• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THOR 4: LOVE AND THUNDER directed by Taika Waititi (11/5/21)
9 9

960 posts in this topic

On 4/19/2022 at 8:12 AM, Larryw7 said:

I loved Ragnarok. I know people thought it was too comedic, but the comedy worked for me and the whole movie looked like a Jack Kirby comic book come to life. This doesn't look as great. Except for Jane. That last shot may have sold the movie.

I liked it because it was different in that way.  I'd never imagined it as being anything other than a most everything dies, very dark, and relentlessly intense story. May not have been true to the mythos, but entertaining.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 4/30/2022 at 12:13 AM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I bet there will be one that we'll all see literally right before DS2.

I can't see the reasoning, but the Fiege universe is usually pretty astute, and creating, and following the anticipation to one of their movie's. 

I for one don't feel flooded by MCU offerings.   The silver lining to the pandemic?

On 5/2/2022 at 1:47 AM, Microchip said:

I for one don't feel flooded by MCU offerings.   The silver lining to the pandemic?

I guess you are ignoring all of the D+ shows? I believe that the MCU has put out more hours of content over the past 2 years than the 5 years beforehand.

On 5/2/2022 at 9:46 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I guess you are ignoring all of the D+ shows? I believe that the MCU has put out more hours of content over the past 2 years than the 5 years beforehand.

Good point.  Depending on your streaming choices, you can miss them.   

I did love the What If series, the rest of them... not so much.   

On 5/22/2022 at 9:49 AM, kimik said:

Saw a trailer before DS2 today. Looks like they are going even harder on the comedy/forced comedy in this film. I am curious to see how it plays out.

I'm expecting a dark edge as they go with the Gorr story line, and in the trailer, they show a dead god.   I'm expecting the film to flip on what we see in the trailer.

On Sunday (May 22), the retired God of Thunder Hemsworth took to social media to remind fans that Love and Thunder’s official trailer premieres Monday, May 23, during the basketball event. Additionally, the actor talked about how proud he is to be a part of Waititi’s film, promising the trailer is poised to "blow [audiences’] minds." Finally, Hemsworth called his part in Love and Thunder an "honor."

Edited by Bosco685

On 5/21/2022 at 7:49 PM, kimik said:

Saw a trailer before DS2 today. Looks like they are going even harder on the comedy/forced comedy in this film. I am curious to see how it plays out.

I'm guessing that the movie will be good, and the representation of Thor will be god-awful, much like Ragnarok. If this is the case, I'll be done with the Thor franchise.

On 5/23/2022 at 7:59 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I'm guessing that the movie will be good, and the representation of Thor will be god-awful, much like Ragnarok. If this is the case, I'll be done with the Thor franchise.

I was done after Ragnarok. That wasn't the Thor they setup in the other movies and the humor was very cringe.

On 5/23/2022 at 2:44 PM, D84 said:

I was done after Ragnarok. That wasn't the Thor they setup in the other movies and the humor was very cringe.

Yeah, the humor in Ragnarok was just awful. I mean they made a joke as Asgard was destroyed - maybe the worst joke I ever seen in a movie.  And this looks more of the same.