• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THOR 4: LOVE AND THUNDER directed by Taika Waititi (11/5/21)
9 9

960 posts in this topic

On 5/24/2022 at 6:54 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I saw Black Widow, Shang-Chi, and Eternals 0 times in theaters. Just give it a rest.

On 5/24/2022 at 6:53 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Stop bringing this up. I'm honestly annoyed at this point.

If you are going to proclaim your standard is two viewing minimum for superhero films (excluding pandemic threats) then it should be a standard. Right?

On 5/24/2022 at 7:54 AM, Bosco685 said:

If you are going to proclaim your standard is two viewing minimum for superhero films (excluding pandemic threats) then it should be a standard. Right?

The pandemic did not affect my interest in movies. I don't see every movie in theaters.

On 5/24/2022 at 8:02 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

The pandemic did not affect my interest in movies. I don't see every movie in theaters.

What is '2' then? 2x each movie. Right?

On 5/24/2022 at 8:50 AM, Bosco685 said:

What is '2' then? 2x each movie. Right?

2 times for every movie that I want to see, depending on whether or not my 2 groups both want to see whichever movie it is. For example, I only saw Logan once, because my dad took me to see all of the X-Men movies when I was a kid, and my mom had not seen any of them.

On 5/24/2022 at 8:58 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

2 times for every movie that I want to see, depending on whether or not my 2 groups both want to see whichever movie it is. For example, I only saw Logan once, because my dad took me to see all of the X-Men movies when I was a kid, and my mom had not seen any of them.

:whatthe: :shiftyeyes:

Whattttt!

:baiting:

On 5/24/2022 at 12:36 AM, Larryw7 said:

Looks pretty good for a rom com.

+1

This is exactly what I was expecting from Taika...Ragnarok v2.0. A film that doesn't take itself too seriously and is fun to watch...visually appealing, action, good vibe sound track, and Taika's silly humor.

I'm intrigued by Bale's inclusion and what his performance will bring to the table though...haven't been following this closely and didn't know he was in it!

On 5/25/2022 at 8:18 PM, Bosco685 said:

Some have pointed out that even in the trailer, Gorr has multiple looks.  The theory is that the image above is Gorr before he acquires the Necrosword, and that this one shows what it's doing to him (increased power / descent into madness).

gorr_the_god_butcher.jpg?h=8ae77a5a

If the theory is true, it's possible that he reaches some kind of ultimate form by the end of the film, something closer to his look in the comics.

On 5/25/2022 at 7:24 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Some have pointed out that even in the trailer, Gorr has multiple looks.  The theory is that the image above is Gorr before he acquires the Necrosword, and that this one shows what it's doing to him (increased power / descent into madness).

gorr_the_god_butcher.jpg?h=8ae77a5a

If the theory is true, it's possible that he reaches some kind of ultimate form by the end of the film, something closer to his look in the comics.

So I have posted several times how I don't like Gorr not being comic accurate.  BUTT...

...it's starting to grow on me.  If he is comic accurate or not, the character looks pretty good.

***However, I do like this theory

On 5/26/2022 at 11:31 AM, Artboy99 said:

Ragnarok was fun to watch, but my worry is they push things even further. I dislike it when they make my heroes into goofballs for required/ timely humor. Thor has been a goofball the last few films. He was at his peak in Infinity War. I absolutely love these scenes:

I don't disagree. I fully expect this to be a very goofy movie...and am managing my expectations accordingly. I'll watch it, on the TV....

On 5/26/2022 at 9:31 AM, Artboy99 said:

Ragnarok was fun to watch, but my worry is they push things even further. I dislike it when they make my heroes into goofballs for required/ timely humor. Thor has been a goofball the last few films. He was at his peak in Infinity War. I absolutely love these scenes:

But how else is he supposed to deal with the traumatic experience of losing his family?

Aren't you supposed to laugh and shrug it off and avoid it at all costs?

On 5/26/2022 at 11:47 AM, The Meta said:

But how else is he supposed to deal with the traumatic experience of losing his family?

Aren't you supposed to laugh and shrug it off and avoid it at all costs?

His interaction with Rocket was emotionally compelling, and it's unfortunate that they made Rocket quip to himself directly afterwards. Sure, Rocket's usually a snarky humorous ball of furry levity, but in both GotG movies he also exhibited seriousness when it was called for.

Imagine this: Thor stops talking, and instead of humorously saying, "I could lose a lot", he says it with seriousness and looks at Groot. How much more heartstrings-pulling would Groot turning into dust in Wakanda have been?

Edited by theCapraAegagrus

On 5/26/2022 at 9:51 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

His interaction with Rocket was emotionally compelling, and it's unfortunate that they made Rocket quip to himself directly afterwards. Sure, Rocket's usually a snarky humorous ball of furry levity, but in both GotG movies he also exhibited seriousness when it was called for.

Imagine this: Thor stops talking, and instead of humorously saying, "I could lose a lot", he says it with seriousness and looks at Groot. How much more heartstrings-pulling would Groot turning into dust in Wakanda have been?

I firmly believe Marvel had angry emails about being made sad by the whole thing

You take a moment to really dig into whats happened to Thor over the course of, what 15 years?, you notice his life is extremely tragic.

Arrogant douchecanoe reduced to tragic hero.

People LOATHE feeling their own sadness, with how society is structured now, wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if complaints are the cause of goofy stupid humor being injected into the franchise