• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's FANTASTIC FOUR (TBD)
8 8

1,115 posts in this topic

On 7/29/2022 at 5:43 PM, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

So I don't understand what change is considered acceptable and what changes aren't (not calling you out specifically...just in general).  So his origin is now Aztec/Incan...so what?

- Nick Fury is black

- Spiderman is played by a bunch of different people (also an animated pig)

- Nobody got angry with Fat Thor

- etc.

I'll be more upset if the movie doesn't do him justice as a character...which I'll wait until I see it.  I understand nostalgia and holding onto what we grew up with but I think we need to be more flexible with change (whether we like it or not).

***Multiverse...I'm sure the perfect Namor exists in one of the universes lol

But there is only one OG Spider-Man and his back story is relatively intact. Multiverse stuff doesn’t count. Fat Thor is still Thor and was done for comedic effect and then he returned to his normal look.  Nick Fury was just a reimagining of a character they didn’t think was iconic enough. But you change the origin of a character, then you’ve changed that character. Imagine Peter Parkers origin story taking place in Oregon. I mean, I’m not rioting about Namor (yet) but there were a few simple things they could have nailed. 

Thank you, Marvel..

3AD31D84-7B44-4F23-BED8-407152DE33B9.gif

On 7/29/2022 at 6:09 PM, media_junkie said:

Damn, that is a close match.  Even has the arched eyebrow thing going on.

Yup, and if they can erase Cavill’s mustache, they can add a widows peak to this dude. Might be cheaper to just glue on some hair.

On 7/29/2022 at 6:43 PM, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

But can he act???

***If it was all looks Victoria Secret models would make up the Avengers teamlol

I don’t know, I think he’s done mostly Korean films. Like the guy they chose for Namor has done mostly Mexican films. But Marvel saw him and said, “This. This is the guy.” 

31E4A413-82B2-4C41-8785-897C79A6DE3E.jpeg

On 7/29/2022 at 12:53 PM, kimik said:
On 7/29/2022 at 11:43 AM, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

***If it was all looks Victoria Secret models would make up the Avengers teamlol

For some reason I do not see anything wrong with that concept.........

Yeah I wouldn't be devastated by that neither <3

3189ae7a53999f2e7de9c35a8884bdc7.jpg

On 7/29/2022 at 8:43 AM, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

So I don't understand what change is considered acceptable and what changes aren't (not calling you out specifically...just in general).  So his origin is now Aztec/Incan...so what?

- Nick Fury is black

- Spiderman is played by a bunch of different people (also an animated pig)

- Nobody got angry with Fat Thor

- etc.

I'll be more upset if the movie doesn't do him justice as a character...which I'll wait until I see it.  I understand nostalgia and holding onto what we grew up with but I think we need to be more flexible with change (whether we like it or not).

***Multiverse...I'm sure the perfect Namor exists in one of the universes lol

Well said, and i am sorry if i come across negatively, i just see no need for the changes. Here is hoping it is great.

It looks like Marvel is going to go with people they know when it comes to directing.  I can't say if this is the correct course of action since they have found success with "new" and "MCU" directors.

***I guess they want people who will stick to the MCU formula for these huge movies