• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+ LOKI (2021)
12 12

794 posts in this topic

Just now, skypinkblu said:

Thanks, I thought everyone knew but me:) :foryou:

Not at all - I didn't even know there was such a character as "Lady Loki" until it was mentioned in connection with this show.  There's a lot of speculation.  She's listed only as "The Variant" on IMDB.

4 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

That's interesting.  I wonder why the TVA thinks she's Loki then?  Looking up the origin of this version of Enchantress I see she was created by Loki, so maybe they merged the two characters together for the MCU.

5 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

That's interesting.  I wonder why the TVA thinks she's Loki then?  Looking up the origin of this version of Enchantress I see she was created by Loki, so maybe they merged the two characters together for the MCU.

That's why I am thinking the TVA may not be so all-knowing. It is assuming this is another variant of Loki when she may be another character pretending to be Lady Loki.

Now that would be a twist.

42 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

Maybe the Enchantress is just considered a variant of Loki in the sense that she is an aspect of his powers? I don't think it's two characters combined, but rather that they're showing a feminine aspect of the same power is superior. This would also align with the female empowerment narrative the MCU has been working towards.

On 6/15/2021 at 8:04 AM, media_junkie said:
On 6/15/2021 at 5:31 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I wanna see if we can all agree on something, because this show has brought up old ideas...

In order for something odd to happen, something common must happen first, right? In order for there to be 2 Steve Rogers, there must first be a timeline in which there was only 1 Steve Rogers. If we follow this logic, then Prime MCU only has 1 Steve, and a branch reality has 2 (when he lived with Peggy).

People are out there saying that the "Sacred Timeline" always had 2 Caps. How can a 105-year old Steve exist in 1940 if he never got to 105 years old first? Am I making logical sense here?

So, to further move on that, the branch timeline that has the Steve that went back in time and stayed with Peggy, should have been destroyed by the TVA, correct?

Well, the "sacred timeline" is the one that the time keepers protect.  Anything COULD have happened in the sacred timeline, including 100 different Steve Rogers living out their lives with 99 different Peggys, as long as that was the timeline that the time keepers decided was "sacred".

4 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Well, the "sacred timeline" is the one that the time keepers protect.  Anything COULD have happened in the sacred timeline, including 100 different Steve Rogers living out their lives with 99 different Peggys, as long as that was the timeline that the time keepers decided was "sacred".

In order for that to happen, Steve would still have to live a single life in isolation (of other selves). According to what we've seen, the TVA cannot destroy a branch reality that has existed for more than a particular amount of time. For sure, decades exceed their purview.

I think that the MCU would be shooting themselves in the foot if they were to say that the events of Earth-199999 are not the "sacred timeline".

38 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:
47 minutes ago, valiantman said:

In order for that to happen, Steve would still have to live a single life in isolation (of other selves). According to what we've seen, the TVA cannot destroy a branch reality that has existed for more than a particular amount of time. For sure, decades exceed their purview.

I think that the MCU would be shooting themselves in the foot if they were to say that the events of Earth-199999 are not the "sacred timeline".

Right, that's why I'm saying that whichever timeline is the sacred one could have multiple Steves, as long as that timeline (even if we would consider it a "branch" or even a series of branches) is the "sacred" one. 

In the sacred timeline, Steve could have lived two lives, or even one fragmented life that never overlapped with his frozen self.  We assume Steve was sitting and waiting by the water for a long time, but he could have jumped to that spot and appeared the moment he disappeared from the platform in Endgame from 2010 or 2020 or even 1995... he was old, that's all we really know.  No one saw him sitting there before they saw him vanish as a younger man.  It's possible that two Steves were never "awake" at the same time in the sacred timeline (and that his fight with himself in Endgame was erased by his later actions).

Edited by valiantman

12 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Right, that's why I'm saying that whichever timeline is the sacred one could have multiple Steves, as long as that timeline (even if we would consider it a "branch" or even a series of branches) is the "sacred" one. 

In the sacred timeline, Steve could have lived two lives, or even one fragmented life that never overlapped with his frozen self.  We assume Steve was sitting and waiting by the water for a long time, but he could have jumped to that spot and appeared the moment he disappeared from the platform in Endgame from 2010 or 2020 or even 1995... he was old, that's all we really know.  No one saw him sitting there before they saw him vanish as a younger man.  It's possible that two Steves were never "awake" at the same time in the sacred timeline.

The "sacred timeline" is baloney.

19 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

absolutely.  Who wants a certain timeline to happen?  Kang?

2 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:
3 hours ago, valiantman said:

In the sacred timeline, Steve could have lived two lives, or even one fragmented life that never overlapped with his frozen self.  We assume Steve was sitting and waiting by the water for a long time, but he could have jumped to that spot and appeared the moment he disappeared from the platform in Endgame from 2010 or 2020 or even 1995... he was old, that's all we really know.  No one saw him sitting there before they saw him vanish as a younger man.  It's possible that two Steves were never "awake" at the same time in the sacred timeline.

We can only work with what they give us.

1 hour ago, Randall Dowling said:

I like the development of the second episode.  Tom Hiddleston is doing great work as the lead and carries the story well.  Looking forward to episode 3!  (thumbsu

There is definitely a story developing here that if we hang on may be the strongest of the three shows thus far.

This was a B+ for me. An improvement over episode 1, but I still feel the show has significant pacing and narrative issues. There was a lot of sitting around and talking at the TVA. And I felt a lot of the action centered around the TVA agents stumbling into trouble without a plan. The last five minutes were exciting, but I wish the rest of the episode had the same level of dramatic tension.

11 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Wouldn't Earth 616 would be the sacred timeline?   The TVA and it's allies are all over the multiverse!! :o