• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+ LOKI (2021)
12 12

794 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

:x

Some consider May 4th to be Star Wars Day.

May 4th is really Adam Yauch Remembrance Day

I just stumbled across this gem on YouTube the other day. They were amazing.

In other news...

Rewatched Episode 3. It is OK. I give it a 'B'.

Flash Season 1 was good. That is all I'll say about the Flash show.

Edited by adampasz

1 hour ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

The Disney+ Simpsons shorts have been VERY VERY good.   If anyone has not seen them, I urge you to give them a try.  I promise you that your 7 minutes will not be wasted. 

I know nothing about the Time Variance Authority from the comics.  Anyone familiar with the story want to throw a hypothesis in the ring as to why those Timekeepers were androids, who's running the TVA, and where all those variant Lokis are?

Hypotheses about how a Loki variant could be a caiman/alligator/crocodile are appreciated as well.  :insane:

21 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

I know nothing about the Time Variance Authority from the comics.  Anyone familiar with the story want to throw a hypothesis in the ring as to why those Timekeepers were androids, who's running the TVA, and where all those variant Lokis are?

Hypotheses about how a Loki variant could be a caiman/alligator/crocodile are appreciated as well.  :insane:

spider-ham.thumb.jpg.160a7711d19169ff6c27dfe643a4e56e.jpg

41 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

The time keepers being robots means there's a bigger bad pulling the strings not sure if it's Ravonna, Kang, or another Loki (or maybe Miss Minutes she was a bit TOO cheerful) not enough to go on yet.

The pruned variants are in some alternate New York timeline, as evidenced by the burnt out Avengers tower behind silver age Loki, where there was a cataclysmic event of some kind that probably wiped out all of humanity.

Crocodile Loki is almost certainly for terrorizing Frog Thor, or Throg as he's sometimes called. There was a Lego leak of a Loki figure in the "variant" jacket holding a Frog Thor. I imagine we'll deal with that next week.

It's not a runaway, but Loki is so far my favorite Disney+ series. Episode 4 was outstanding after a slower (but interesting to me) first half. How fitting that Loki's first true love is an alternate version of himself. And I thought the Timekeepers, when they were first shown in shadows and finally fully revealed towards the end seemed a little too goofy to be "real".

And anyone else notice that the final shot of Ep 4's mid-credits scene of the Variant Lokis looking down at Loki mirrors the famous shot of the Avengers looking down at Loki from the first Avengers?

loki_episode_4_classic_kid_boastful_loki_variants_1625046627061.thumb.jpg.405a4f6c704e40a00c488246427a53b6.jpg1598496891_AvengersoverLoki.thumb.jpg.625e9a8ab622dab1632d81604169a618.jpg

4 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

I think this will all tie into to Kang the Conqueror & the TVA is an artificial intelligence he set up to maintain his dominion over the timeline. Since Kang is not omnipotent, he needs minions (AI & mind wiped variants) to prevent anyone more powerful than himself from disrupting a timeline that keeps him in power. The Avengers may have been a means to avoid facing Thanos himself. Mobius mentioned Demigod in reference to Loki in this episode & according to Vedic scriptures, people had mystic powers to curse, enchant, transfigure into different forms, etc... just like the comics. My view on the reptilian variant is that he was transfigured by his own power or another powerful character. It seems Marvel is revealing that death is just an illusion, like our established perception of reality. The clan of Loki's are likely in a parallel universe or distant timeline that the TVA weapons are programed to send people. If you think of everything as energy rather than matter, it's easier to conceive of how someones energy can be transported to distant places, in a similar manner to sending a radio signal.

!!!!!!Spoilers ahead!!!!!

After watching the latest episode, I was left wondering was the young Sylvie supposed to get away?  It seemed pretty easy for her to release herself from Ravonna's grasp and use the portal to escape.

And was she aware of what the weapon sticks did when used on someone?  She didn't seem to concerned when one was used on Loki.

3 hours ago, s-man said:

!!!!!!Spoilers ahead!!!!!

After watching the latest episode, I was left wondering was the young Sylvie supposed to get away?  It seemed pretty easy for her to release herself from Ravonna's grasp and use the portal to escape.

And was she aware of what the weapon sticks did when used on someone?  She didn't seem to concerned when one was used on Loki.

I never actually paid attention to her name in the show, but I know Ravonna is Kang's love interest.