• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Disney+'s STAR WARS: OBI-WAN KENOBI show (TBD)
9 9

547 posts in this topic

On 6/16/2022 at 2:40 PM, Buzzetta said:

Luke has exhibited that power as well.  I forget though if when he did whether it is now considered canon or not. 

Starkiller was able to do it as well but that is definitely not canon. 

I don't think Luke has done it in canon but considering what we saw in Mando season 2, I'm sure he could.

Vader, Ahsoka and Kylo Ren were not Jedi when they did it. I'm not sure what "canon" means in modern Star Wars anyhow, and I can't get interested in the First Order era even if I did read (and enjoy) the Bloodline novel. I'm still a big fan of what they now call "Legends", both comics and novels. I've really enjoyed Clone Wars, Rebels and all of the D+ shows also. I've more or less decided to not get hung up on "canon" anymore and treat everything new as "What If?" stories.

The most difficult thing to accept in the Obi-Wan show, for me, is that Vader allowed someone who knew he was Anakin Skywalker to live even a moment beyond first opportunity.

On 6/16/2022 at 7:55 AM, jsilverjanet said:

I wish someone would take the time to cut together a video montage of everything GREAT we've been able to see since Return of the Jedi. there is just so much but we tend to focus on all the BAD and there's been plenty but so much good. Yesterday was an excellent example, I get everyone is hung up on Leia or Reva etc but there was so much good in that episode like you said Anakin and Obi-Wan. If you go back to the prequels and look at Clone Wars and Revenge that's fantastic stuff but it's easy to focus on the missteps (Jar Jar as an example)

For someone who's never read the novels, read the comics or watched all the shows (I'm working on Clone Wars final season, then Rebels) I could not ask for anything more

I enjoyed the prequels. Qui Gon, Maul, the senate drama, the clones, Dooku and Grevious

On 6/16/2022 at 6:57 PM, mtracy64 said:

The most difficult thing to accept in the Obi-Wan show, for me, is that Vader allowed someone who knew he was Anakin Skywalker to live even a moment beyond first opportunity.

I agree with this 100%

Solid episode.

Really enjoyed seeming the flashback sequence. Story has been getting better as well. Leia is also growing a bit on me.

On the downside, the sets also feel a bit cheap at times. The production value is shockingly sub par at times.

On 6/16/2022 at 6:31 PM, media_junkie said:

I agree with this 100%

Are we sure he knew that she knew who he was?

Even if that was the case, he’s calculating enough to know that in keeping her around, she’ll eventually lead him to Obi Wan… and being as powerful as he is, knows she’s no threat to him. 

I really liked the flash back scenes. Anakin is clearly the superior swordsman and his attacks are brutal and you can see the concern on Obi-Wan’s face that if he doesn’t successfully defend himself, Anakin will surely kill him. Or at the very least, we are not 100% certain he won’t.  We already know the outcome but they manage to bring tension to this duel. 

On 6/16/2022 at 7:24 PM, The Meta said:

I enjoyed the prequels. Qui Gon, Maul, the senate drama, the clones, Dooku and Grevious

All of the Sith were awesome in the prequels. Maul, Tyranus, Sidious (, Vader). Grevious was also sick, as you mention.

Jar-Jar and dialogue are the only 2 things I don't like about 'em. Revenge of the Sith is a Top-3 Star Wars movie for me.

On 6/17/2022 at 4:28 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

All of the Sith were awesome in the prequels. Maul, Tyranus, Sidious (, Vader). Grevious was also sick, as you mention.

Jar-Jar and dialogue are the only 2 things I don't like about 'em. Revenge of the Sith is a Top-3 Star Wars movie for me.

Revenge was awesome

One of the things that didn't fit was Windu. He either had too much screen time or not enough. I lean towards not enough, they really should have fleshed that character out

I thought the lightsaber battle between Vader and the Third Sister was great.  That thing that confused me though, and maybe I missed this part, but how did the Grand Inquisitor survive?  Apparently everyone is able to survive getting a lightsaber through the stomach because of their "Plot Armor".

On 6/17/2022 at 6:48 AM, The Commissioner said:

I thought the lightsaber battle between Vader and the Third Sister was great.  That thing that confused me though, and maybe I missed this part, but how did the Grand Inquisitor survive?  Apparently everyone is able to survive getting a lightsaber through the stomach because of their "Plot Armor".

Yeah, looks like Reva's gonna survive too.

All around good episode. Vader is pure basashery on steroids.

Leia is insufferable... 10-year old trouble-shoots and repairs a sabotaged electrical system to a hangar door for a secret base on a planet she's never been to before. Well, she did climb trees before, so that counts as experience. 

Adult: Asking how's it going.

Leia: "Stop talking."

On 6/17/2022 at 9:48 AM, The Commissioner said:

He mentioned revenge is a powerful force for staying alive, but I also think his race has two stomachs (no joke). I don't know why I know that, but I'm pretty sure that's the case.

I really enjoyed the flashback scenes in this episode. I didn't see it mentioned, but Obi-Wan's line about Anakin remaining a Padawan shows what Anakin meant in Attack of the Clones when he told Padme that Obi-Wan was holding him back. Presumably, that flashback scene happened soon before this scene.

On 6/17/2022 at 10:23 AM, The Commissioner said:

I'm a little disappointed at the direction that the show went with Leia.  I was really hoping that the show would revolve around Obi-Wan protecting Luke on Tatooine, but that's just my opinion.

I'm hoping season 2 actually happens and this is the focus. 

Rebels had a brief storyline with Leia, but she was already grown and a badass senator. It was nice seeing what drove her presented in Obi-Wan, but I understand this critique. 

On 6/17/2022 at 9:16 AM, awakeintheashes said:

He mentioned revenge is a powerful force for staying alive, but I also think his race has two stomachs (no joke). I don't know why I know that, but I'm pretty sure that's the case.

why do they need two stomachs?

hm