b9c01e9d49893.jpg

Hey, when you finish Dangerous Grounds, post your thoughts! I remember the Satanic Panic very well.

Edited by MisterX

On 12/12/2021 at 8:25 AM, MisterX said:

Hey, when you finish Dangerous Grounds, post your thoughts! I remember the Satanic Panic very well.

I certainly can, but it will probably be a while. I recently read the Gary Gygax GN about the founding of TSR. I've always liked D&D, but I haven't played since 2nd Edition. I recently bought a 5th Edition Player's Handbook, started to read it, and created my character on D & D Beyond, but there's just not enough time to play. But that GN inspired me to buy the Art of D&D hardcover (incredible artwork and great memories), Little Wars by HG Wells (which helped inspire Gary Gygax), and Dangerous Games. They'll all get read eventually.

Edited by srezvan

On 1/6/2022 at 5:29 PM, Rockyjo3 said:

Would you guys recommend the upcoming Phantom Stranger omnibus? I was thinking about pre ordering on DCBS but haven’t read any of the issues included in it.

Yes, if it goes ahead. I love all the Bronze Age Horror vibe.

It was canceled previously. :wishluck: