• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's SPIDER-MAN: NO WAY HOME (2021?)
7 7

1,711 posts in this topic

I managed to avoid most spoilers for this film.  As soon as people starting talking about Tobey and Andrew rumours about two months ago, I removed myself from most comic forums (excluding this one).  I didn't watch a single trailer or TV spot.  I didn't read any articles, click on any links.  Nothing.  All I knew was that Alfred Molina was in it because I saw the poster when buying my ticket a few weeks ago.  And I knew Jamie Foxx was in it because he got billing as an actor on the movie ticket page.  But otherwise, knew squat.

Let me just say, my mind was blown.  Repeatedly.  In terms of quality, this has got to be up there as top 5 Marvel movies.  Just incredibly well done all around.  Props to the writers because that story could not have been easy to piece together, but they pulled it and all it's components off almost flawlessly.

On 12/16/2021 at 11:07 PM, AJLewandoski said:

The whole movie was just :golfclap: I dont know that there's anything they could have added or removed to make it better. 

I do.

The movie lives up to the hype, sure. There's 1 thing that I am disappointed didn't occur, but that's not the movie's fault. There is a handful of things that occur that I think are lame, but IMO it's the best Spider-Man movie.

Please god do not read this unless you saw the movie or want huge spoilers. This is not a joke; You have been warned.

Spoiler

Basically all of the rumors were true. Including Daredevil.

The 1 thing that I wanted to happen, but didn't, is that there is no Sinister Six. That being said, Tom Hardy's Venom showed up in the credits, teasing a run-in with Tom Holland's Spider-Man and maybe creating the real Venom.

The 1 big thing that sucks about this movie is the, 'cast original spell to make the big problem go away', part. Really lame ending there, IMO.

After just 1 viewing, I would give this a 4.7/5.

On 12/17/2021 at 6:43 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Please god do not read this unless you saw the movie or want huge spoilers. This is not a joke; You have been warned.

Reveal hidden contents

Basically all of the rumors were true. Including Daredevil.

The 1 thing that I wanted to happen, but didn't, is that there is no Sinister Six. That being said, Tom Hardy's Venom showed up in the credits, teasing a run-in with Tom Holland's Spider-Man and maybe creating the real Venom.

The 1 big thing that sucks about this movie is the, 'cast original spell to make the big problem go away', part. Really lame ending there, IMO.

After just 1 viewing, I would give this a 4.7/5.

To play devils advocate just a bit

Spoiler

It wasn't the exact same spell that was cast at the end to fix everything. The spell was altered so everyone would forget Peter entirely not just that his secret identity was Spider Man. Same incantation, different desired outcome. I think it really adds to Peter's sacrifice as opposed to the original which only messed up because of his selfishness, but your opinion is obviously still valid.

On 12/17/2021 at 8:13 AM, AJLewandoski said:

Hide contents

It wasn't the exact same spell that was cast at the end to fix everything. The spell was altered so everyone would forget Peter entirely not just that his secret identity was Spider Man. Same incantation, different desired outcome. I think it really adds to Peter's sacrifice as opposed to the original which only messed up because of his selfishness, but your opinion is obviously still valid.

Spoiler

I'm aware of that, it's still all too easy a 'fix'. Lame.

On 12/17/2021 at 8:13 AM, AJLewandoski said:

Reveal hidden contents

I believe this post is spoiler free.

I went to one of the very first screenings in my city yesterday. It was a packed theater with some dialogue bits here and there lost to all the whooping and hollering from the audience. (It was neat to hear that, a real pre-pandemic Endgame type of vibe).

I kinda lost the details of that first and last plot detail you're referring to (not the crowd's fault I don't think), but in the end, for me, it doesn't matter. With a lot of the MCU films, plot details are kinda like MacGuffins for me, they're just there to move the story along so that our heroes can either power up, be heroes, explore their relationships with other characters, or reveal their inner worlds aka mental/emotional state. That's how Hitchcock's use of the MacGuffin worked in movies like North by Northwest, and the simpler comic booky plot points in MCU films do the same thing. They're really just there to serve the strengthening of our featured hero, in ways other than just powering up.

And that really was the strength of Spider-Man No Way Home, all the obvious fan service aside. This movie explored Peter's relationships with those around him moreso than the two previous MCU Spider-films did, like 150x more.

And Peter's relationships with those he loves is the core of what Spider-Man is. This movie finally got that.