• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's FANTASTIC FOUR (TBD)
8 8

1,115 posts in this topic

On 7/5/2022 at 9:44 AM, D84 said:
On 7/5/2022 at 8:04 AM, Forbush-Man said:

I've never seen Tiptoes, so I had no idea.  (thumbsu

You need to see it. There aren't words to describe the movie.

Life is too short, ain't nobody got time for dat! 

On 7/5/2022 at 12:37 PM, Forbush-Man said:

Life is too short, ain't nobody got time for dat! 

Life is too short, get every laugh you can.

There is scene where they discuss Mathew McCaughey in a circle :censored: with a bunch of little people. 

It is comedy gold.

On 7/5/2022 at 10:55 AM, D84 said:

Life is too short, get every laugh you can.

There is scene where they discuss Mathew McCaughey in a circle :censored: with a bunch of little people. 

It is comedy gold.

I'll do it if someone gives me the time-stamp.  I can just jump to it and watch. 

Makes sense from a business perspective. India has a younger population and is likely to pass China in total population soon.

Edited by kimik

On 7/16/2022 at 1:40 PM, Bosco685 said:

:shiftyeyes:

I don't know anything about them other than what I just read on WIKI. If I had to throw a dart at the notion, it would be that they're both pushing 50. 

On 7/17/2022 at 6:11 AM, TupennyConan said:

I don't know anything about them other than what I just read on WIKI. If I had to throw a dart at the notion, it would be that they're both pushing 50. 

So Disney is going for the geriatric Indian market (67 million males and 71 million females in 2021 )?

Those narrow-minded marketeers.

:nyah:

India doesn’t pay full price for Disney+ from my understanding. Larger population or not it’s probably not a as large a money maker as you would think. It might make their stock go up however. I can’t believe they would do that however. That would be an epic mistake even for they way things have been going for Phase 4.

On 7/17/2022 at 9:35 AM, Callaway29 said:

It's 100% part of their formula now (active inclusiveness), but how/why would they trash Krasinski. From a speculation standpoint, what demographics are left? American Indian? Eskimo?

Considering neither of those demographics you mentioned are terms that have been used for decades now (even in schools), I would say it's a safe bet they won't be marketing to those by name specifically without massive problems :D 

Indigenous peoples covers both groups just fine, though it is also fine to get specific with Inuit/Yupik (I do get what you were saying and nobody is offended, no harm no fowl - I just found it amusing when in a post regarding inclusiveness so figured it best to post a clarifier for everyones benefit). 

One a side note: There is a massive push right now in tech and media for inclusiveness of Indigenous peoples, as they are a giant untapped market that requires very specific work to even reach in the first place (let alone to get it right). I can't go into too many details due to NDAs but the projects Facebook/Meta has in development are very impressive with the care they are putting in handling it (as all of it requires working directly with the tribes to translate complex tech terms & concepts correctly, often needing to formulate brand new language and syntax in order to even reach the people). 

Edited by Sauce Dog

On 7/17/2022 at 11:43 AM, Sauce Dog said:

Considering neither of those demographics you mentioned are terms that have been used for decades now (even in schools), I would say it's a safe bet they won't be marketing to those by name specifically without massive problems :D 

Indigenous peoples covers both groups just fine, though it is also fine to get specific with Inuit/Yupik (I do get what you were saying and nobody is offended - but I found it amusing when in a post regarding inclusiveness). 

One a side note: There is a massive push right now in tech and media for inclusiveness of Indigenous peoples, as they are a giant untapped market that requires very specific work to even reach in the first place (let alone to get it right). I can't go into too many details due to NDAs but the projects Facebook/Meta has in development are very impressive with the care they are putting in handling it (as all of it requires working directly with the tribes to translate complex tech terms & concepts correctly, often needing to formulate brand new language and syntax in order to even reach the people). 

For real? If not offended, at a minimum triggered...

On 7/17/2022 at 11:43 AM, Sauce Dog said:

Indigenous peoples covers both groups just fine, though it is also fine to get specific with Inuit/Yupik (I do get what you were saying and nobody is offended, no harm no fowl - I just found it amusing when in a post regarding inclusiveness so figured it best to post a clarifier for everyones benefit). 

What about Eskimo brothers? :shiftyeyes:

If it is Segel, then Marvel effed up again in casting an actor who is too tall just like Wolverine. According to the Marvel Comics Wiki, the Thing is only 6' tall. Segel is 6'4". How can they do this yet again?

https://characterprofile.fandom.com/wiki/The_Thing_(Marvel_Comics)