• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's FANTASTIC FOUR (TBD)
8 8

1,120 posts in this topic

On 8/25/2022 at 7:30 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I will add/say that the homages to pop culture/TV shows were on-point in WV, so that actually does inspire some confidence that the direction has at least a little bit of potential if there's a good --script.

Since the previous Fox FF film was so terrible, there is really no wrong choice of Director to do better, is there? Even another Taika Waititi bromance with forced humour would be better than the last one. I still would not watch it, but it would likely be a better film.

On 8/25/2022 at 5:57 PM, kimik said:

Since the previous Fox FF film was so terrible, there is really no wrong choice of Director to do better, is there?

IIRC, Josh Trank said that Fox really messed with what he had in mind for FF, so I'm not sure if he was the issue with that one. He blasted the theatrical cut on Twitter the week before it even came out. lol

I'm sure Marvel Studios will find a way to f**k it up. That's so odd to say... After Phase 3, you'd have to convince me to be pessimistic. Due to Phase Bore, you'll have to convince me to be optimistic.

Edited by theCapraAegagrus

On 8/26/2022 at 6:51 AM, Bosco685 said:

It will start off really strong, and continue on into Act 2. But then in the end Doctor Doom will admit to Reed Richards he has realized the errors of his ways.

DOOM: "I realize now I hurt many people. I'm sorry!"

RICHARDS: "I know."

DOOM: "I don't understand all my powers. But I'll work to use them for good."

DOOM: "Bye, Reed."

RICHARDS: "Bye, Victor."

And_Scene.gif.8f8b230c4607a0e52d4c69849c88490e.gif

computer-monday.gif.ca633d2cba403b06a7189cfc4de2153d.gif

On 8/26/2022 at 4:51 AM, Bosco685 said:

It will start off really strong, and continue on into Act 2. But then in the end Doctor Doom will admit to Reed Richards he has realized the errors of his ways.

DOOM: "I realize now I hurt many people. I'm sorry!"

RICHARDS: "I know."

DOOM: "I don't understand all my powers. But I'll work to use them for good."

DOOM: "Bye, Reed."

RICHARDS: "Bye, Victor."

And_Scene.gif.8f8b230c4607a0e52d4c69849c88490e.gif

Since we're trying to reduce the suicide rate I'd suggest this idea gets s**tcanned ASAP.

I could be wrong I suppose, but it seems to me that the MCU is in a precarious position with Fantastic Four and X-Men. It's difficult to imagine the general public having positive thoughts about Fantastic Four from the previous films. Many do have positive thoughts about a few of the many X-Men films, but most or all of the memorable characters will need to be re-cast. It therefore seems that the MCU needs to really nail it with their first film for both franchises, and it's been a long time since they nailed anything.