• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage's Next Event Auction has started posting books !
31 31

8,077 posts in this topic

On 2/14/2023 at 12:16 PM, Gotham Kid said:
On 2/14/2023 at 12:09 PM, Dark Knight said:

Geeze!! This current lineup of books at auction makes me look poor :cry:

Are there even items under 50K in this auction :fear:

Maybe some of the Promise books might hit $50k or under in their 2nd go-around lol

On 2/14/2023 at 11:33 AM, Gotham Kid said:

If the batman 1 7.0 wasn't enough, looks like a Batman 1 8.0 was also added. There are just so MANY juicy books to look at in the next auction. :jawdrop:

All I will say is that if I was the consignor of the Batman 1 7.0 copy and Heritage decides to toss in a CGC 8.0 graded copy into the exact same auction to compete virtually DIRECTLY against my CGC 7.0 graded copy, I would be feeling totally :frustrated:  :mad:  :censored:  :censored:

Edited by lou_fine

Yeah two high graded Bat 1's that are mega key books in the same auction?  I don't think I've seen any auction house do something like this before.  It is usually spread out if an identical copy were to be consigned in or at about the same high grade.  This will definitely be interesting to see how it all plays out.

On 2/14/2023 at 11:40 AM, Gotham Kid said:

the same guys that brought forward the Bat1 8.0 will bring a Supes1 7.0

Is this to be viewed as a negative sign to the impending strength or health of the GA marketplace because the owners want to get ahead of the curve (i.e. be the first ones out the door before there's a log jam) in advance of what they have seen taken place in the SA, BA, and CA marketplaces over the past several months?  hm (shrug)

Edited by lou_fine

On 2/14/2023 at 12:18 PM, Dark Knight said:

Maybe some of the Promise books might hit $50k or under in their 2nd go-around lol

Not exactly sure what collection of books you would be referring to here?  (shrug)

As time has generally shown us here so far to date, the only collection with a hint of that name in it as far as I am aware of is the "Over Promised and Under Delivered" collection.  lol  :(

Edited by lou_fine

On 2/14/2023 at 12:43 PM, midwestfourcolors said:

I mean, the people who are bidding on a 7.0 are probably not really the market for the 8.0...now whoever misses out on the 8.0 might go nuts on the 7.0

Then again, if there was no 8.0 in the same auction, then all of the hype and attention would be on your 7.0 copy to the point that the 8.0 buyers would even be willing to stoop down and go after it thinking it's the best they are going to see in awhile.  hm  :takeit:

Now that there's a 8.0 in the same auction, all of the hype and attention will be diverted to that particular copy over the seemingly unwanted stepchild that your 7.0 copy has now become.  :p  (shrug)

On 2/14/2023 at 11:24 PM, lou_fine said:

The worst part about this whole slabbed book here is that fugly modernistic gimmicky looking label which really doesn't go with the look for a GA book and should drop the bidding down accordingly by a few notches.  

are ppl bidding on labels now ? I'd have it removed immediately after a win ( by Heritage themselves ) if I didn't like it which I don't

Edited by Gotham Kid

On 2/14/2023 at 11:39 PM, lou_fine said:

Well, if the Batman 1 in 7.0 or 8.0 is too far down the line or just too blase for the finicky collector here, then there's always this one here:  :jawdrop:   :jawdrop:

lf?set=path%5B2%2F7%2F5%2F7%2F8%2F27578452%5D&call=url%5Bfile%3Aproduct.chain%5D

My name's not Bob Crestohl so I'll pass

Edited by Gotham Kid