• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week in your Collection - Moderns ONLY
20 20

1,967 posts in this topic

On 10/9/2023 at 1:15 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

awesome, I bet it is an interesting read!

I like that the tagline bottom left illustrates what could be a considered a "melted head cover" haha, more importantly?

I've never seen a "superman's boots" illustrated quite so cowboyish, for a lack of a better term :whatthe: I guess that is superman, read to find out! ^^ 

image.png.ac489a60da1e35c4fc756ed89701e099.png

It’s interesting for sure. I would categorize it has high satire, not for the feint of heart. 

In truth, it’s probably a more realistic perspective of what would really happen with the Death of Superman.

Fans of Faust would love this. 

On 10/8/2023 at 10:25 PM, captainzombie said:

Thanks! Sorry, I thought I had responded. Some of the Gears covers are truly amazing looking from an art standpoint.

Did you get a chance to read this series at all? I was wondering if it was pretty good or not.

Not yet. I've only got a few issues at the moment. I'll likely pick up the TPB. 

I'm still on my Hobgoblin quest and 2 new ones arrived this morning!  I'm looking to get as many appearances (especially COVERS) in 9.8 as I can, if anyone out there has any clues as to where to find any drop me a PM.  In any case, here's one from 1991 and another from 1994.  One from when Macendale was possessed and the later is the death of Demogoblin!  

MS_MK_32.jpg

SM_48.jpg

On 11/9/2023 at 12:53 PM, pmpknface said:

I'm still on my Hobgoblin quest and 2 new ones arrived this morning!  I'm looking to get as many appearances (especially COVERS) in 9.8 as I can, if anyone out there has any clues as to where to find any drop me a PM.  In any case, here's one from 1991 and another from 1994.  One from when Macendale was possessed and the later is the death of Demogoblin!  

MS_MK_32.jpg

SM_48.jpg

It is amazing that I still have my childhood copy of the death of demo lol I've been staring at that cover a looooooong time haha

On 11/9/2023 at 2:06 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

It is amazing that I still have my childhood copy of the death of demo lol I've been staring at that cover a looooooong time haha

Excellent!  I have a page of art from this story too.  

To do:  Add that page to my CAF site and share.

Until then, here's a splash from Spider-Girl:

image.png.2da1763b0a521ab597f31fcad895573c.png

Just started going through my collection of 30 years and getting some of my favorites slabbed.

This THB got a qualified grade because I didn't send the poster with it. I have it, so should I send it back with the poster? Only 1 graded better.

image.thumb.jpeg.535f763a330502f318d10ed257780340.jpeg

I don't even remember buying this gold foil edition Venom off the shelf. This is when I first started collecting again. Cool Venom CGC banner.

image.jpeg.9669a38c13f45ba827a94a28070ab97b.jpeg

Have you seen the Sandman series on Netflix? Wow, it's good.

image.jpeg.2cb535fb6884ea577b57238115864256.jpeg

More coming. Do you like these so far?

Edited by Freddy-CGC

On 11/9/2023 at 8:05 PM, Freddy-CGC said:

Just started going through my collection of 30 years and getting some of my favorites slabbed.

This THB got a qualified grade because I didn't send the poster with it. I have it, so should I send it back with the poster? Only 1 graded better.

image.thumb.jpeg.535f763a330502f318d10ed257780340.jpeg

Great Gogos/Bodé cover on this Eerie #26

image.thumb.jpeg.cf04398e7c3d0e687611ab07374143bc.jpeg

I don't even remember buying this red foil Venom off the shelf. This is when I first started collecting again. Cool Venom CGC banner.

image.jpeg.9669a38c13f45ba827a94a28070ab97b.jpeg

More coming. Do you like these so far?

It's good stuff!

I'm not sure about the poster qualified, but I know when I buy raw Nintendo Power?  I leave everything in it, even though there are many loose inserts and etc. it is hard to see what was original or not and etc.

And then obviously qualified if anything is missing lol. :ohnoez:

On 11/10/2023 at 5:45 PM, Freddy-CGC said:

Just got this one back. It deserves a 9.9 grade. Love this Frazetta cover. I think Frank would be proud of his grand daughter Sara for bringing this title back.

This is the only one listed in the CGC census as of today.

image.thumb.jpeg.6e58b96ec706103410bb11313e18bade.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.84032fbef96e1ea54f3fefb13685db8d.jpeg

I didn't think that it was Done that recent, that there was "new" frazetta stuff. It looks good, and I assume is a bit like Michael Turner stuff? Where there are drawings or sketches and etc that are "left overs?" Within the Frazetta family?

Either way it's nice to see his name on something this year!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 11/10/2023 at 10:07 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I didn't think that it was Done that recent, that there was "new" frazetta stuff. It looks good, and I assume is a bit like Michael Turner stuff? Where there are drawings or sketches and etc that are "left overs?" Within the Frazetta family?

Either way it's nice to see his name on something this year!

This painting is signed by Frank with a date of 1985 which I believe is the date that the animated movie was released, so this is not a new or recent painting, just one that I don't think we've seen before, maybe unpublished until now. There is no mistaking the Frazetta style here.

I'm hoping the movie will be remastered. I have two different VHS copies, but would love to see it produced on Blu-Ray. Not a small undertaking.