• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+ LOKI (2021)
12 12

794 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, Bird said:

I liked Majors but he wasn't exactly Kang. I hope and expect that the way he portrays that character will be very different from He Who Remains; I liked when they asked what he was afraid of he thought and answered "me". I expect a more ferocious aggressive person who won't be lounging about at this guy did; it will be alpha male posing and posturing and fighting and shooting. Hopefully purple/blue as well like Nebula.

In the comics, at least at one point, wasn't it speculated that Dr Doom was also Kang/Immortus/Rama Tut/Nathaniel Richards/etc? That would be a nice backdoor to bring Doom in.

Kang isn't actually blue and purple it's his time travel suit. Doom wasn't supposed to be Nathaniel Richards, but was potentially an ancestor like Reed and Sue. His origin is complicated and never totally sussed out in any one interpretation because of all the time travel/multiverse shenanigans.

And btw... like I once mentioned, I sold off my 1st Kang's when raising money for a house.

I know it is worth 5-6x what I paid for it... but if the character is going to get this cool.  I might want to buy a copy back.. lol 

5 minutes ago, AJLewandoski said:

Kang isn't actually blue and purple it's his time travel suit. Doom wasn't supposed to be Nathaniel Richards, but was potentially an ancestor like Reed and Sue. His origin is complicated and never totally sussed out in any one interpretation because of all the time travel/multiverse shenanigans.

Yes I have heard people tell that kang  is not that color but I don’t exactly like that interpretation even if it’s correct. But if he’s in that suit that would be fine by me. I think he has a great face for kang regardless

I’ve also heard that there are two Nathaniel Richards, it does get very crazy. I think it’s got to be the most complicated character in comics. Maybe Donna Troy is as tough to explain as well?

Edited by Bird

31 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

And btw... like I once mentioned, I sold off my 1st Kang's when raising money for a house.

I know it is worth 5-6x what I paid for it... but if the character is going to get this cool.  I might want to buy a copy back.. lol 

What grade do u want?

1 hour ago, Wolverinex said:

Marvel did us a HUGE solid doing this episode.... my friends and family who didn't know Kang were not as impressed but everybody who knew who he was pretty much went crazy the moment Jonathan Majors walked out. And he killed it.

I have never had this much fun collecting comics since I was a tween ~ 40 years ago.  Actually, it's better than being a tween, because, this time, I know what I'm doing and I have money.

4 hours ago, fantastic_four said:

I read through quite a bit of that, but I saw no explanation for why Immortus and Kang would have different names.  Do they have different names because it was a ret-con to merge the two characters together, or did someone give another reason at some point?

I don’t have to explain it! :facepalm:

Read the material I pointed out & you’ll find out. Enjoy it. There’s a lot of Kang stories out there. Or google it if you want the short answer.

This is where I thought the show was taking us as a secondary villain.

Loki director, Kate Herron, revealed that a fight scene with Miss Minutes was cut from the first season.

In an interview with Marvel, Herron dove a bit deeper into the discussion on Miss Minutes. The writers wanted to keep the character around and had to discover a way to do that. Head writer, Michael Waldron, chimed in that it would be fun to take a seemingly innocent looking character and transform that into something terrifying. Even further, Herron talked about how there was a fight scene with Miss Minutes that got the axe. See below to read Herron's full statement:

"Early on in the scripts, we all were definitely united on, ‘We've got to keep Miss Minutes in the story somehow...that devil on the shoulder and trying to tempt both Loki and Sylvie. It was fun that you got a sense of there's something a bit more sinister going on here with her. We always had a version where [Loki and Sylvie] kept meeting her at the Citadel. At one point, we had a fight scene with Miss Minutes in the Citadel; we had all kinds of stuff [for her]."

6 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Episode 6's initial title revealed:

Hide contents

Exposition

I was fairly excited to see Kang, and then the entire episode went on for far too long. Didn't feel like Kang.

I I think he was just portrayed as a bumbling old man in this episode but he will have a very different personality when he shows up as the Conqueror.  Can't wait. 

1 minute ago, Wolverinex said:

I I think he was just portrayed as a bumbling old man in this episode but he will have a very different personality when he shows up as the Conqueror.  Can't wait. 

He didn't appear old. He also didn't appear intelligent, aloof, or like a guy that would stop dozens of himself just to keep a single timeline intact. He was a ditzy wannabe Joker, it seemed.

14 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

He didn't appear old. He also didn't appear intelligent, aloof, or like a guy that would stop dozens of himself just to keep a single timeline intact. He was a ditzy wannabe Joker, it seemed.

He was messing around.   And probably insane

15 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Have you seen lovecraft country?  He is a very different actor in that.... he has a lot of range and will put it to good use playing the kang variants