• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI show (TBD)
9 9

547 posts in this topic

On 6/9/2022 at 8:23 PM, bronze_rules said:

The older guy chasing the brat is quit true to reality, if you've ever dealt with brats in public. Having his level of patience is certainly trying. 

The main part I had contention with was Vader letting Obi get away in the fire. Surely, he could have extinguished it, as he did a few moments ago. Unless, perhaps, he didn't want him dead for whatever reason.

I think that Vader is playing with Obi, like a cat plays with a mouse. I also think that when Obi and Qui-Gon finally hook up, his old master will straighten him out. :wishluck:

On 6/9/2022 at 8:23 PM, bronze_rules said:

The older guy chasing the brat is fairly true to reality, if you've ever dealt with brats in public. Having his level of patience is certainly trying.

If it was the only chase scene in the series up to that point, it may not have bothered me, because you are right about an old man chasing a young girl.

However, after the awful chase scene in E1? The 2nd one didn't look realistic to me after the fact.

The fourth episode was the worst so far. Every scene was hard to watch. 
Plot were Tala where trying to pretend she was in a right base was hard to watch.
Plot were 3rd sister was interrogating Leia was hard to watch. I got that feeling that 3rd sister really thought that Obi-wan died and Leia a 10 girl that THEY kidnapped to get Obi-Wan was some kinda rebel leader who knew where they are hiding. Or maybe she was just trying to scare Leia but why?!?
Darth Vader is not a real character!!! :censored: He is like some kinda boogeyman who suddenly appears and the BOO and then leaves.
Who is the lead character in this show?!?

Edited by godzilla43

The way the show made a point to have Obi-Wan talk about his "life" before entering Jedi training, makes me think Reva's beef with the Jedi is that they took her childhood and family away from her. 

What I wish they would have done is confirm Barris Offee became an Inquisitor and make her the Inquisitor we are focusing on. Her beef with the Jedi is already established and a bit more principled (Background). All the knowledge Reva appears to have about the relationships between Jedi and Old Republic powerbrokers would be more believable if it were Barris Offee, as she was a newly-minted Jedi Knight instead of a youngling like many theorize. It would have also allowed for a connective Ahsoka thread.

Offee's betrayal had a deep impact on Ahsoka Tano and the Jedi Order itself. Months after Offee's arrest, Ki-Adi-Mundi supported the idea of executing the fallen Jedi Quinlan Vos, citing Offee's treachery as a sign that the Jedi had a problem with traitors within their own ranks. (luminara) Unduli was shaken by the betrayal of her Padawan, eventually seeking solace by turning her attention to repairing the damage Separatist attacks had brought to Kachirho on the planet Kashyyyk. Ultimately, she spent months preparing for the eventual Battle of Kashyyyk.

Eventually, the Jedi Order fell with the final stage of Darth Sidious' plans for the galaxy, and the Republic was transformed into the tyrannical Galactic Empire. One year into the reign of the Empire, Tano was still haunted by Offee's betrayal and later expressed her belief that while Offee's actions were wrong, she did have a point about the Jedi and the Republic, and that if they had truly listened to her, they might have been able to stop Darth Sidious before it was too late. Listening to what Tano had to say about her former friend, Senator Bail Prestor Organa took it to mean that, unlike people like Offee who focused on the past or those who would focus on the future, they needed to focus on the present.

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 6/10/2022 at 2:12 PM, Browns81 said:

I just want to enjoy Star Wars and the old characters I grew up loving, but Disney is making it so hard.

If you grew up during the OT, the ship has mostly sailed there. Disney is doing its best to move away from the Skywalker saga slowly instead of just ripping the Band-Aid off, which some could argue they should. There is much better storytelling and characters not related to the OT that will eventually make their way to TV or movies. As much as I grew up enjoying it, the Skywalker saga is only a small, albeit important, chapter of what Star Wars is. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 6/10/2022 at 5:27 PM, Browns81 said:

Character consistency would be nice.

Which character, and at which time period? Obi-Wan was a feeble old man who engaged in one of the worst lightsaber battles in the history of Star Wars in ANH. 

On 6/10/2022 at 7:11 AM, Grendel72 said:

One of my fav scenes. Obi wan changed his form from form IV ataru to form III soresu by the time he faced darth maul...from an aggressive style to a defensive one... but no less powerful. Hope they can show this evolution where he finds balance in the force. 

The funny part about all of the chosen one talk is that it was not Anakin, it was not Luke, it was Palpatine's grand-daughter. lol 

On 6/10/2022 at 5:27 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Which character, and at which time period? Obi-Wan was a feeble old man who engaged in one of the worst lightsaber battles in the history of Star Wars in ANH. 

There should be a documentary made by someone talking with Star Wars fans on what they would have done differently

I think it would be hilarious to hear