• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's THE ETERNALS (11/6/20)
8 8

3,079 posts in this topic

On 12/7/2021 at 6:34 PM, Beige said:

I can only speak about Aust / NZ , but there is so much chatter about the new Spidey movie that it's going to be huge here.

Aust / NZ - would not surprise to take $40million

Speaking of surprises...

https://www.projectcasting.com/blog/news/marvel-movie-australia/

@Bosco685 - any idea of the 'mystery marvel movie' getting a grant?

I know a guy who does 'extra' apps (he was in the Leftovers - very, very briefly!) - he's heard the name 'Kraven' mentioned by his agency - and he's not a comic guy.

Spoiler

Confirmed to be filming in Australia: Guardians of the Galaxy 3, Black Panther 2, Captain Marvel 2, and the sequel to Doctor Strange. (Love and Thunder / Shang-Chi filmed here already)

So could the 'mystery movie' be the next Spidey?  Not due to start until 2022/23

According to ABC news (Australia):

"Jared Leto will star as Morbius, the Living Vampire in a movie due in January 2022, while Aaron Taylor-Johnson (who played Quicksilver in Avengers: Age Of Ultron) is slated to star as Kraven The Hunter in a film due in January 2023.

But Sony is just getting started - a further seven films and two TV series have been mooted for the so-called Sony Spider-Man Universe franchise, including an untitled film from Olivia Wilde believed to be about Spider-Woman AKA Jessica Drew, and standalone movies introducing characters such as Silk, Jackpot and Madame Web, who are little known outside comic book readers."

The timing is right.

Sorry, just seeing this now @Beige :foryou:

This has to be the next Spider-Man movie since Feige and Pascal admitted there are more coming soon. But would they roll the rumored standalone Kraven into this movie? Maybe.

On 12/12/2021 at 11:30 AM, Chaos_in_Canada said:

i have not seen many of the films on this list, and will never see them. but my vote is for quiet place part 2 as the best in this less than impressive group of movies.

On 12/12/2021 at 12:14 PM, DavidTheDavid said:

Is the movie a strong thumbs down? I'm thinking of seeing it out of sheer boredom today.

Did you go see it? I thought it was better than Black Widow or Shang-Chi.

On 12/16/2021 at 3:38 PM, DavidTheDavid said:

I did not see it.

I enjoyed the other two. They were fun enough, but not great by any stretch.

Eternals is the same. The critics who were hoping for an Academy Award contender had the wrong expectations heading in.......

On 11/7/2021 at 1:03 PM, mr_highgrade said:

Everything that you wrote was spot on. (thumbsu

I stopped enjoying most MCU movies when, as Tony Stark waits for an elevator at MIT in the first ten minutes of Civil War, he is accosted by the mother of a Sakovia casualty. Stark's contrite reaction was out of character for him and weak besides. The woman who accosted him was an annoying nag who had no moral currency to spend. She may as well have lurked outside Henry Ford's office (when he was alive) to scold him for mass producing the automobile, a machine involved in more deaths worldwide than the total population of Sakovia.

The movies I don't like did well but it doesn't stop me from disliking them. This, despite strong production quality in all of them and one of my favorite scenes (when Ant-Man becomes Giant-Man at a German airport). The movies are: Civil War, Ragnarok, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, and Endgame. I haven't seen Eternals and don't intend to, so I don't have a comment on it. Up until Civil War, I liked all MCU films. Starting with Civil War, the average dropped considerably. The only films I liked that came after that were: Infinity War, Ant-Man 2, and Shang-Chi. Black Widow is in-between. I don't dislike it but don't love it either. I'd prefer any episode of The Rockford Files.

On 12/20/2021 at 10:52 AM, paqart said:

I stopped enjoying most MCU movies when, as Tony Stark waits for an elevator at MIT in the first ten minutes of Civil War, he is accosted by the mother of a Sakovia casualty. Stark's contrite reaction was out of character for him and weak besides. The woman who accosted him was an annoying nag who had no moral currency to spend. She may as well have lurked outside Henry Ford's office (when he was alive) to scold him for mass producing the automobile, a machine involved in more deaths worldwide than the total population of Sakovia.

The movies I don't like did well but it doesn't stop me from disliking them. This, despite strong production quality in all of them and one of my favorite scenes (when Ant-Man becomes Giant-Man at a German airport). The movies are: Civil War, Ragnarok, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, and Endgame. I haven't seen Eternals and don't intend to, so I don't have a comment on it. Up until Civil War, I liked all MCU films. Starting with Civil War, the average dropped considerably. The only films I liked that came after that were: Infinity War, Ant-Man 2, and Shang-Chi. Black Widow is in-between. I don't dislike it but don't love it either. I'd prefer any episode of The Rockford Files.

i see you find shang-chi superior to endgame.  do you, like g.a.tor, also believe wuerffel superior to elway?