• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+ LOKI (2021)
12 12

794 posts in this topic

Early on they did show Loki was untrustworthy, trying to lie or weasel his way out of his dealings with the TVA (such as the Renaissance Fair scene).  Over time he gets drawn into Sylvie as 'himself' and starts to see things differently...again, too quick an arc but I think it was there.

I enjoyed the show a lot.

I was amused by Loki's affection for himself but there was no romance.

LOKI did not feature a romantic couple. 

There was no romance in LOKI. 

On 7/20/2021 at 3:42 PM, TupennyConan said:

I enjoyed the show a lot.

I was amused by Loki's affection for himself but there was no romance.

LOKI did not feature a romantic couple. 

There was no romance in LOKI. 

How can you say there was no romance in Loki? A major plot point of this whole series is that our Loki finally finds true love. Every hero in an MCU film/show gets a power-up. Loki getting a heart(like the Grinch) was his power-up. We literally saw Loki and Sylvie's love for each other was so strong that it caused a nexus event during an apocalypse in Episode 4. They kissed (maybe the first REAL kiss for either) in Episode 6. What do you want, an 80's style sex scene with cheesy pop music?

On 7/20/2021 at 4:59 PM, @therealsilvermane said:

How can you say there was no romance in Loki? A major plot point of this whole series is that our Loki finally finds true love. Every hero in an MCU film/show gets a power-up. Loki getting a heart(like the Grinch) was his power-up. We literally saw Loki and Sylvie's love for each other was so strong that it caused a nexus event during an apocalypse in Episode 4. They kissed (maybe the first REAL kiss for either) in Episode 6. What do you want, an 80's style sex scene with cheesy pop music?

I want romance. Logical plot points alone will never count, no matter how well calculated.

Thanks for asking.

But wait.

I loved the show - that's the romance.

Edited by TupennyConan
alone

On 7/20/2021 at 4:59 PM, @therealsilvermane said:

They made a show about the God of Mischief with no mischief in it.  

Not saying it was not entertaining at times, and did have some good moments, but they did. Also Loki falling for himself was a funny concept,  but it got old and felt out of character by the end.

On 7/20/2021 at 8:59 AM, 1Cool said:

Ugh - that last episode kind of sucked :(  Ep 4 & 5 were so good on a bunch of levels that I feel extra disappointed with how the series ended.  I really hate how they seem to have morphed the male Loki into a love sick lap dog - so out of character for him that is just seems annoying.  I'll of course watch the second season but a good 1st episode will be necessary to wash the last episode out of my mind.

It also stuck to the usual Marvel formula. A spooning 💩 villain. What a lame version of Kang. I know they wouldn’t use the real one BUT after just a few minutes my wife goes this guy is really annoying and then he just keep going. It was a time sucking void. 

I loved Loki in the films. Didn’t really like him being wasted on the TVA . The TVA felt too claustrophobic and confined. Not really interested in seeing Loki in a cop show. The other variants of Loki were amusing but I’ve never been a fan of all the multiple timeline realities and time travel  stuff which as soon as I saw the Avengers go back in time in WITHOUT having to use the Time Stone I thought “Oh 💩 here we go”.

Superman The Movie, let me just fly around earth really fast and Turn Back Time like Cher to fix all my problems. zzz

On 7/20/2021 at 5:04 PM, TupennyConan said:

I want romance. Logical plot points alone will never count, no matter how well calculated.

Thanks for asking.

But wait.

I loved the show - that's the romance.

Romance in fiction can take many forms, especially if it involves a character like Loki.

When Sylvie plants that spontaneous kiss on Loki towards the end of the season finale, it didn't come out of nowhere. The series had been practically building towards it since Episode 3. Maybe even before when Groundhog Day Sif tells Loki he will always be alone and foreshadows what's to come. Unlike Wanda and Vision who we just assumed fell in love and had a strong relationship at the beginning of Infinity War, we see Loki and Sylvie spend real time together on Lamentis. They even have a first date on the luxury train where they have a real conversation, maybe the first real conversation that either of them has ever had with anyone because no one, including themselves, has ever given them a chance. We see them almost experience the end of their world together on Lamentis where their awakened affection for one another is strong enough to create a nexus event during an apocalypse. Perhaps Loki's feelings for Sylvie are stronger than hers for him, but she definitely returns it in kind when she kisses Loki after he essentially tells her he cares for her, which probably nobody has ever said to her ever in her fugitive nomad life. And probably what it took to get to this place was that it involved a male and female variant of the same person.

It was a romance, and maybe the best romance (in terms of seeing it blossom from first meeting to first kiss) so far in the MCU. Better than Wanda and Vision's because we never really saw them fall in love before Infinity War (and WandaVision was more about making a married life work than a romance). Better than Scott and Hope because she was just so mean to him the whole movie.

Edited by @therealsilvermane

On 7/20/2021 at 9:31 PM, @therealsilvermane said:

It was a romance, and maybe the best romance 

It's cool that you enjoyed this part of the show. I hope everyone else did too.

For me, there was no romance. In other words, at no time did I believe the two leads had genuine romantic feelings for one another. 

I do not attribute this to the writing. I attribute it to the actors.  

On 7/20/2021 at 7:58 PM, Mephisto said:

What a lame version of Kang. I know they wouldn’t use the real one BUT after just a few minutes my wife goes this guy is really annoying and then he just keep going. It was a time sucking void.

...I’ve never been a fan of all the multiple timeline realities and time travel  stuff which as soon as I saw the Avengers go back in time in WITHOUT having to use the Time Stone I thought “Oh 💩 here we go”.

Superman The Movie, let me just fly around earth really fast and Turn Back Time like Cher to fix all my problems. zzz

I agree with all of this.

On 7/21/2021 at 6:03 AM, TupennyConan said:

It's cool that you enjoyed this part of the show. I hope everyone else did too.

For me, there was no romance. In other words, at no time did I believe the two leads had genuine romantic feelings for one another. 

I do not attribute this to the writing. I attribute it to the actors.  

The kiss between the 2 was so lame and unearned.

On 7/21/2021 at 6:52 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

The kiss between the 2 was so lame and unearned.

It didn't work at all. Perhaps the director bears responsibility? Beats me. The actors didn't do anything to convince me their characters had actual affection for each other. & love? lollollol 

On 7/21/2021 at 7:04 AM, TupennyConan said:

It didn't work at all. Perhaps the director bears responsibility? Beats me. The actors didn't do anything to convince me their characters had actual affection for each other. & love? lollollol 

Episode 6 was both poorly written and directed IMO. As I mentioned before, the actor for Kang/Immortus is good, but his character in this season was not.

On 7/21/2021 at 7:10 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Episode 6 was both poorly written and directed IMO. As I mentioned before, the actor for Kang/Immortus is good, but his character in this season was not.

That hour long desk scene was only made worse by the droll actor jumping up on it.

On 7/22/2021 at 6:35 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Coincidence. Kinda like the Infinity Saga being 3,000 minutes.

And then someone went back and checked the details behind that social media story and it turned out to be inaccurate.

emotion01.gif.921b113fe2d0a17f87f7ffc2dc73d91d.gif