• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s WandaVision (2020)
6 6

3,184 posts in this topic

There's always one, and I guess I'm it. I'm losing interest, Kat Dennings character is as annoying as all hell and I'm getting faint whiffs of "the MCU formula" starting up here. Can't put my finger on it yet. We'll see.

Edited by jcjames

1 hour ago, bentbryan said:

We happened to watch that episode last weekend. I think seeing Glenn was much, much worse. :p

Similar feeling, definitely not the same. Glenn was definitely much harder to watch I think it was probably the single most impactful (dear God no pun intended) scene I've seen in any show ever, I just couldn't think of another analog. 

10 minutes ago, AJLewandoski said:

Similar feeling, definitely not the same. Glenn was definitely much harder to watch I think it was probably the single most impactful (dear God no pun intended) scene I've seen in any show ever, I just couldn't think of another analog. 

It was rough for sure. But I hear what you’re saying. It was a bit of a shock when they showed the zombied Vision. 

1 hour ago, bentbryan said:

It was rough for sure. But I hear what you’re saying. It was a bit of a shock when they showed the zombied Vision. 

Hopefully it's an intro to a Marvel zombies movie! (been praying for one for years)

I'm going to wait for all eps to drop before I sign up to Disney+

Too many subs already

1 hour ago, Beige said:

Hopefully it's an intro to a Marvel zombies movie! (been praying for one for years)

I'm going to wait for all eps to drop before I sign up to Disney+

Too many subs already

I don’t think it is. It was more dead than zombie. I was just being descriptive of his look. However they are doing some form of marvel zombies in the What If series. 

Each episode has been better than the previous one, so I'm really like the show. Was smart of them to release the first two together. The time period/sets are probably the reason the first two weren't just one episode. 

E4 was a lot of fun. The show makes me feel like I'm 13 yrs old again reading comics, or 50 reading the CGC Boards between reading folks like KANT.

Everything's brilliant and dreamlike, a wonderful diversion from the hardships of everyday life.  

On 1/30/2021 at 6:30 PM, jcjames said:

There's always one, and I guess I'm it. I'm losing interest, Kat Dennings character is as annoying as all hell and I'm getting faint whiffs of "the MCU formula" starting up here. Can't put my finger on it yet. We'll see.

Nope, I'm with you. Hey, it was kinda cool to see Woo, Darcy, and Monica, but the episode didn't really tell us anything meaningful that we didn't already know. It was just a recap from the other side.

They literally could've done everything so far in 2 episodes. I have lost all investment in this show. God, I hope the other shows aren't this bad.

On 1/30/2021 at 9:32 PM, bentbryan said:

I don’t think it is. It was more dead than zombie. I was just being descriptive of his look. However they are doing some form of marvel zombies in the What If series. 

Pretty sure it's just the realization that she's manipulating Vision's corpse in her fantasy land. All of the people are real people, so it makes sense that Vision's presence is due to Wanda using his empty shell as a puppet.

1 hour ago, Angel of Death said:

Pretty sure it's just the realization that she's manipulating Vision's corpse in her fantasy land. All of the people are real people, so it makes sense that Vision's presence is due to Wanda using his empty shell as a puppet.

Agreed! Wanda is walking around with Vision's corpse like a puppeteer which is scary.

But I wonder if with her manipulation she is still allowing his rational thinking to come through at times. Leading to some of his troubled facial expressions leading to her rebooting the scenes.

One of the things I forgot when I hypothesized they would reveal that Wanda is a mutant in this series is the devastation that Ike Perlmutter wrought on the comics stories in 2014 in an attempt to squeeze value out of Fox's ownership of the X-Men and Fantastic Four.  That's the year they killed Wolverine, authors were told to create NO new mutant characters, Fantastic Four was cancelled, and they ret-conned Wanda and Pietro into not being Magneto's kids and not being mutants.  So it's anybody's guess as to whether or not Feige will go with pre-Ike or post-Ike lore in the MCU.

Certainly Feige didn't like Ike's decision-making with VERY good reason, so if this were 2018 and I had to bet I'd bet he'd revert them to being mutants.  But since I live in 2021 and realize that Feige has been Chief Creative Officer of Marvel's print content since 2019 and hasn't re-ret-conned Wanda and Pietro back into mutants I suppose I should bet he won't make them mutants.  Like Ike or not, he gave fans whiplash in 2014, and Feige changing it back would be another case of story continuity whiplash to fans.

At least in the comics.  Feige is pretty free to do what he wants in the MCU, so I give a slight edge to them being revealed as mutants, but I won't be at all surprised at either outcome.

14 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Agreed! Wanda is walking around with Vision's corpse like a puppeteer which is scary.

But I wonder if with her manipulation she is still allowing his rational thinking to come through at times. Leading to some of his troubled facial expressions leading to her rebooting the scenes.

Well, he's dead, so I'm not sure how his expressions would have anything to do with himself. The reality of life is simply breaking through the fantasy in her mind.

If Vision with life is all in her mind then so are the actions of the other characters who interact with Vision when he talks.  She saw Vision's corpse right after Monica commented on Pietro being killed by Ultron, so I'm guessing that was a flashback to the reality of Vision's current state, not that everything else we're seeing is in her mind.

But the hole in the "everything is a new reality Wanda has created" idea is that I don't know of ANY power she has to create sapient life, particularly an android.  I don't think her powers extend to creating Stark-level tech at will.

Those seemingly-contradictory ideas suggest someone besides Wanda is manipulating events.  Won't be long until we know who.

Edited by fantastic_four

28 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

Well, he's dead, so I'm not sure how his expressions would have anything to do with himself. The reality of life is simply breaking through the fantasy in her mind.

I think it comes down to Vision is an android brought to life by the Mind Stone in a vibranium body.

So if Wanda is manipulating his body to bring him back to life through her reality-warping abilities, she could be powering his mind to come back to life which at times leads to his coming back to his android senses. Which then leads to her having to reset his mind and the scene.

But I'm new to these MCU things. :baiting:

22 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

someone besides Wanda is manipulating events

I agree, it can't be all Wanda. I don't think Wanda has the technical know-how to figure out how to turn reality into a broadcast TV show. Darcy implies "the universe" is doing this. It's got to be a higher power.

27 minutes ago, Angel of Death said:

Well, he's [Vision's] dead, so I'm not sure how his expressions would have anything to do with himself

I don't think the Vision we're seeing is an inanimate puppet. Shuri saved Vision's memories in Endgame. That's got to be playing out here. It's possible that the Vision we're seeing is actually his persona from Shuri's download but Vision is being fed life through Wanda who is acting as his Mind Stone now, as she's a walking Mind Stone. Just a theory.

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

I think it comes down to Vision is an android brought to life by the Mind Stone in a vibranium body.

So if Wanda is manipulating his body to bring him back to life through her reality-warping abilities, she could be powering his mind to come back to life which at times leads to his coming back to his android senses. Which then leads to her having to reset his mind and the scene.

But I'm new to these MCU things. :baiting:

That doesn't make sense, but you do you. (shrug)