• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The DC Collection Is COMPLETE.
9 9

1,517 posts in this topic

I have followed your ups, downs, frustrations and successes on these boards, and wanted to express my congratulations. You have accomplished a collecting feat that is unmatched and, at least to me, unfathomable. My advice is to take a well earned break, bask in your deserved glory and when the dust settles write your story (if you haven't already- less the final chapter of course).

Harley Yee is in San Diego with my New Adventure 26 actually in his hands.

Richard Makinson from Quicksilver is going to bring it back to England for me.

Unending thanks to Scott (FFB) who found it in the first place, back in February I think.

And to Harley who clinched the deal at last.

The collection is complete and right up to date.

Every DC comic ever sold.

Plus almost every promotional and premium and giveaway as well. Still missing a few that we know about but new discoveries surface all the time, whereas I am convinced that I have a copy of each and every solitary last DC comic ever properly released.

HARLEY YEE IS THE MAN !!!!!!!!!!!!

Way to go, congrats on this milestone achievement!

thumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Congratulations Ian !

If there is any justice in the world, most of the comic magazines and periodicals will be beating a path to your door for an in-debt interview + pictorial thumbsup2.gif

Except OPG. Ian will have to fly over to them to show them photocopies of every issue to document that he has them all. poke2.gif

She does not have a complete set, according to Ian.

popcorn.gif Here we go....

893scratchchin-thumb.gif I wonder why deathlock has not chimed in on this thread yet - he seems to contribute to every thread in General... curious. devil.gif

thumbsup2.gif Ian, I don't think most people can even comprehend how difficult the task is even if you have the means.

Do you still currently buy every DC comic every week, or is there a date whereby the collection stops??

Congratulations Ian. I knew you would get the NA26 with out paying extortion-like rates.

DTA was correct when he stated “Properly priced Golden Age is a hot commodity,

and proper pricing is the key." I still periodically look at the previously posted pics of your comics.

I am most impressed with your collection. thumbsup2.gif

th_Ian_Levine_072.jpg

th_Ian_Levine_008.jpg

Edited by Harvey Dude

She does not have a complete set, according to Ian.

I thought she hadn't got the astonishingly rare M.C. Gaines comic "Narrative Illustration - The History Of The Comics".

But Joe Verenault says she does.

However she apparently hasn't got "How You Can Defend Your Home", which was also an All American, and which was sold during World War Two at the newsstands for fifteen cents.

Now that you've completed the onsale portion, can you please post the list of promotionals you still need? I'm sure that posting your list here helped (I know I found you a bunch of books), and maybe posting the promotionals will help as well.

Let's leave this thread as a positive one. This is a monumental occassion, many years in the making.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif I wonder why deathlock has not chimed in on this thread yet - he seems to contribute to every thread in General... curious. devil.gif

Even more curious...why do you care? confused-smiley-013.gif

Congratulations, Ian!

Moments like these come rarely in one's lifetime. A "Well done" to all involved.

On to the next challenge!

Nevermind...I found the info in the previous post....Let me know if you ever need to upgrade any of the early 1980's Captain Carrot and his AMAZING Zoo Crew....or you could probably pick up fair to good copies from ALEXANDER for about 35 bucks each......