• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

7,947 posts in this topic

On 3/4/2022 at 3:52 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

What I'm suggesting to you is IMO you would have gotten even better results in the Fall 2021 cycle.

Damn dude, twist the knife much?

On 3/3/2022 at 10:00 PM, tth2 said:

Damn dude, twist the knife much?

Yeah, I didn’t start out trying to say that. Sorry @mikefeen. My initial message was I see signs that we may have reached the high water mark and that comics may become more affordable soon. I see that my words were poorly chosen and my post turned into something it was never meant to be. Apologies to all

On 3/3/2022 at 9:07 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Yeah, I didn’t start out trying to say that. Sorry @mikefeen. My initial message was I see signs that we may have reached the high water mark and that comics may become more affordable soon. I see that my words were poorly chosen and my post turned into something it was never meant to be. Apologies to all

No worries on my end.  (thumbsu

I’m going to say $130K for the coverless Tec 27. I think it sells for close to $200K if it was a perfect/nice page coverless copy. This one is missing a small piece out of page 2-7, which slightly affects story. Think that will affect the potential sale, despite being complete.

I’m also super interested to see what this beautiful Tec 33 goes for.

8D8A09CF-A363-4F40-9388-A9852675C98C.jpeg

On 3/3/2022 at 11:36 AM, lou_fine said:

Not necessarily a good sign for collectors who might be thinking of potentially selling some of their books during this rather insane marketplace because we all know about the law of supply and demand.  hm

Especially once more books slowly snails their way out of the almost one-year wait to get through the CGC grading factory plus apparently another year on top of that if you want to squeeze it through their CCS pressing maximization machine first.  :devil:  :taptaptap:  :taptaptap:

It’s not a one year wait for the valuable books.  Just economy.  The valuable tiers come back lickety split compared to the weaker stuff.

On 3/3/2022 at 9:45 PM, Aman619 said:

It’s not a one year wait for the valuable books.  Just economy.  The valuable tiers come back lickety split compared to the weaker stuff.

Well, from all of their junk email message that I've been receiving every other day, it looks like the fastest way to get your books back is to send them through a private signing process as these books get sent to the front of the pressing and grading queue.  hm

:idea:  No need to worry about Economy or Walkthrough using this method.  Just pack up all my copies of GA books and and look for the cheapest no name creator to sign the books and you'll get them all back within a couple of monthswith one of those nice bright yellow labels, and all at a guaranteed price of only $50 for grading and an additional $20 for pressing.  lol  :takeit:

Hence, no longer any need to worry about some egregious uncapped 3% of current market value to get your book pressed and then another 3% to get them graded.  :censored:  

Edited by lou_fine

On 3/3/2022 at 8:07 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

My initial message was I see signs that we may have reached the high water mark and that comics may become more affordable soon.

Clearly the case since this book here went for a piddly $32K and wasn't able to crack into the $40K's like the Transformers 1 and so many others last year:  :tonofbricks:   lol

https://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fdefault.asp%3FFocused%3D1%26pg%3D55%26x%3D38%26y%3D11%23Item_1546004&id=1546004&itemType=0#detail

RAD5F3272022112_111116.jpg

Edited by lou_fine

On 3/4/2022 at 8:37 AM, lou_fine said:

Clearly the case since this book here went for a piddly $32K and wasn't able to crack into the $40K's like the Transformers 1 and so many others last year:  :tonofbricks:   lol

https://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fdefault.asp%3FFocused%3D1%26pg%3D55%26x%3D38%26y%3D11%23Item_1546004&id=1546004&itemType=0#detail

That white spine would really bother me - in 9.4 let alone this grade.

On 3/3/2022 at 1:54 PM, path4play said:

To quote Billy Joel, You may be wrong but you may be right.  If so, that sinks?   Thanks all for reply - sounds like its a re-balancing issue.  Hopefully my books re-appear at later auction.

Can I add to this thread new major pet peeve?

Why not.

I've just missed by being under bidder on a number of "hole in my run" books from the Promise collection.  Now I seen many of them as "Make Offer to Owner" at twice the price!

Did the people that bought "my" missing books really want them - or are they just looking for flips?

What are the odds these ever come back to market at a lower than original sales price I wonder.

On 3/4/2022 at 7:36 PM, Flex Mentallo said:

That white spine would really bother me - in 9.4 let alone this grade.

+1

How does a mis-wrapped book like that even get a 9.9?  I thought at the 9.9 and 10.0 level, CGC does take QP into account.

On 3/4/2022 at 5:43 AM, path4play said:

Why not.

I've just missed by being under bidder on a number of "hole in my run" books from the Promise collection.  Now I seen many of them as "Make Offer to Owner" at twice the price!

Did the people that bought "my" missing books really want them - or are they just looking for flips?

I have been told that they bought them solely because of the back-story that Heritage concocted.

On 3/4/2022 at 3:37 AM, lou_fine said:

When did this trend of chasing newsstand editions start? I used to collect moderns back in the 80s—in fact, I had a copy of Thor #337—but I don't remember anyone back then expressing a preference for newsstand editions over direct market editions.

Edited by jimbo_7071

On 3/4/2022 at 6:43 AM, path4play said:

Why not.

What are the odds these ever come back to market at a lower than original sales price I wonder.

yes :foryou:

why not indeed

it's "likely" an automatic Heritage setting that the new owner has not disabled :pullhair:

Odds are good to great imho :popcorn:when copies return to market in the short term due to buyers remorse

On 3/4/2022 at 10:03 AM, MrBedrock said:

I have been told that they bought them solely because of the back-story that Heritage concocted.

Sometimes sarcasm includes a grain of truth. 

But it hasn't been established that Heritage concocted the story. 

The story is still unverified, however.

Personally, I hope it's true. It is a good story.

On 3/4/2022 at 9:08 AM, jimbo_7071 said:

When did this trend of chasing newsstand editions start? I used to collect moderns back in the 80s—in fact, I had a copy of Thor #337—but I don't remember anyone back then expressing a preference for newsstand editions over direct market editions.

I have always hated the direct sales editions because 1) they are different, and 2) they are ugly.

I don't collect modern books, but if I did, I would avoid direct sales editions completely.

And yes, I have OCD.

On 3/4/2022 at 12:11 PM, Mr. Lady Luck said:

I have always hated the direct sales editions because 1) they are different, and 2) they are ugly.

I don't collect modern books, but if I did, I would avoid direct sales editions completely.

And yes, I have OCD.

(shrug)

From what I remember, the direct market editions look identical except for some B&W artwork (like Spider-Man's face) in the place of the UPC code, is that right?

On 3/4/2022 at 11:15 AM, jimbo_7071 said:

(shrug)

From what I remember, the direct market editions look identical except for some B&W artwork (like Spider-Man's face) in the place of the UPC code, is that right?

They stuck a generic Spiderman head in the UPC code box and changed the box with the price and issue number into an awkward shaped diamond. Both look tacky... like they were afterthoughts... because they were... it's just ugly... :sick: