• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's THE ETERNALS (11/6/20)
8 8

3,079 posts in this topic

On 1/27/2022 at 3:44 AM, paqart said:

Thanks so much. You, your unfounded assumptions, biases, and prejudice are a wonder to behold. The next Eternals movie should star you in a lead role. I'm sure it would be more interesting than the movie they put out.

It's based on your own words. Respectfully, stop trying to weasel out of your own statements just because people have picked up on their true meaning. 

On 1/26/2022 at 12:33 PM, @therealsilvermane said:

kav and drotto in particular have attacked Eternals in this thread as being woke aka attacking the film because of its diverse cast. kav admits he hadn’t even seen the movie until yesterday but has been among the loudest folks decrying the movie here.

To be clear:

1) There are *plenty" of reasons to dislike the Eternals movie that have nothing to do with the diversity of its cast.

2) I'm fairly sure no one on this thread "hates" The Eternals. That implies they cared anything about The Eternals in the first place.

This film isn't worthy of such a strong emotion. 

To me, I'm more bemused and amused at how bad it is - and yet - it's not bad enough to actually be enjoyable (in an MST3k or Ghost Rider / Ghost Rider: Spirits of Vengeance kind of way).

Edited by Gatsby77

On 1/26/2022 at 11:54 AM, Gatsby77 said:

2) I'm fairly sure no one on this thread "hates" The Eternals. That implies they cared anything about The Eternals in the first place.

He has a persistent habit of thinking he knows what goes on in other people's minds.  Movie directors, boardies, etc.  Its a bit baffling but also telling.  Of course someone who believes they can read other's minds-even people he has never met-would be convinced all the thoughts cascading through his mind are correct.

Batman Begins is about fear!!  Fear of BATS!!  Because young bruce fell in a hole and there were BATS!  Ok he did watch his parents murdered in front of his eyes after he asked to leave the opera early but a guy shooting his parents in front of his very eyes isnt very scary its them BATS!!!!  also he's batman not murdered in front of my very eyes man!

On 1/26/2022 at 11:40 AM, @therealsilvermane said:

Here's Anthony Mackie and Sebastian Stan on Batman v Superman. Mackie is much nicer to this movie but notice he only talks about liking Ben Affleck as Batman...

Such experts! And no bias or anything.

On 1/26/2022 at 3:37 PM, kav said:

Batman Begins is about fear!!  Fear of BATS!!  Because young bruce fell in a hole and there were BATS!  Ok he did watch his parents murdered in front of his eyes after he asked to leave the opera early but a guy shooting his parents in front of his very eyes isnt very scary its them BATS!!!!  also he's batman not murdered in front of my very eyes man!

That's just batty.

On 1/26/2022 at 11:51 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Holy carp. I was an E/F student no matter the threshold, since I didn't care for most of the material being taught, and I truly hated homework.

This was high school though.   

For what it is worth, I found college to be less of a challenge because of the rigorous program I was a part of for the four years prior.

On 1/26/2022 at 12:44 PM, paqart said:

Thanks so much. You, your unfounded assumptions, biases, and prejudice are a wonder to behold. The next Eternals movie should star you in a lead role. I'm sure it would be more interesting than the movie they put out.

He is basing his words on the work that you put out that you stand behind.

On 1/26/2022 at 2:18 PM, Mecha_Fantastic said:

It's based on your own words. Respectfully, stop trying to weasel out of your own statements just because people have picked up on their true meaning. 

The people who are talking with you, are they in the room right now?

On 1/26/2022 at 4:46 PM, Buzzetta said:

He is basing his words on the work that you put out that you stand behind.

No he isn't. I've worked with Dixon, like him, and know him well enough to be aware that all the things your friend has said about him are false inferences based on completely innocent associations and statements Dixon has made. I don't know van Sciver but from what I've seen of him in videos, the claims about him are similarly exaggerated. It's like assuming racism because someone wants people to enter the country through legal checkpoints.

On 1/26/2022 at 8:35 AM, @therealsilvermane said:

No, apparently you're among family here regarding the folks who apparently hate Eternals and who have been trolling the movie here on a daily basis.

meta-metaphor?

On 1/27/2022 at 7:59 AM, paqart said:

The people who are talking with you, are they in the room right now?

33d.gif.17a026ad4ca97410343593e1f9edb46c.gif

On 1/27/2022 at 9:55 AM, paqart said:

No he isn't. I've worked with Dixon, like him, and know him well enough to be aware that all the things your friend has said about him are false inferences based on completely innocent associations and statements Dixon has made. I don't know van Sciver but from what I've seen of him in videos, the claims about him are similarly exaggerated. It's like assuming racism because someone wants people to enter the country through legal checkpoints.

So you don't know, except you do. Didn't you wonder why Van Sciver did the occasional video in a toga? Yeah, that's the whole Caesar thing. But you're smarter than that, you knew it. Your metaphors truly do belong here, because they're . I also didn't really comment on Dixon, other than to say he's done work for Comicsgate books, which he has. Fact. 

You've nothing to refute, other than the Comicsgate mantra of trying to keep things furtive, which is weird, considering how loud and proud you lot are on private. But the second you're challenged, you tend to wilt like old asparagus.