• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2019 Annual March Madness CGC Grading Tournament - Seeding Round
8 8

339 posts in this topic

18-5 for me I think. That 2001 and ASM 248 killed me. I can't believe that ASM would get a 9.4 with a torn page that bad. Just disagree with CGC on that one. The 2001.... I guess I should have used the large scans cuz clearly I missed something.

4 minutes ago, speedcake said:

20 - 4  unless I've done my math horribly wrong?

I also would like to know what happened with 2001. What did I  miss?

2001 now that I look at the large scan there seems to be some shmutz on the front cover in a couple places, also foxing back cover. But I think it's the white streaks on the f/c that they are dinging it for.

1 minute ago, LordRahl said:

2001 now that I look at the large scan there seems to be some shmutz on the front cover in a couple places, also foxing back cover. But I think it's the white streaks on the f/c that they are dinging it for.

I saw those, I guess I just discounted them too much. I even went to look at some 9.8 slabs for reference to see if they were in the art or something and still borked it up lol 

I compared the "schmutz" to other books that graded much higher that appeared to have the same "schmutz". Is there something else besides the "schmutz" that lowered the grade that much? I mean look at this 2001 with the same "schmutz" (shrug)

2001-9.6.jpg