• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

8,079 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, LDarkseid1 said:

I remember when Gator was asking I think around $800K for his 5.0. Don’t think it was this copy. Well I hope he held onto it.

It was only a few months ago that Heritage couldn't get $1.3mil for the 6.5 copy they were offering.

8 minutes ago, october said:

The market for key 9.8's is now completely separate from non-keys/non-9.8/reality. I am not shocked by ANY top end key price anymore. I mean, why not? Jordan rookies with a 300-400 pop in PSA 10 have sold dozens of times for $200k-750k. Why not for a unicorn in grade like this?

Please don't take my non-shock as endorsement though. I think this market is completely insane, totally inflated and irrational. Just not shocked anymore. 

I know, I get it. I was more shocked by the $90K for a Surfer #4 than I was by the MS5. 

3 minutes ago, Crowzilla said:

It was only a few months ago that Heritage couldn't get $1.3mil for the 6.5 copy they were offering.

That did sell eventually though right? Or was there a 6.0 that sold? I can't remember.

Edited by LDarkseid1

2 minutes ago, LordRahl said:

I know, I get it. I was more shocked by the $90K for a Surfer #4 than I was by the MS5. 

You and I have been around too long for these prices to make any sense. I'm too bitter over the 9.8's I sold off in the past for 10% of these prices to think straight. lol

1 minute ago, october said:

You and I have been around too long for these prices to make any sense. I'm too bitter over the 9.8's I sold off in the past for 10% of these prices to think straight. lol

You and I both brother, you and I both. I regret EVERY book I've sold in the last 20 years. Hundreds of thousands of dollars left on the table :facepalm:

3 minutes ago, LordRahl said:

You and I both brother, you and I both. I regret EVERY book I've sold in the last 20 years. Hundreds of thousands of dollars left on the table :facepalm:

I think there's many many people on these boards who are equally hurting haha!! It sucks man!!

1 minute ago, LordRahl said:

Yes. Well into six figures for me as well. 

The reality is though, I needed the money to keep buying/selling/collecting. Hard to continually acquire good stuff without also selling some of the good stuff...unless you are a trust funder, which sadly I am not. 

37 minutes ago, october said:

Yes. Well into six figures for me as well. 

The reality is though, I needed the money to keep buying/selling/collecting. Hard to continually acquire good stuff without also selling some of the good stuff...unless you are a trust funder, which sadly I am not. 

to feel better and climb down of the ledge, figure out how many of the books you sold are now selling for LESS than years ago. or the same. (hint;  DCs)  Takes SOME of the sting out of letting stupid 9.8 Marvel #1s go for $100 a pop years ago, and see them go for $1800 now.  Im talking to YOU She-Hulk, Nova and the rest of your common as dirt spawn younger guys pay big $$ for today.

1 hour ago, october said:

The market for key 9.8's is now completely separate from non-keys/non-9.8/reality. I am not shocked by ANY top end key price anymore. I mean, why not? Jordan rookies with a 300-400 pop in PSA 10 have sold dozens of times for $200k-750k. Why not for a unicorn in grade like this?

Please don't take my non-shock as endorsement though. I think this market is completely insane, totally inflated and irrational. Just not shocked anymore. 

If you think that the comic market is "completely insane, totally inflated and irrational", you might want to check out the digital collectibles market. $1M for tec 27 feels like a STEAL in comparison for such a historic and rare book. We got narrowly outbid but are still looking for one for a comic DAO. DM if you have one, and/or AC #1. Also looking for Superman #1, Batman #1 and a few other golden age keys. Non-restored only. Thanks!

Edited by PUNKS