• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+ LOKI (2021)
12 12

794 posts in this topic

On 7/22/2021 at 7:01 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Including credits, isn't it literally 4 minutes shy of 3,000...?

The Russo Brothers Shut Down That Rumor About The MCU's Total Runtime

So the theory is that the popular line from Endgame is in fact the integer it is as a fun reference and wink towards the runtime of the entire Infinity Saga and the MCU up to this point. Yet, as fun as this is, The Russo Brothers have shut down this rumored connection. Addressing it, Joe Russo said:

"That is absolutely coincidental. We're not that smart."

The other thing is that by my calculations and based on the runtimes on IMDb, with the addition of Spider-Man: Far From Home’s 129 minutes, the MCU totals out at 2,996 minutes, 4 minutes shy of 3,000. That’s close enough they really should throw a 4-minute deleted scene back into Far From Home. Either way, it’s cool, but apparently not planned.

On 7/22/2021 at 7:46 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I was saying that it was also a coincidence...

At times these fans want to phase mythology into reality with anything they can latch onto.

On 7/22/2021 at 7:52 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I said that they were both coincidences. Not sure why you're comin' at me? ???

What are you on about? Nobody is accusing you of anything.

I thought we were just chatting about the topic. No need to defend anything. (shrug)

On 7/22/2021 at 8:02 AM, Bosco685 said:

What are you on about? Nobody is accusing you of anything.

I thought we were just chatting about the topic. No need to defend anything. (shrug)

All of the elaboration is overkill. I don't care that much about it. It was just a comparison. :(

On 7/22/2021 at 8:05 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

All of the elaboration is overkill. I don't care that much about it. It was just a comparison. :(

Nothing to explain. We were having a discussion. Not an inquisition of your opinions or beliefs.

emotion01.gif.0782a6df8ec4ba343ca7295dcf401879.gif

On 7/20/2021 at 7:58 PM, Mephisto said:

Superman The Movie, let me just fly around earth really fast and Turn Back Time like Cher to fix all my problems. zzz

what they are now selling is that this scene was a visualization of Superman flying so fast as to travel back in time and not ACTUALLY reverse spin the Earth. Not sure I am buying (feels like a No-Prize answer), but that is what is now being sold with regards to that scene.

On 7/20/2021 at 9:31 PM, @therealsilvermane said:

but she definitely returns it in kind when she kisses Loki after he essentially tells her he cares for her,

or she tricked him and used his affection to her advantage to lull him in before stabbing him in the back

(shrug)

On 7/22/2021 at 1:58 PM, Bird said:

or she tricked him and used his affection to her advantage to lull him in before stabbing him in the back

(shrug)

There was no advantage in kissing Loki and then tempadding him back to the TVA. Doing so, she was then alone with Kang. She essentially double saved Loki but also got rid so he wouldn't stop her from killing Kang. The affection she felt for Loki is real. It wouldn't have created a nexus in an apocalypse on Lamentis if it wasn't real.

Loki Director Says Kang Debut Drew Inspiration From Immortus

The live-action series had a lot of surprises for fans in that finale episode, including the debut of He Who Remains (Jonathan Majors), a version of none other than Kang the Conqueror. There was a lot of He Who Remains' appearance that fueled speculation, including whether or not the character was inspired by Immortus, the older and world-weary version of Kang from the comics. During a recent appearance on ComicBook.com's Phase Zero podcast, Loki director Kate Herron teased as much — and also revealed other unique influences upon the character.

"He definitely drew inspiration from him," Herron explained. "But it's kind of, I suppose, a bit like Sylvie in our show — it's an original version of the character for the show. But yeah, but we definitely drew inspiration from him. I mean, we even have a reference in the costume. It's very subtle, obviously like with the colors on his chest. Oh, but the costume is a fun one to talk about as well. Christine, my costume designer, she kind of pulled inspiration from across multiple areas. Because obviously he's a character that exists outside of space and time. But at the same time, obviously I think the pandemic might have affected it because we're all living at home. And so it's kind of like lounge-wear as well that he's wearing. Which is kind of fun, but yeah, because he's just chilling out in his office, but anyway."

Herron also revealed her involvement in the casting process for Majors, who has already been confirmed to debut in the upcoming Ant-man and the Wasp: Quantumania.

"With the casting, it was me, the studio and [Quantumania director] Peyton [Reed], and we just kind of spoke about who we thought would be cool," Herron revealed. "And Jonathan Majors was someone that we were all massively excited by. So yeah, I was kind of like, 'How am I in this conversation?' But this is great, just because it's such a massive decision for Kevin Feige and his team. But I was very grateful to be at the table with them."

On 7/20/2021 at 2:42 PM, TupennyConan said:

I enjoyed the show a lot.

I was amused by Loki's affection for himself but there was no romance.

LOKI did not feature a romantic couple. 

There was no romance in LOKI. 

you must be a joy during Valentine's Day